The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

right i found a problem that may affect these GBBR`s

i have nearly used a whole bottle of .25`s and green gas.

the problem i have found is that when the bolt catch locks on to the BCG it is wearing away the ALU where the bolt catch locks on too therefore not making it lock back some times when the magazine is empty.

cheaply made BCG and im hoping someone will bring out a steel BCG for these to eradicate the problem.

That's true. The VFC BCG is made from cheap pot metal (hey, new VFC BCG costs $12!).

But You can use any Prime spec BCG from Ra-T, especially the VFC Bolt is compatible with it(or you have to mod the WA spec bolt).

And still this will be under $500 for a nice gun.

Edited by Amadem
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

I bought the RA_TECH prime complete steel bolt with N.P.A.S nozzle set from ehobbyasia for $260, which is about £160, expensive yes, but the steel bolt should be better in the long run. Especially because of the bolt catch chewing up the stupid pot metal bolt that is allready in there.

Yes ofcorse mate, i dont know yet if im going to have to mod the BCG yet but RA_TECH said it should be fine.

Im looking forward to getting rid of the pot metal bolt, piece of ###### lol. Atleast it will be skirmishable aswell.

I hope the FPS can be tamed, I hope RA_TECH are right as ill end up using funds from the KWA MK23 for it =/

Got mine today , The external build quality is fantastic!

Green gas does not bide well with this gun so far.

So far the only issue i have is the mags need a good smack to get into the mag well , The fire selector on the left hand side is missing a grub screw making it supremo wobbly And the last part is the stiffness from safe - Semi =/

Are you having problems using green gas? If so whats happening to it?

Also my fire selector was missing a grub screw aswell, im going to change mine for a standard metal selector when i get the chance as it is not even accurate to the real steal let alone the trades.

You may find after a while the bolt will ware away like mine from the bolt catch and releasing the bolt in the locked back position will be quite hard.

The external quality is good and the accuracy on mine was impressive aswell, As the standard barrel is a 6.02 tightbore you may want to cut it down to help decrease the FPS.

Grease up the selector to loosen if you havnt allready done so :)

If i use green gas straight out of the bottle into the mag it fires the first 2-3 shots then double feeds and vents out the front, I have stuck both my mags into my pockets to warm them up and now it fires perfectly :).

Aye i just googled HK 416 to see about the selector and its just a standard M4 Selector , How hard do you think it would be to attach a standard one?

And i agree with the range note , Straight out the box with no adjustment it out ranges my AEG 416 =/

Im going to see what FPS 134A gives me before cutting anything :P

Edited by gijohn2

Will do , Im going to gas up each mag with different gas and see what FPS i get =/

Another issue im getting is when i pull the charging handle back and release it it gets stuck with about a 1CM gap between the bolt and the port :S

20110228175420.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just a general idea on the FPS on ASG ultra air (Green gas)

Edited by gijohn2

Don't dry fire without the magazine.

I don't know if they have sorted the problem out from factory yet, but on some Asian sites they have shown that the firing pin is too long and dry firing hammers the firing pin into the receiver (on the inside of the receiver that stops the firing pin). Over time the receiver will break on the magwell size and firing pin will pop out.

Solution is to dremel down the firing pin from the hammer size about 3mm.

right, my opinion now is to get rid of the *suitcase* standard BCG and replace it with a steel one.

Just opend up the gun and found that the bolt has cracked where the loading nozzle guide slips in.

looks like a clean crack. why the *fruitcage* VFC has used pot metal i dont know but it sure is *fruitcage* anoying.

lucky i have a steel bolt on the way!

pictures of the crack and the wearing from whe bolt release catch

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

right, my opinion now is to get rid of the *suitcase* standard BCG and replace it with a steel one.

Just opend up the gun and found that the bolt has cracked where the loading nozzle guide slips in.

looks like a clean crack. why the *fruitcage* VFC has used pot metal i dont know but it sure is *fruitcage* anoying.

lucky i have a steel bolt on the way!

Send it back to LW? :P