WE M14 Gas Blowback Rifle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update: already finished the V2 body of the mag. It's not perfect but should work.   Today I made the GHK style valve body but the inner hole got overbore because of the chips rubbing. Will tr

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.   Given WE's recent release of th

Can we finally have a real review? Thanks

Not in this new age of 'Full Metal' airsoft guns it's not.

Also, I found it to be very light, and I wasn't too sure on the finish.

Ben.

What parts on the KJW are plastic that aren't plastic on the real one? Either you haven't done your homework correctly, or I'm just unable to see metal on my real AR sitting next to my KJW that has plastic in the same spots...

And the magazine is full metal, unlike the real Thermold mags that are made of plastic. Which I'm not sure why "Plasticy" mags would bother anyone, because real mags (thermold, Pmags, etc) are made out of plastic.

Don't talk about guns you don't have. It is counter productive, and you put your foot in your mouth.

Now back onto the topic at hand, the WE M14s. The best accuracy we are seeing is from the RA tech upgrades, right? Has anyone else gotten better performance? I'd love to get a DMR platform with one of these guys, but the accuracy is making me want to go down the AEG path instead. Has anyone released a tightbore yet?

Edited by Shadow_Ocelot

*Snip*

I've handled and shot AGM, KJW, and WE M4's, all on multiple occasions, in shops and at skirmishes. The KJW impressed me in its performance and consistency on the chrono, but not in the fit and finish. It just feels the most plasticky and the worst built. If that's upsetting because you own one, fair enough. It just does to me.

Back OT now, although anyone wishing to convince me otherwise can PM me.

Ben.

Don't talk about guns you don't have. It is counter productive, and you put your foot in your mouth.

Unfortunately the "new replacement" uppers that KJW is offering are made of plastic. One of the reasons i sold my KJW.

Now back onto the topic at hand, the WE M14s. The best accuracy we are seeing is from the RA tech upgrades, right? Has anyone else gotten better performance? I'd love to get a DMR platform with one of these guys, but the accuracy is making me want to go down the AEG path instead. Has anyone released a tightbore yet?

I'm taking that Ra-Tech video with a grain of salt, specially since i'm loosing faith on their products lately :(

I've now fixed 3 new WE GBBR's that were assembled by Ra-Tech in the past month and they all had problems made by the ra-tech tech's that assembled them ( bad fittings and even MISSING PARTS! ).

Hell my STOCK M14 was shooting way better than that and after i installed the Prometheus VSR hop rubber it only got better. But for the nay sayers, see for your self:

1152194373_3.jpg

This is a Ra-tech hop up rubber, i mean wtf?! Even my stock KJW or Marui P226 hop up rubber had a better finish than that POS :waggle:

So what kind of groupings are you getting with the VSR rubber? Are they tighter than the RA tech ones?

Even my stock M14 had better groupings than that! I didn't measured the VSR groupings as i did with the stock rubber but i could get 10 out of 10 torso hits ( A4 sheet - actually a pine tree :D ) from 60m/200feet ( measured my GPS - Android ).

At this point i DO NOT recommend getting the hop-up kit from RA-tech.

Edited by danielsilva

Question for those of you that have shot many rounds with your M14: How loose is your entire assembly now?

I have just over 1000 rounds through my rifle now, and it has become a loose and sloppy assembly. I'm not talking about nuts and bolts, I'm talking about the entire bolt carrier and barrel assembly's ability to slide back and forth withing the stock... I'm talking about being able to twist the barrel assembly within the carrier... I believe I have shot (fired) the rifle to the point, that all of the tolerances are completely out of spec (what ever that is)!!! I'm sure the specs were not very tight, but dang this rifle is "loose-as-a-goose" now.

Question for those of you that have shot many rounds with your M14: How loose is your entire assembly now?

I have just over 1000 rounds through my rifle now, and it has become a loose and sloppy assembly. I'm not talking about nuts and bolts, I'm talking about the entire bolt carrier and barrel assembly's ability to slide back and forth withing the stock... I'm talking about being able to twist the barrel assembly within the carrier... I believe I have shot (fired) the rifle to the point, that all of the tolerances are completely out of spec (what ever that is)!!! I'm sure the specs were not very tight, but dang this rifle is "loose-as-a-goose" now.

I can positively say i have more than 3500 rounds on mine ( i already wasted the bag of BB's i had for it ) and it's not any more loose than it was when it came. The receive does move a bit forward ( i now know where the problem is ), but i had this problem from day one and it only moves when i have no mag inserted.

PS.

I DID disassembled and reassembled the gun upon arriving, and locktited some things while on others i added teflon tape. Maybe this is the difference ? I do this in every gun i own/work on though.

Edited by danielsilva

I'm good with 400+ with .25's at the moment... besides, at 12lbs of rifle, I would not want to mess with a rig too...

With RA-Tech NPAS though... more recoil FTW :D

Air rig isn't too heavy, but then again I'm used to hauling around a lot of gear including my G&G M14 Veteran, which weighs a lot.

With RA-Tech NPAS though... more recoil FTW biggrin.gif

Air rig isn't too heavy, but then again I'm used to hauling around a lot of gear including my G&G M14 Veteran, which weighs a lot.

It's not so much the added weight, as it is the connectivity...or the tether hose. I understand the added benefit of an HPA system, but the whole concept seems so...paintballish.

My daughter has again offered to play video director, and shoot some footage of me demonstrating how loose my rifle has become after 1000 rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAyN0FsI3tg

...also, I'm new to youtube, so as I progress maybe my videos won't be so...noobish rolleyes.gif

It's not so much the added weight, as it is the connectivity...or the tether hose. I understand the added benefit of an HPA system, but the whole concept seems so...paintballish.

My daughter has again offered to play video director, and shoot some footage of me demonstrating how loose my rifle has become after 1000 rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAyN0FsI3tg

...also, I'm new to youtube, so as I progress maybe my videos won't be so...noobish rolleyes.gif

Love that video. Made me laugh too much, when you shot down the idea of an inserted mag fixing the problem. And on a more serious note, thanks for the demonstration of issues after 1000rds.

sweet, i actually may get that, if its in ebr version though

Err, you may get a beach wood stock if it comes in EBR form? Where to begin on the fail here....... should I go wood and an EBR, or a bad joke... which route...

On another note, why more wood, come on where are the newer style stocks, how about a JAE for christs sake!

Edited by frogfish
  • Like 1