So, I placed an order with www.surplusandadventure.com on the 30th of July. They have taken payment for the order but have STILL not sent it, 17 days later. The order was for two jackets and a hat. These items were in stock when I ordered.

From their website: http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/home/customer-service/delivery.html

Goods in stock will be dispatched within 3-5 working days but please allow a maximum of 28 days for delivery. (excluding weekends) Please note that in some cases products that are imported from abroad can take up to 3-4 weeks before delivery is within our company but we will always endevour to get the products to you as quickly as is possible,

And a screenshot, should they decide to change it:

sandafail.png

Now, that quite clearly states that if the items you ordered are in stock, they WILL be dispatched within 3-5 working days.

Yet, as I just got off the phone with one of their customer support ladies, they do not seem to want to accept what is written on their own webpage and kept telling me to wait up to a month for them to put two jackets and a hat into a box.

So, to recap: Stupidly slow liars with horrible customer service. Avoid like the plague.

I once ordered stuff from greygrouptraining when it was in stock. But since their stock status isn't updated automatically, the items weren't actually in stock. So this is probably the same situation. But greygrouptraining did admit the said item wasn't in stock at least.

Hmmm.. I've been ordering from these guys for years... always got my stuff on time and the one and only time I had cause to ring them about an item (wrong size boots) they sorted me out right away...

TBH mate, if they're not sorting you with this (ridiculous to take payment for an item listed as "in stock" and then try to get you to wait) I'd get on to the CC company and file a claim...

Had a simmillar situation with these guys about 4 years ago. I ordered a DPM tropical shirt (along with other stuff) which was listed as instock. When the parcel arrived it wasn't in there. When I finally got through they told me they were out of stock and one would be sent out when they got more in (next week they said) Anyway after about another 4 weeks and several phone calls I cancelled the order. One other thing I noticed was that on the website there were 2 phone numbers, an order line and a customer service line. Guess which one I found was often not awnsered, but when I rang the other immediatly it was always picked up quickly. Havn't used them since

More developments! I received an email from S&A on the 18th:

Hello, thank you for your call to me yesterday regarding your order #######. Unfortunately we have since received confirmation from our suppliers they are currently out of stock of the Womens wool jackets and your flecktarn parka, therefore I am unable to provide a delivery date. Therefore may we offer you an alternative of your choice for the same value to be despatched with your hat? We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kind Regards Val

Now, several problems with this.

1) The call was made on the 16th of August. So even their emails are slow.

2) The items were listed in stock when they were purchased three weeks ago.

3) Taking payment for goods you do not have when advertising that you do is tantamount to fraud.

I've asked for a full refund. If I don't get a response today then I'll be contacting my credit card provider and getting the money back.

• 8 months later...

[i know this isn't a new thread - but still seems the best place for feedback]

I just wanted to add to the general negative feedback trend for Surplus & Adventure.

16 Days ago i ordered x2 items they were showing as in-stock on their website (They are still showing as in stock today). After chasing them yesterday and finally getting hold of someone at their order enquiry line (After 6-7 attempts of it ringing out) I was told the items were still awaiting dispatch!!!! Seriously..!!! They had a supplier problem but had them in stock now.

I explained i required the items for a game this Saturday (It was Monday when i called) that there was no guarentee they could have the package to me before then and i should always allow upto 28 days for delivery.

I will be attempting to refund the BDU set i ordered when it eventually arrives. I just wish they had send email updates, or a phone call just so i knew the items were out of stock. But still doesn't justify the timescale to turn a package around once its in stock.

P.S - I then called Flecktarn up (Should have used them in the first place as i always do... just S&A was slightly cheaper at the time) Lovely lady explained they had the items in stock and would be with me next day. Was on the phone no more then 4 mins, fantastic service and i should never had gone anywhere else.

I will not be returning to S&A again.

Edited by Taragon

[i know this isn't a new thread - but still seems the best place for feedback]

I just wanted to add to the general negative feedback trend for Surplus & Adventure.

16 Days ago i ordered x2 items they were showing as in-stock on their website (They are still showing as in stock today). After chasing them yesterday and finally getting hold of someone at their order enquiry line (After 6-7 attempts of it ringing out) I was told the items were still awaiting dispatch!!!! Seriously..!!! They had a supplier problem but had them in stock now.

I explained i required the items for a game this Saturday (It was Monday when i called) that there was no guarentee they could have the package to me before then and i should always allow upto 28 days for delivery.

I will be attempting to refund the BDU set i ordered when it eventually arrives. I just wish they had send email updates, or a phone call just so i knew the items were out of stock. But still doesn't justify the timescale to turn a package around once its in stock.

P.S - I then called Flecktarn up (Should have used them in the first place as i always do... just S&A was slightly cheaper at the time) Lovely lady explained they had the items in stock and would be with me next day. Was on the phone no more then 4 mins, fantastic service and i should never had gone anywhere else.

I will not be returning to S&A again.

I don't use them if i can avoid it and i only live 15mins drive away.

aye, these guys are ok if you are lucky enough to live near them, but otherwise go to SAS before these guys.

I NEVER thought I'd see that sentance, ANYWHERE on these boards. But, having used this bunch of useless bellends previously I have to agree.

I ordered a US woodland duffle bag, that took, after about 30+ e-mails (I think the ones threatening legal action got them moving) 4 months to *fruitcage* arrive!

• 3 weeks later...