WE M14 Gas Blowback Rifle

Err, you may get a beach wood stock if it comes in EBR form? Where to begin on the fail here....... should I go wood and an EBR, or a bad joke... which route...

On another note, why more wood, come on where are the newer style stocks, how about a JAE for christs sake!

Although i too would prefer a JAE replica stock, the EBR and Wood version are the most widely known and off course with the biggest market, theoretically speaking that is. SO we have kow many companies already making wood stocks ? Guarder, Ra-Tech ( or is it just an AFC resell ?) and Action-Army ?

PS.

Nobody noticed the error on guarder's poster ? :(

• Like 1
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update: already finished the V2 body of the mag. It's not perfect but should work.   Today I made the GHK style valve body but the inner hole got overbore because of the chips rubbing. Will tr

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.   Given WE's recent release of th

Can we finally have a real review? Thanks

WOW, I feel like an idiot and a failure at life at the moment biggrin.gif. Well moving on, I have no clue if I was drunk when I posted that but I do not think so, as I do not drink..OT, I meant to say that if they create an Enhance Battle Rifle or JAE version stock of that, not in wood of course jees, I would get it no matter what as its seems pretty easy to switch from stock to stock, maybe a bit of work here and there but thats not much of an issue. Secondly, yeah blowback I meant to say was the cause of the wobble, and I saw how bad the rattling was from the stock in that video posted by dragon so originally I meant, how fast does this occur from the strong blowback. (so called how many rounds). And thanks dsilva for hopefully a soon post on how to fix this issue, which I know for a fact will bug me because of my strangely high-rate of OCD.

Oh and Ben you spelled blowback wrong...haha jk man..rolleyes.gif

Edited by ahadsz

My cousin just bought a we m14, so that officially means I maybe getting one as well, he says its really accurate for a gbbr and yes, wood stocks do fit because he ordered one off of some website ( i think ebay), and actually did it in about 5 mins flat. Im just hoping to find a nine-ball hop-up bucking and TBB and wood stock, then all should be good, except that I really would like a EBR version or the JAE wish it could come out earlier.

EBR Prototype done and already working, check it out at airsoftnews! Made of cnc'd aluminum and looks way lighter than the Kart EBR.

Specs below:

- MK14 MOD 0 configurations

- 100% CNC from aluminum alloy

- 100% mil-spec

- fully adjustable stock (length)

- fully adjustable cheek rest

- full underside rail (identical to the RS gun's)

- drop-in conversion for our Classic AWSS M14

- available as a conversion kit, and also as a complete gun

Edited by yetifas

Really they produce a professional marketing poster and it says BLOWBCAK....wow someone needs a slap in the face....

I understand that the EBR is more common in the airsoft world, but in actuality you are more likely to encounter a JAE stock in the real world (off the battlefield) as they are much cheaper, so I have no idea why they haven't gained in popularity in airsoft.

oh now i see it blowbcak lol, thats a fail at advertising. Sweet ebr is now here, man hopefully it comes out soon! (in the next week or 2), Do you guys think there will be different colors for the ebr (i.e) Foliage Green, Arctic White, or Desert Tan? I like the black and all but Foliage Green would be sick, perfect for hiding a long range rifle as that. And what do you guys think that the ebr will weigh in at?

well as long as its under 20 ill be fine holding it, I can lift it but I tried using an ares m60 the one time, and it was damn heavy I only used it for like 1 or 2, then I just gave up on it lol, I just switched to double pistols a lot faster and easier to maneuver. tongue.gif

You know an Ares M60 weighs less than 20lbs right? It's the lightest of the M60s with the full metal AK M60e4 next in line at 26lbs.

Still weights less than 20lbs, the Ares e4 weighs about 4.5KG that's about 10lbs. Are you sure it was a SUSAT and not an ELCAN? An ELCAN should weigh more and they weight about 1.5lbs, total you are looking at probably less than 13Lbs for an Ares loaded up just to give you an idea of heft.

20lbs may not seem like much at first but as the day goes on it's a lot.

Edited by frogfish

The WE M14 GBBR weighs more like 10 lbs (+/- 1 lb) with the magazine loaded and gassed up. With the scope and a bipod, it is possible that you could end up with a rifle that's about 15 pounds. Spare mags will also weigh you down as well as the rest of your gear.

• 1 month later...

It's not so much the added weight, as it is the connectivity...or the tether hose. I understand the added benefit of an HPA system, but the whole concept seems so...paintballish.

My daughter has again offered to play video director, and shoot some footage of me demonstrating how loose my rifle has become after 1000 rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAyN0FsI3tg

...also, I'm new to youtube, so as I progress maybe my videos won't be so...noobish rolleyes.gif

I actually had ALL your loosey lucy's 1000-round issues OTB...on day 2 of testing...how's that :D? Upper assembly slides back-forth like 1-2mm, outer barrel wobbles, trigger group rocks back-forth....LOL. In addition, my cocking handle wasn't straight, it was slightly curved, it needed trimming with a dremel and sandpaper...

But it only took minor tweaks...there's a metal part on the stock that holds the upper assembly, i added 1-2 mm thickness on them with sealtape...and flattened the sides so it doesn't block the mag well too much. The result was a tight snug fit for the upper assembly, and the mags sit in tighter too. And the outer barrel....i followed the suggestions on your youtube vid comments..open the plastic barrel cover, there's a hex-screw on top of the outer-barrel...tighten it and it's fixed! Maybe some loctite on that to be safe...i'll do it later :D

But even in its "loosey lucy" state (its catchy), my rifle shoots (unexpectedly) well for a GBBR. Stable FPS is around 427fps on 0.2 BBs...with slight deviation (floating around 424-428fps), though occasionally it drops to 390ish. I took it to 3 skirmishes to date, been engaging targets up to 30m or more (up to 60-70m) comfortably (compared to my WE M4)...shooting reasonably straight on KSC 0.25g BBs. Under 30 m, accuracy is deadly...scored a few hits already in this range span, and i was on ironsights. I shot a shoulder sticking out of cover at around 15 m, and he was hit! The only problem i found during skirmishing is the occasional jams (bolt not going all the way back, stuck half-way)...the cure was racking the bolt back a bit, it'll operate normally again...but i'm still figuring this out...any ideas?

Haven't tested the performance after i finished tweaking the loose parts, though....perhaps in a few days. Expecting much out of it

• 3 weeks later...

Any feed back on the ra tech wood kit yet? Good quality, easy to install etc??

I'd say getting the whole thing from RA-Tech themselves would be the easier approach. What I would like to know is if the Stage 2 RA-Tech M-14 will become so loose too. I'm guessing it will...

I'd say getting the whole thing from RA-Tech themselves would be the easier approach. What I would like to know is if the Stage 2 RA-Tech M-14 will become so loose too. I'm guessing it will...

If by loose you're refering to the upper body movement you can blame the polymer stock for that, that and sharp edges on the upper assembly.

Basically this,

045az.jpg

Doing this,

058mq.jpg

The rest is just a matter of tightning some bolts and some teflon tape/Locktite :)

Ive heard multiple people say these can take real stocks, with at most minor modification. And considering you can get the real stocks here for $20-50, I'd say its worth trying, even if it doesn't fit you're not out that much. I would definitely do that before spending $100!!! for an airsoft made one. Its just wood, I have it every morning, not worth $100

Edited by Seraphim989
  • Like 1

Yeah I saw one with a Norinco 305 (M1A) woodstock modified onto it yesterday.

3 things were required to fit it:

- A cut in the stock for the selector

- Right side of the stock has to be cut to fit the hammer release bar for full auto.

- The base of the stock where the recoil spring guide sits had to be chizelled about 2-3mm deeper for the action to work smoothly.