WE M14 Gas Blowback Rifle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update: already finished the V2 body of the mag. It's not perfect but should work.   Today I made the GHK style valve body but the inner hole got overbore because of the chips rubbing. Will tr

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.   Given WE's recent release of th

Can we finally have a real review? Thanks

I read that people got problem with mag gas dump when using the we ebr, does the ra Tech trigger box fix that problem ?

I have only seen that issue when you attempt to insert a magazine with the bolt forward.  If you move the bolt to the rear, then there is no issue with venting gas or weird shooting performance...and the RAT complete trigger box doesn't fix that...

Back then when I had mine I had the gas vent a few times until I figured out the problem. Sometimes when you insert the magazine into the gun it seems fine but it is actually placed incorrectly. You can confirm it by giving the magazine a light push from behind and if it clicks then it was not inserted correctly.

I have only seen that issue when you attempt to insert a magazine with the bolt forward.  If you move the bolt to the rear, then there is no issue with venting gas or weird shooting performance...and the RAT complete trigger box doesn't fix that...

Back then when I had mine I had the gas vent a few times until I figured out the problem. Sometimes when you insert the magazine into the gun it seems fine but it is actually placed incorrectly. You can confirm it by giving the magazine a light push from behind and if it clicks then it was not inserted correctly.

ok, so that means if I would want to reload Before a mag is empty, it will do the mag gas dump?

Is these common problems, or just a minor problem?

Any other known faults with the rifles ?

Just asking because I am interested in the ra Tech lvl3 ebr, but want as much info as possible Before spending 1380 dollars on it.

Have you tired YouTube? It can be very handy for mods and also a visual guide for disassembling gbb's, or even aeg's for that matter.

Yes but a closeup of the exact spot is better than my *suitcasey* 1" screen.

Also did you not see my last post before where I posted the video of one that I could do d and he don't show it.

Edited by Alias1983

Well I got it thanks to a member on another forum now I just need Evike to get 3 items in stock and this baby will be back up and running.

Have not decided on an optic yet, prolly won't get one as outdoor games for me are few and far between.

Trying to decide on a new "m4".

5acc524adc95cfcbde18f3d19864980f.jpg

Edited by Alias1983
  • 1 month later...

I have found the metal we nozzle guide in my latest gen EBR (which I have bough from Evike few months ago) and also got metal one (but just the right which is usually breaking) as spares from my WE dealer.

The funny thing with the right plastic nozzle guide is, that if you break just the bottom piece of the guide and turn it 180degrees, it works much better.

I think if you can be carefull enough to count 20BBs, the plastic nozzle is enough.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Does anyone have a RA receiver set? How are they? 

I've had this parts gun sitting in my room for years and I think it's finally time to start reviving it. I want to pump as much steel into it as possible, seeing as how everything is currently made of cheese. My original plan was to draw everything up in Inventor or Solidworks and go from there, including a one piece outer barrel populated with real parts and using a real rear sight assembly. However it might be more cost and time effective to start with all the RAT steel parts and fill in from there with custom fab parts, including 8, 42, pretty much all of the trigger (that is not capable of being swapped for real parts) and selector, and 54+66 as one piece.

I also plan on using a real op rod, spring guide, stock, stock frame thing (#40), and as much of the trigger parts as possible.

It will be powered by the co2 mags designed by Devilhunter, PBUH.

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.

Given WE's recent release of the "clamped" 80rd stanag mags which were shown somewhere in 2014, I'd like to assume they're taking a closer look at improving their magazines.

• Like 3

Running my WE M14 third year, mostly (99%) OEM parts except bolt stop. From time to time switch bolt cover or bolt catch (cosmetic reasons) and keep on running on GG, but mostly MAPP in short bursts.

Sure I made some DIY mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by vietnammarine
  • Like 1