The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

@ Ironwolf,

i have been informed that its only the HK mags that will work in the HK416, I my self have not tried it. I have also bought one from Land warrior and it is a good buy and defo worth the money....if u have any further Questions i will be happy to answer just either post on here or PM me if u wish....I will be doing a full review soon so watch this space/facebook

lol

hope it helps

• Like 1
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

VFC states that it will probably be out at Hong Kong retailers by april or may. MP5 march or april btw.

:blink: MP5! Well, I will have to just wait and not get this yet then, as the race must surely be on between VFC and WE to get the MP5 out first, as last I heard WE were hoping to have thiers out around the end of 2010. I will still more than likely buy one of these now, as I am somewhat of a H&K ho, but I love the MP5 most. :wub:

Good news, I just received 2 separate confirmations from VFC that the cheaper matte grey mags do fit the VFC HK416

Good morning Sir,

Yes they are compatible with the VFC HK416GBBR.

Please feel free to ask, if you want to know more.

Kev.

Hi ****:

Thank you for your E-mail and interesting in VFC product.

The HK 416 GBBR is compatible for all VFC M4 GBBR series magazine.

Please feel free to ask if you need more information.

Thank you

Richard

AG1212, no one knows for sure, but hold out for the Asia limited release (release date mentioned in an earlier post) as it may have more authentic trades.

Edited by IronWolf

Warranty for gas guns is 30 days iirc, you'd have to ask them about their current stock levels though. That said, the fact that they needed to repair the gun rather than sending out different unit may suggest it was the last of their stock.

Edited by IronWolf

IMG_4065a.jpg

Pictured in stock configuration with TD SCAR panels and Gear Sector hand stop.

First impressions:

* The exterior build quality is excellent, the guns construction is rock solid and the inaccurate trades are soon forgotten about once held :).

* Works like a charm so far apart from a lethargic full auto (due to the low temperatures outdoors). That said, with 35 rounds per magazine I don't plan on indulging in automatic too often :P.

* The stock looks cumbersome when pictured but is very comfortable when used, it provides a nice cheek weld and a generous contact surface with the shoulder. The pistol grip is very comfortable too, with room in both the stock and grip to store flash light batteries and the like.

* As mentioned by others earlier in the thread, the 14.5 inch barrel extension is removable, but the inner barrel will need to be replaced as it pokes out past the flash hider when the rifle is in the shorter configuration.

* The selector is a looser than I'd like, will look into RS parts compatibility soon.

EDIT

Some further notes before I forget:

* The hop-up adjustment requires the rail system to be removed, not the worst but a bit of a PITA if you're using a RIS mounted front sight to zero the gun (this can be remedied by using a scope/RDS or the folding front sight seen in Somegirls pictures). The hop-up wheel itself is also much more difficult to adjust than the vanilla VFC M4A1 GBBR.

* The recoil has managed to push the trigger retention pin out a little (as seen in picture), this can be easily fixed mind you, just keep an eye out for it when you first start shooting :)

Edited by IronWolf
  • Like 1

So does it have a decent amount of recoil Ironwolf? And do you think that the trigger pin is likely to pop out every time you fire?

Recoil is pretty assertive, I'll see if I can weigh the bolt tomorrow. I haven't seen any movement recently as I've since secured the pin from moving with some Loctite Threadlocker. It's also worth bearing in mind that it may just be my particular gun, as opposed to being something that will affect all VFC 416 GBBR's.

Wow that is one pretty 416. How does it perform in the cold?

So far I'm getting about a mag and a half's worth of bb's fired using one charge of gas on semi. Firing in full auto for longer than a 2-3 round burst tends to use a lot of gas due to the weather over here (cold & wet).

Mine arrived today.

I also noticed that the trigger retention pin was not as tight fit as i would like, after a good few shots it started to move the same way as IronWolf`s did.

But none the less, i have to say that this piece of kit is really really nice.

Reoil is suprisingly good with kick *albatross* gas, i should also be getting a WA Npas from ra tech soon, it will need modifying but it should be ok so i will let you guys know how that one goes.

-IronWolf, what FPS readings are you getting out of it? As mine seems quite powerful, but it is quite warm in my house.

Can't say conclusively as I have to wait until I get access to a chrono, but yeah it certainly seems more powerful than the 300 FPS advertised on LWA ( I'm using GG mind you).

*EDIT*

Another possible solution to the trigger pin rolling, it's for RS so I'm not 100% on fit but reports from other say that the VFC M4A1 reciever is Prime/ RS spec so I'm hopeful that this is also the case for the 416 :) .

9eb5719deac567bb5e05083ed0700303.jpg

Product link

Edited by IronWolf

* The hop-up adjustment requires the rail system to be removed, not the worst but a bit of a PITA if you're using a RIS mounted front sight to zero the gun (this can be remedied by using a scope/RDS or the folding front sight seen in Somegirls pictures). The hop-up wheel itself is also much more difficult to adjust than the vanilla VFC M4A1 GBBR.

I adjust my hop-up without removing the rail system, using a small, flat screwdriver and lots of care not scratch the paint, through one of the top vents of the rail.

right i found a problem that may affect these GBBR`s

i have nearly used a whole bottle of .25`s and green gas.

the problem i have found is that when the bolt catch locks on to the BCG it is wearing away the ALU where the bolt catch locks on too therefore not making it lock back some times when the magazine is empty.

cheaply made BCG and im hoping someone will bring out a steel BCG for these to eradicate the problem.

other than that the hop is very good and everything else seems to be fine.

if anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask.