WE M14 Gas Blowback Rifle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update: already finished the V2 body of the mag. It's not perfect but should work.   Today I made the GHK style valve body but the inner hole got overbore because of the chips rubbing. Will tr

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.   Given WE's recent release of th

Can we finally have a real review? Thanks

Can anyone tell me more about range and accuracy, I've been keeping tabs on this and listening/reading things from other people, but I'm geting conflicting reports, some sound like it chronos consistently around the 400fps w/.2g BB mark, and that it's pretty decently consistent out to about 200ft, others make it sound like a pile of junk.

also do the RATECH upgrades make as much as a difference as they are trying to make them? The RAtech rubber looks terrible, is the final product as poorly made as the ones I've seen in the RA tech vids?

Can anyone tell me more about range and accuracy, I've been keeping tabs on this and listening/reading things from other people, but I'm geting conflicting reports, some sound like it chronos consistently around the 400fps w/.2g BB mark, and that it's pretty decently consistent out to about 200ft, others make it sound like a pile of junk.

also do the RATECH upgrades make as much as a difference as they are trying to make them? The RAtech rubber looks terrible, is the final product as poorly made as the ones I've seen in the RA tech vids?

I don't think I quite made my post clear, is the hype RATECH trying to generate accurate. I don't trust testing done by a biased body. I've had RATECH stuff in my WOC and it was anywhere from "OK" to well made, do the parts they show in the vids hold up to the testing they show or is it just them hyping the product?

Edit: Thanks Dan, exactly what I wanted to know. Otherwise how are these M14s holding up, I've seen the issues with the polymer stock and the body sliding lose, but for skirmishability how is range and how many rounds are people getting out of one gas fill per mag?

I'd love to hear more on the compatibility with real stocks, I would love to get one of these in a JAE stock.

Edited by frogfish

I too really wanted to put one in a JAE stock, but for me that meant hoping they would be AEG spec, but that does not seem to be the case. Theres no way Im going to blow $600-1500 for a real JAE unfortunately. Frogfish, check evil dans post a few slots up, its almost a drop in for real stocks from the sound of it

Yeah I read that but it didn't sound definite. I don't want to buy a $600 JAE stock and damage it beyond resale, I would also need to see if I can buy a milspec stock...

as for performance I have yet to see one in person so I'm just going off second hand reports, I'm not expecting UBERLEETASTIC SNIPERZ, but Id like something that shot decently if I invested in it. I'm used to classics and have had a few GIM GBBRs, but the WEs I've had outside my SCAR were rather unimpressive.

Edited by frogfish

I didn't get to test it enough to make a solid conclusion of the WE M14 in a skirmish.

I did observe a few things:

- Its really heavy, heavier than an RS vanilla M14, particularly with scope.

- Its solid as a hammer

- Magazines are easier to insert than RS.

- Stock is thicker than the match stocks and M305 stocks. Also the stock is heavier than RS stocks.

- Its a gas hog, 1.5 mags per fill and takes a LOT of gas.

- If the trigger isn't fitted properly with the receiver it can randomly vent gas.

- Accuracy is similar to a VSR10 with the same sort of hop trajectory. Changes in hop is minimal from shot to shot.

- Recoil is heavy but slow, not enough to offset your sight picture. Basically the weight of the gun offsets any felt recoil. (Then again I am biased as I shoot RS M14s and kinda used to the .308 kick)

Its nice, though not enough for me to want one. It is more consistent than a Tanaka KAR98K though KAR98K instils fear on the enemy while the M14 is more like an AEG. I guess it will only tell when I get a chance to skirmish with it to test. Its not mine but I get to test new toys, as always :)

Seraphim, I found a few of the fully loaded ones lightly used on gunbroker for $600, it looks like they've sold but the guy said he had more he would list soon, that's the only reason I would get one, I'm not dropping $1k on a stock... at least I keep telling myself that...

Dan thanks for the report, that's the kind of things I want to hear, I'm leaning more and more towards it as a DMR platform, especially if it's such a gas hog.

Edited by frogfish

just to let you guys know, i have seen someone that has modified an AEG EBR stock to fit his WE M14. im willing to bet that it took a lot of work, but that shows that its possible if your willing to wip out your choice of rotary tool.

off to find the video

VIDEOS FOUND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1OdTC7xlak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjNo23dYwfo&feature=related

Edited by Horsem4n

I did "hear" that the Marui M14 requires a few modification to fit the RS stocks, so I am not surprised. If the trigger mechanism locking to receiver can be securely locked in place on any M14 stock the rest of the fit is just minor detail (except for AEGs making room for the motor cage can be a pain.)

Question is whether the Kart EBR stock will take the "recoil". Kart EBR stocks are very very poorly made (the fact that the most extended setting for the stock is available but doesn't actually lock in place), and I have seen KART Chassis pistol grips fall off and the whole sliding stock wobble. Its because the pot metal wears from just constant use.

On an RS, the bedding of the receiver/barrel to chassis is partially the determinant of accuracy but in airsoft I guess its not as important.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

BTW WE EBR stocks do not fit a RS. Just tried.

There is no bedding as it is not milled into the receiver, so the chassis won't take the recoil. Even if I tried to put the trigger group onto the receiver it will not lock into place (trigger block mounted too low).

But when there is a will there is always a way.

Actually, I have seen guys put springer XM177E2 stocks on their ARs, same with airsoft CTR/MOE stocks, they work ok (it is 5.56mm, so recoil isn't that high). Also seen airsoft stocks on AKs, and they seem to work ok also.

But yeah 308 can be a big jump in terms of recoil, but taking all safety considerations aside it should be ok if the bedding is present. Aluminium is still tougher than wood.

I have drawn the bedding block required to fit the WE EBR stock, will see if I can get it produced.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you guys having problems with the bolt catch on the mag? I haven;t even shot my rifle and the bolt catch of the mag came off. Apparently there's a small nub you put the bolt catch in and that came off. I am wondering how sturdy this nub is for people who have extensively used their magazine. Trying to super glue the nub back on but I don't think it'll hold...may have to try epoxy or just leave it out of the mag.

Are you guys having problems with the bolt catch on the mag? I haven;t even shot my rifle and the bolt catch of the mag came off. Apparently there's a small nub you put the bolt catch in and that came off. I am wondering how sturdy this nub is for people who have extensively used their magazine. Trying to super glue the nub back on but I don't think it'll hold...may have to try epoxy or just leave it out of the mag.

Send it back to whom ever you purchased it from and get a replacement (assuming you purchased new).

• 3 weeks later...