WE M14 Gas Blowback Rifle

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick update: already finished the V2 body of the mag. It's not perfect but should work.   Today I made the GHK style valve body but the inner hole got overbore because of the chips rubbing. Will tr

Just a quick heads up. Luke Branch, the WE-Tech sales rep replied to a comment on their Facebook page saying he has a working prototype of the Co2 mag on his desk.   Given WE's recent release of th

Can we finally have a real review? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so two questions:

how much modification is necessary to fit a RS full-auto M14 stock to the WE?

I think I read that the trigger area needs some dremel work/sanding and the area under the op-rod needs to be ground out.

Also, does anyone know if a RS selector lock will fit on the M14? I want to "disable" the full auto to permit use without downgrades.

The RA-tech wood stock I have now is nice, but beech simply isn't as good as solid American walnut.

Having just acquired a refurbished USGI walnut stock , from first measurements there's a fair bit of work to do, the channel where the operating rod moves in needs to be ground out, but basically all the way to the front of the handguard as the gas tube is fatter as well, also a few bits need dremelling where the receiver and trigger pack go in to make it fit. I'm taking my time with it so i don't destroy this beautiful stock. Most of the differences are within about 0.5cm, just a bit fiddly to work around.

so two questions:

how much modification is necessary to fit a RS full-auto M14 stock to the WE?

I think I read that the trigger area needs some dremel work/sanding and the area under the op-rod needs to be ground out.

Also, does anyone know if a RS selector lock will fit on the M14? I want to "disable" the full auto to permit use without downgrades.

The RA-tech wood stock I have now is nice, but beech simply isn't as good as solid American walnut.

The RS selector lock will fit, I have one on my EBR, a little bit of work, but not too bad. They are $8 from RA Parts. The RS stock needs some work where you mentioned and you have to use the metal from the WE stock, the RS part won't work. Sadly the fiberglass stock doesn't fit without a lot of work.

My trigger group broke and the second M14 I bought used has the same problem. I bought the RA Tech part and while it's costly, it works REALLY well. Trigger group lock up is excellent and magazines lock in much tighter.

My trigger group broke and the second M14 I bought used has the same problem. I bought the RA Tech part and while it's costly, it works REALLY well. Trigger group lock up is excellent and magazines lock in much tighter.

Hi double_a Did you replace the entire trigger assembly? My m14 has quite a spongy trigger pull in the standard WE stock, and I didnt know wether to replace the TA or the Stock to fix it?