The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

not eventually mate, i havnt even skirmished this yet!

IronWolf- its a shame as i expected more from this but the only thing that seems to be the problem is the bolt.

As soon as the Prime RA-TECH steel bolt turns up i will let you guys know if its ok.

Its similar but the VFC GBB uses real steal specifications just like Prime does. Im not sure about the internals but i had spoke to jonny from RA-TECH and he said the RA-TECH Prime complete bolt will fit.

He also said it doesnt increase the performance but it will deffinately make it more reliable with the steel bolt.

My other intention is to try a Prime upper receiver with the VFC lower in the future but not yet as i dont have £400 just for the upper receiver i want lol.

In my opinion the VFC HK416 gbb is not going to be reliable as a standard weapon on the airsoft field due to the things that me and IronWolf have come accross with the bolt.

I would recommend going with a RA-TECH steel bolt (if it works and fits)

My bolt should be here soon i will post picture up and maybe do a video if all goes to plan.

• Like 1

I'm looking at replacing it with an Prime allu BCG as I worry about the possibility of sluggishness caused by the heavier steel BCG. No problems with the trigger unit, but I have noticed that part of the bolt catch has become malformed :(

VFC complete BCG costs $25

So there is nothing more to expect.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=VFC-PT-BLT-M4GZN02&search=searchItem&rs=vfc%20gbbr&catid=&cat=

Let us know how the Ra-T's BCG will work.

Will do mate, its still in customs at the moment but not long now.

I was told that VFC did the revisions for their bolt carriers, and my retailer says VFC will do 1 for 1 broken Bolt carrier swap.

Make sure you get the prime dimension steel Bolt Carrier if you get one. WA ones are not compatible.

My BCG hasn't broken yet, neither has the bolt or the bolt plate. I am quite pleased with that actually.

I was told that VFC did the revisions for their bolt carriers, and my retailer says VFC will do 1 for 1 broken Bolt carrier swap.

That's actually a pretty cool thing for them to do. Pitty my WE's work so good ... Might buy a VFC again in the future if the open bolt kits for the WE don't come out soon though.

Make sure you get the prime dimension steel Bolt Carrier if you get one. WA ones are not compatible.

My BCG hasn't broken yet, neither has the bolt or the bolt plate. I am quite pleased with that actually.

Do we just email them directly and they will send us the details about sending one back?

Cheers