The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

It does look very realistic indeed, handling the RS one almost every day it's really close to the real thing. Some few details like the Buffer detente being a little smaller than the real thing, and the screw holding the rails is a phillips on the real thing. Everything else exterior vise looks spot on, even the selector and I think you mentioned a "wobbly" triggerguard, on my RS it's not wobbly to make a sound, but you can move it around quite a bit.

I germany you can get it almost everywhere. Semi auto only though. No idea how they converted it, but you can't get the fireselector in the FA mode, something seems to block it.

In case you haven't seen it, here's a pic of the bolt carrier. In daylight it appears to be painted in a very dark ODish green. Kinda weird, but normally it appears to be black, so no biggie.

8hbyyxgydsas.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

are the markings RS or the same as the german version?

They are like the German version with the 6mm BB and Umarex license stuff on the other side, but that part is laid out slightly different with just 'Heckler & Koch' instead of Heckler & Koch GmbH'.

If you can get past the 6mm BB and Umarex, they do actually look quite good.

Over all the HK416 is a really nice bit of kit.

Also how easy is it to get to the hop adjustment on them? Do you have to remove the rail?

The hop is easy enough to adjust, you can get access to it through the holes in the rails.

I'm not sure if there was supposed to be some special tool in the box but you can use a small flat screw driver, you just need to be careful as it is easy to scratch the paint on the adjuster thing.

If someone could try out WA mag compatibilty, it would really, really be awesome. I'm sure a lot of people are still hoding back because of that specific blurry part. Moreover, is it possible to slap the complete upper receiver (BCG and all) on top of a WA lower? WOC/INO/Prime spec? Anyone?

If someone could try out WA mag compatibilty,it would really, really be awesome. I'm sure a lot of people are still hoding back because of that specific blurry part. Moreover, is it possible to slap the complete upper receiver (BCG and all) on top of a WA lower? WOC/INO/Prime spec? Anyone?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=187178&st=0

Edited by Amadem

VFC receivers are RS sized and will not fit WA uppers which are shorter.

WA mags can be modded to the VFC lowers but will light strike and not perform as well as VFC mags.

Question is of course, why would you want to destroy perfectly good and OTT expensive WA mags to fit a VFC, when VFC mags are less than half the price of the WA mags, less fiddly parts and are more consistent and reliable.

I dropped a few VFC mags into the fine sand yesterday during a reload, the BBs still fed with the double column feed lip, unlike the single column feedlip of the WA. This is good design.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know when this gun will hit the UK, or anywhere else other than Germany? I have looked for the landwarrior website but cant seem to find it, and I have not seen it on any of the other websites which I frequent. Despite those aweful Umarex trades, I have heard really good things about this actual gun and it has got me interested in one, depending on the price and availability of course. It would also have to be full auto as well, unlike the German version.

Does anyone know when this gun will hit the UK, or anywhere else other than Germany? I have looked for the landwarrior website but cant seem to find it, and I have not seen it on any of the other websites which I frequent. Despite those aweful Umarex trades, I have heard really good things about this actual gun and it has got me interested in one, depending on the price and availability of course. It would also have to be full auto as well, unlike the German version.

Spencerman, in my opinion the trades are really not bad at all, even if they do say Umarex. The rest of the gun is stunning though!

@ Spencerman...

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/Official_Heckler___Koch.html

thats the link for it although it is out of stock atm. sad.gif (i am after one as well)

As for spare vfc mags redwolf do them at £22 a go.

These are back in stock at Landwarrior now!

Edited by Leapfrog

That is typical, after Christmas when I dont have the spare monies! (Unless anyone feels nice and wants to buy me a belated present!!). I also know someone else who wants to get the stock from that gun, and as the gun is hard to find at the moment it seems, I would assume that the stocks are near impossible (it is the stock, and what everyone has had to say about how good the gun is that has warmed me to it, although I do still resent Umarex ruining the trades for me and making the consumer pay for the privalidge!) to find, unless anybody has a link to somewhere I can get one. Or, better yet, unless anyone has one to sell, as I guess it doesnt matter at all where it comes from when it is just the stock, there are no internal restrictions and as a stock is not classed as ordanance it is perfectly legal to purchase without any restriction anyway. Please PM me if anyone does! :)

Leapfrog, got a few short questions for you:

• Is the 14.5 inch barrel one piece? Or, can it be shortened like the AEG version?
  • Is the version you bought from Landwarrior full-auto out of the box, or semi restricted like the German version?
  • Have you tried standard (grey) VFC mags with it, or just the glossy black HK type mags that come with the gun?

Cheers :)

Leapfrog, got a few short questions for you:

• Is the 14.5 inch barrel one piece? Or, can it be shortened like the AEG version?
  • Is the version you bought from Landwarrior full-auto out of the box, or semi restricted like the German version?
  • Have you tried standard (grey) VFC mags with it, or just the glossy black HK type mags that come with the gun?

Cheers :)

The barrel is not one piece, the extension can be easily unscrewed and removed, so it can be shortened. The inner barrel is full length though, so would have to be changed or cut down.

Yes the version I bought from Landwarrior back in November is full auto.

Sorry, I've not tried any other mags in it yet as this is my first and only GBBR, but I will certainly be looking at getting more to add to the collection in the future.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1