Somehow I posted an empty topic, well here goes

First off a big thanks to www.redwolfairsoft.com for getting this item to me quickly.

Packaging

As I mentioned this a review of the Dytac 14.5 inch outer barrel in Silver. It is packaged in a simple clear vinyl sleeve stapled together at the top. Included in the package is:

-Outer barel

-Vltor marked Gas Block

-Gas tube

Why I Bought This

I picked up this barrel because I was looking for a barrel that was 14.5in long that did NOT have the 203 cut, I was also looking for a chrome barrel that already included the gas block and gas tube as to prevent any fitment issues. In short I bought this barrel for COSMETIC REASONS.

Overview:

This being an outer barrel there isnt much to say about it. As far as fitting my King Arms body is does the job well enough, as fas as fitting the hop unit and inner barrel is does the job well enough. The Barrel feels extremely sturdy for how light it is. The weight is where this barrel shines, to be 14.5 in, it from what I can tell weighs less than the old 10.5in stock barrel that came with my King Arms.

Threads

I ordered the counter clockwise version of this barrel. So far my King Arms FH, and my Madbull fire pig have fit the barrel just fine. So no worries about the threads being daft

Problems

1) On my stock KA barrel it had small lugs on the side to lock it into place. The Dytac Barrel does NOT have these and it relies on the hop unit to keep it from rotating when you tighten down the barrel nut. I spent ALOT of time making sure the barrel was centered as to assure the hop wasn't tilted. Not a major issue, but definitely annoying.

2) The finish isnt as sturdy as I had hoped, it is easily scratched when it comes into contact with metal (I managed to scratch it with a barrel washer.

Conclusion

All in all this barrel is worth the $60 I paid for it, other than the somewhat weak finish, and lack of locking lugs on the barrel this is a good purchase if it meets your cosmetic needs, if not then there are cheaper options for a 14.5 barrels out there.

This being my first review I await feed back on how I should change the writing, order, etc. Feedback will be greatly appreciated, pics will be posted later.

• 2 weeks later...

Constructive Feedback:

* Don't make the first post a placeholder. If your review isn't ready, don't post it. I write most of my reviews in the PM system and save them as drafts there. When they're done, I copy and paste it into the new topic. I'd recommend asking a moderator to delete your first post. You can flag it for removal.

* Photos. Info's great, but most people don't bother reading the info and just take in what they will through the pictures alone. If the pictures are interesting, people might be more inclined to read the info to learn more about it.

* If a product is different than the norm, photos comparing the item to a standard item, (e.g. the DYTac 14.5" barrel next to a regular 14.5" M4 barrel).

* The info you've written is good. You don't have to write a lot to do a good review. Some people enjoy reading about the RS origins of the replica. You may want to consider adding a sentence or two about that in the future.