The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

LOL, You do know there are dimensional differences between the WA/Prime bolt and the VFC bolt right? A VFC bolt (not the Bolt carrier) won't work well in a WA system, and a WA bolt won't fit into a VFC receiver.

Though I can say that you CAN mod a WA/Prime bolt onto the VFC but will require some more innovative work to get a VFC bolt onto a WA (doable but I have never tried).

Easier job would be to fit a VFC bolt onto a Prime bolt carrier and forget the NPAS.

:P

RA-TECH PRIME complete bolt with NPAS installed and fully working :P

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

DSC02856-1.jpg

MOD 1 - as on RA-TECHS youtube video.

DSC02834.jpg

MOD 2 - grind down the edge of the bolt by about 1.5mm, aslo grind the base so the hammer isnt put under to much stress.

DSC02835.jpg

mod 3 - round of the circled part so the hammer doesnt get damaged. also creates a much smoother action.

mod 4 - grind down to match the VFC bolt and give the hammer enough room to fire.

DSC02830.jpg

mod 5 - grind down the back of the bolt carrier to match the length of the VFC bolt carrier so it can sit in the receiver properly

DSC02833.jpg

i also sanded the inside of the upper receiver with some wet and dry sandpaper to give the new bolt carrier enough room to move freely but it now sits in much better than the origional VFC bolt carrier with no rattles.

DSC02861.jpg

DSC02857.jpg

as you can also see i have cut down the gas tube so the bolt carrier can sit inside properly.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got the Mk18 mod 1 and the problems with that gun are the same as the problems you guys are experiencing with the 416.

I've broken 2 bolt carriers (same spot) Along with those breaks is the nozzle guide breaking in half.

The finish isn't so great either. There is a gap between the upper and lower receiver near where the buffer tube is and that has caused my upper receiver to crack.

Furthermore, the trigger mechanism won't last long and will soon stop shooting in semi-automatic.

I am so frustrated with this rifle and VFC is not responding to my e-mails.

Pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150246182808270.340153.538488269

I've broken 2 bolt carriers (same spot) Along with those breaks is the nozzle guide breaking in half.

GBBRs from VFC have the same problem as Magna(WA/WOC).

Changing for steel BCG is have to.

You can adapt BCG from WA f.e. cheap steel Prime clone made by Element (~$50).

I'm using Element BCG with VFC Bolt(nozzle) and it works fine.

EL-WP-EX100S-AG-2.jpg

The finish isn't so great either. There is a gap between the upper and lower receiver near where the buffer tube is and that has caused my upper receiver to crack.

Order new one from VFC - VFCs Uppers are extra cheap and sometimes that can happened (dunno why but often saw broken MK18 Receivers than cheaper M4 ones).

To neutralize wobble use Magic Pins from Ra-Tech.

rag_we003.jpg

Furthermore, the trigger mechanism won't last long and will soon stop shooting in semi-automatic.

You can order all-steel internals from VFC.

They're cheap and air mail shipping is for free.

BTW. How much bbs you fired with this gun?

Edited by Amadem
  • 2 weeks later...

The MK18 mod 1 comes with a steel trigger set among other steel internal bits. This part gave out roughly around the 1500 round mark, first by firing tri-burst on semi and then just utterly failing.

I fired maybe about 2000 rounds through the gun to date. The first bolt carrier broke just under 1000 rounds and the second one lasted just a bit longer.

I'm going to fix up all the issues with the gun and then probably sell it after putting the furniture on my new KJW and turning it into a mod 0.

Good things I can say about the gun are that the bolt-stop mechanism hasn't failed, the hop is nice and accurate, and the magazines haven't leaked.

Edited by freon
  • 2 weeks later...

Nah my order was split into two packages, the bolt being in the second package which is yet to arrive.

I did receive some standard grey VFC M4 mags, only to find that they will not lock into place on my 416, which is very disappointing after I went to the effort of getting assurances from VFC that they are compatible :(.

The only difference that I can see between the black mag that came with the gun and the one's that I've ordered (apart from the colour) is in the moulding of the plastic mag cap.

I bought it from Janet at VFC, the bolt has gotten a fair bit of use so far and no sign of anthing but aesthetic wear yet.

While something like 6061 ally would be nice, providing that the bolt maintains function I'm not too concerened about the material compositon considering the price (35 USD with shipping direct from VFC).

I bought it from Janet at VFC, the bolt has gotten a fair bit of use so far and no sign of anthing but aesthetic wear yet.

While something like 6061 ally would be nice, providing that the bolt maintains function I'm not too concerened about the material compositon considering the price (35 USD with shipping direct from VFC).

Plans are in the works to refurbish my Mk18, please let me know how this bolt continues to perform.