WE M14 Gas Blowback Rifle

From my experience, that spongy-ness is from the trigger group flexing because it's in two peices and they have stopped staying together correctly.

This is what happened to my trigger group:

m14_tg.jpg

The RA-Tech part, being one piece, fully solves this problem. The trigger is totally soild, the trigger group doesn't move at all in both the EBR stock and an RA-Tech stock. Trigger pull is much crisper and consistent.

I just bought the housing and transfered the rest of the trigger group parts, I didn't buy the complete trigger group.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update: already finished the V2 body of the mag. It's not perfect but should work.   Today I made the GHK style valve body but the inner hole got overbore because of the chips rubbing. Will tr

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.   Given WE's recent release of th

Can we finally have a real review? Thanks

Has anyone installed part #53 from ra-tech ? I installed one on one of my M14's but the thing required UNGODLY amounts of filling to fit correctly ... In stock form the bolt wouldn't even cycle by hand ...

It's made from very tough steel but jebus, the amount of filling that was necessary for the part to fit was unbelievable.

i must've gotten lucky with mine then, was a bit disapointed with the NPAS, found to achieve lower fps i had to not follow the instructions for installing it from their videos and just straight swap it out for the stock WE nozzle. Following the instructions on a mates one we could barely get it below 350 fps on 0.20g bb's, and this is in about 10-15 *C weather.

Also, update on the USGI stock, almost there with dremmeling it out to make it fit, had to take a break as spent an hour trying to make the upper fit in and realised i hadn't dremmelled out the space where the tappet plate sits... derp :P

found to achieve lower fps i had to not follow the instructions for installing it from their videos and just straight swap it out for the stock WE nozzle.

Hmm, so not shaving the plastic allows for LOWER fps settings? If so I might need to purchase a new part... I need the NPAS to go between <350 and <450, not from 400 to 550 as of now.

Installed the one piece trigger housing along with the realistic function bolt catch and steel bolt catch arm. I love being able to lock it back like on a real M14.

Pretty soon my WE M14 and Springfield Armory M1A are going to look like twins :)

• 1 month later...

the recoil and refire rate suffer more on the M14. probably to the the huge amount of metal that the blowback chamber has to shift compared to the G36 and also the fact the mags are metal instead of plastic .

In very cold weather I found the hop rubber was more affected too , probably because the hop rubber is more exposed to enviroment than the enclosed chamber of the G36

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently received a used WE m14, and the stock seems very worn out. The upper receiver moves back and forth a few mms. I looked through the thread, and the edges in the stock that cause this problem are severely ground down. The main problem is that the trigger box can rock back and forth inside the stock when assembled. when the gun is ready to fire, the trigger will move back a few mms when pulled, then the whole trigger box will sort of rotate back and into the stock, and then a considerably large amount of force must be pushed on the trigger to drop the hammer. Even then, after the bolt cycles, the trigger won't drop the hammer at all, due to some weird interaction with the selector parts.

Could a worn out stock be the source of all these problems? Or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Hmm...I'm not too sure how the trigger assembly is rocking about - that might be just due to the stock been worn down like you said, but when I got my gun I *fixed* the receiver movement by putting a piece of cardboard at the front of the stock where it meets the collar. Crude, but it stopped the receiver movement at least...