The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

Dude just save your pennies and get the RA-TECH prime bolt and NPAS, atleast you will have a reliable bolt and adjustable FPS.

The pennies don't need to be saved i have plenty of money :P, I just want to have my moneys worth with this as it has ###### me off knowing i have to shed around £160 to make it workable but yet that still needs to be tested =/

How much is parcel force charging?

Haha fair enough,

well its being held at the local depot, i have to wait for the *fruitcage* letter to arrive now just to get my reference to pay the damn charge.

Damn! I was going to say if you all ready have it i would lend you the amount just so we can get the ball rolling =/ , Also then i can order the bolt and start selling more airsoft parts to make my money back (All ready sold my P226 to put towards 5 mags from redwolf ) Works out at around £100?

Well hopefully the letter will arrive tomorrow fingers crossed if it does i will pay it straight away then it should be here friday and ill post pictures up as soon as i can.

if your ordering mags i would you mind ordering 1 extra? i can paypal you the cash etc.

Well hopefully the letter will arrive tomorrow fingers crossed if it does i will pay it straight away then it should be here friday and ill post pictures up as soon as i can.

if your ordering mags i would you mind ordering 1 extra? i can paypal you the cash etc.

Well im not sure when i will be ordering the mags yet as it depends on if the steel bolt kit works properly, But yeah i can order a extra one if you are not in a rush

LOL, You do know there are dimensional differences between the WA/Prime bolt and the VFC bolt right? A VFC bolt (not the Bolt carrier) won't work well in a WA system, and a WA bolt won't fit into a VFC receiver.

Though I can say that you CAN mod a WA/Prime bolt onto the VFC but will require some more innovative work to get a VFC bolt onto a WA (doable but I have never tried).

Easier job would be to fit a VFC bolt onto a Prime bolt carrier and forget the NPAS.

:P

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

LOL, You do know there are dimensional differences between the WA/Prime bolt and the VFC bolt right? A VFC bolt (not the Bolt carrier) won't work well in a WA system, and a WA bolt won't fit into a VFC receiver.

Though I can say that you CAN mod a WA/Prime bolt onto the VFC but will require some more innovative work to get a VFC bolt onto a WA (doable but I have never tried).

Easier job would be to fit a VFC bolt onto a Prime bolt carrier and forget the NPAS.

:P

In this case i might as well get a refund on the 416.

Hang on, so the video on youtube of ra-tech installing a WA spec NPAS bolt was just an illusion?

i spoke to jonny from ra-tech and he did say that the complete prime spec BCG with NPAS fits, although there is no performance gain you will still have adjustable FPS and a stonger bolt carrier.

Hang on, so the video on youtube of ra-tech installing a WA spec NPAS bolt was just an illusion?

i spoke to jonny from ra-tech and he did say that the complete prime spec BCG with NPAS fits, although there is no performance gain you will still have adjustable FPS and a stonger bolt carrier.

I assume this is similar right?

received it today.

First things first:

Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.

When i had measured the RA-TECH bolt carrier to the origional VFC bolt carrier it was about 3mm longer so i had to grind that down flush, i also had to do the modification to the bolt itself as explained on the youtube video that RA-TECH showed.

I had to sand the inside of the upper receiver for a smoother action.

There was a few more mods i needed to do to it but its hard to explain. As soon as my brother brings up my camera tonight or tomorrow i will post pictures of the mods i carried out for it to fit.

On a good note it does work now but i havnt got a chrono so i cant do any power tests yet.

Also if you go for a steel bolt carrier i would suggest that you purchase an enhanced recoil spring to make it a bit more snappy.

All i can say is that it is doable and well worth it :)

Pics up soon and i will be happy to help anyone who is going down the same road.

• Like 3

After a little more sanding inside the upper receiver the bolt has become more free so the recoil is fast and snappy :D

All i need to do now is test the power adjustment and make sure thats fine and dandy.

I think now the wholt BCG has been changed this will allow me to use WA, pro win and G&P mags because the loading tab on the RA-TECH bolt is smaller than the standard VFC.

Awesome , I reckon ill see what bolt LWA send me first before i spend my money on this and to see what FPS readings you get when adjusting the NPAS

Also has the gas consumption changed? Better or worse ? And how is it on full auto? :P

So many questions

Awesome , I reckon ill see what bolt LWA send me first before i spend my money on this and to see what FPS readings you get when adjusting the NPAS

Also has the gas consumption changed? Better or worse ? And how is it on full auto? :P

So many questions

gas consumption seems a little better to me and full auto may be a little faster, but as johnny from ra-tech said there wasnt much of an increase in performance but the power does seem to be lower when i did the coke can test :P

ROF does not really bother me as i tend to use semi all the time , I reckon ill be getting one of these at the end of the month depending on what bolt LWA send me =/

The extra mags will have to wait as i don't fancy touching my savings for airsoft again =/

I do contradict my self abit of often -.-

Edited by gijohn2
  • Like 1

I have to admit it has taken a bit of elbow grease to get this to fit and work properly. I also had to cut down the gas tube that was in the receiver to allow the bolt carrier to sit in the receiver properly.

If your going to fit one prepare yourself for some hard work lol.

Yeah get some wet and dry dont get anything to rough though my upper receiver is really smoth inside now and i have finished modifying the bolt carrier, theres not allot to it but when you dont know where to start it takes a while lol.

Im just waiting for my other laptop to be brought back from my brothers tomorrow got my camera and i have taken pictures but i need the other laptop to upload them lol.

I will deffinately recomend the steel bolt carrier to anyone though if you are going to do this, otherwise the steel bolt catch plate will chew up the aluminium bolt carrier.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1