WE M14 Gas Blowback Rifle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update: already finished the V2 body of the mag. It's not perfect but should work.   Today I made the GHK style valve body but the inner hole got overbore because of the chips rubbing. Will tr

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.   Given WE's recent release of th

Can we finally have a real review? Thanks

In your pic showing the upper assembly of the rifle, the tappet appears to be bent downwards maybe from the bolt slamming into it.

From the picture it might look that way but it is not. Since the tappet "free rides" and isn't really attached to anything, it's just hanging towards the floor ( 'cause the upper is slightly inclined for the picture ).

Edited by danielsilva

Had it been in a shooting range it would have been more useful as it takes the weather out of the equation.

Because a walled in courtyard (like a rifle range) and a warehouse don't take weather out of the equation? the fact that the results of test in the warehouse and the courtyard were similar I don't think weather was a factor in that accuracy.

Edited by frogfish

Which will be never... As they use gas.

If you want to skirmish it, every GBB platform out there needs a load of cash dropped into it before you can. WE GBBR's are the most out of the box ready, being able to accept green gas and CO2 in stock form, and having some steel internals, etc.

Ben.

Which will be never... As they use gas.

If you want to skirmish it, every GBB platform out there needs a load of cash dropped into it before you can. WE GBBR's are the most out of the box ready, being able to accept green gas and CO2 in stock form, and having some steel internals, etc.

Ben.

I have to challenge that with the example of the KJ Works M4, it doesn't need a lot of cash dropped in and it works perfectly out of the box.

I have to challenge that with the example of the KJ Works M4, it doesn't need a lot of cash dropped in and it works perfectly out of the box.

I will concur, I actually sold my KJW M4 to get the WE M14, and I sometimes regret the move, as the KJW was a straight shooter out of the box... But when the only replacement that we could get for metal upper receivers, that were breaking, was a plastic receiver, I choked and parted with mine. A 'hanger queen' I did not need... It ended up on EBAY after the buyer scarfed the hard to find mags (gosh I miss that rifle).

But the M14 is a very nice piece of work. It is not that straight of a shooter out of the box, but a little work, and you can run and gun the open fields. If you want a DMR or a sniper however, you'll need to roll up your sleeves and tune it up.

It is easy to maintain, and just plain feels good in your hands. Admittedly, the hop adjustment is a pain, but when you get it where you want it, the hop does a good job of holding the setting.

On a side note, to help sooth the loss of my KJW M4, I bought a used SCAR and 9-magazines at a great price...smile.gif