FS : MGC Beretta M12s SMG

Rob15

Make: MGC

Gun/Model: Beretta M12s

Condition: Used

Price/Payment: £60 plus Postage, PayPal prefered but can take cheques

Up for sale is my classic (1989) MGC M12s SMG, this is quite an unusual and old piece of airsoft history which as you'd expect for a classic runs from external air/Co2/134a/GG and uses a NBB bullet valve system. I have tested this today running from a regulated air source and it is still functioning, the spring in the magazine has been replaced with a new one as the original after some 21 years had lost a fair bit of length. Mostly plastic construction with some metal parts such as the folding stock.

As you can see from the photos this is still in the original box and I also have the original manuals for this, no external air/gas rig is included though.

A site membership number will be required for this before purchase.

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

The mags don't appear to be pressurised although I'm not 100% sure, the internals themselves basically consist of a brass tube with a plug at the bottom, spring (can be sourced from cheap STAR lowcap mags which is what I did) and a sprung top section which releases the bbs when it is pushed down. If you could sort out a shell I imagine it'd be pretty simple to make the internals (use old barrels perhaps?) and get the top section turned on a lathe and milled a bit.

Min pressure not sure on, although I've had it running on 134a before, max also not sure but it worked at 140psi which is the max my rigs can go upto. I've tested this again a week or so ago and it seems to have decided to have a bit of a fit and doesn't seem to want to feed bbs consistantly and goes between not working and then blasting a mag out without issues.

The air release valves and trigger settings all seem to be working as normal so it may just need a little TLC but I don't know much about BV systems so there is only so much I can do. I'll be having a look at it again after OP MA this weekend but if its still not playing ball I'll be happy to drop the price considerably and sell as a project.

Is the tube a U shaped tube with the two ends at the top of the mag?, I was under the impression that a BV system allways used preassurised mags.

, but i'm no expert.

Is this a true BV system with the moving barrel? IE the barrel moves backwards to load a BB?

If you get the missfeeding ironed out, i am still interested.

The tube is just a straight brass tube from one end to the other with the top part turned to a slightly smaller diameter.

I'm not sure if the barrel moves, there is a small catch inside the feedtube which moves back to allow bbs in but I don't know if that is the only part that does the loading, I can get a scan of the manual next week if you want so you can see what the internals and the mag looks like if you want me to.

That'd be great, thanks. It deffinatly sounds like it is not a BV, or at least not how i understand the BV system. I am no expert on theese things so I might well be wrong.

The mag sounds like it is not part of a preassurised system, and therefore 'fairly easy' to make new ones. Or at least make an adaptor to use M40 mags (i know, not the perfect answer, but it gets it skirmishable without changing the gun).

Let me know.

• 2 months later...

Right, I've finally got around to having another look at this and I can confirm that the barrel does move so it would appear to be a conventional BV system, the issue appears to be something to do with the chamber not loading the bbs from the mag correctly (or consistantly to be correct since it occasionally fires) and another very small part has fallen out that from the manual appears to sit on the end of a rod connected to the chamber, said rod does however still move when the trigger is pulled so I'm not even sure if it is critical to the mech or if it is just a support for it inside the body which it looks like to me.

As this is still not fully working I'm going to drop the price down to £40 + P&P, potentially a bargain if you have the time and skill to get it working again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived