The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

The design of the magazine has been refined over time (specifically the size of the rubber gas route packing and the plastic magazine cap used to hold it in place). That said, the changes do not alter their compatibility so you will be able to use both old and new type mags with the VFC 416 GBBR (whether old or new).

Regardless, the two magazine you've linked to differ only by colour (and price :P ), they're both the latest version.

Edited by IronWolf
  • 1 month later...

I'm wonder if the upper from this VFC will drop into a WAM4 lower? Has anyone tried?

I'm thinking about a VFC/Iron Airsoft hybrid. The upper and bits and pieces from the VFC are a bit more authentic and up to date, but the Iron Airsoft is plain jane WAM4 and hence has potential skirmishability.

Before any of that, does anyone have any tips on importing this to the US with trades intact?

Edited by slu
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

No updates on this in awhille eh? Really curious about the new 416c model.

MCXL

FYI - I have the M27 IAR from UMAREX/VFC, BOLT is a problem and I just order a replacement set.  It was from a shop in Taiwan that VFC customer support asked me to reach out to.  I emailed back and forth with young lady by the name of Jessica and after 3 weeks, I finally received the parts, $35USD for complete VFC origial BCG with re-inforced "PIN".  I have a full update in the M27 IAR thread, see the latest posting...  :)

Bottom line, IF you decided to get the VFC GBBR HK416 (ANY model) a small $35USD in an extra replacement bolt should automatically be added, IMHO.  Fair (NO!, but what else are you going to do?

I'm wonder if the upper from this VFC will drop into a WAM4 lower? Has anyone tried?

I'm thinking about a VFC/Iron Airsoft hybrid. The upper and bits and pieces from the VFC are a bit more authentic and up to date, but the Iron Airsoft is plain jane WAM4 and hence has potential skirmishability. ?

No you cannot.

I love the externals of vfc gbbs, if only they added  some decient steel bits for the internals, they would rule the market.

Hi Icolatwe,

I *LOVE* the externals of my M27 and I agree with you VFC does a gorgeous JOB of getting it done *RIGHT*, however, the only issue I've had with my gun has been the bolt.  While most people hear would argue that you shouldn't need to purchase an extra bolt just to get your gun to work and that it should work right out of the door.

I'll argue that for $35USD, it's not really much of an issue...  :)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I recently got a 2012 version of 416.  I like to express my impression about vfc 416 after spenting 4000 BBs.

Luckily, I don't have any issue with the BCG yet. (Plz, note that I used 134a insteed of the propane due to a power limit-under 300 fps- in Korea.)  I think the vfc have made a great improvement regarding faulty layout and pot metal internals exept a steel bolt catch.

However, you can achieve better performance and durability by altering your habit and some cheap part.

First of all,  never push the bot catch when reloading a new mag becaue a steel bolt stop tear down BCG slowly.  Just use the charging handle which will keep your zinc ally lower part of BCG longer. 

Second,  never fire without a mag.  Dryfiring will break the lower reciever and a firing pin returing spring( this spring is always a problem because of coarse quality.)

Last, change a loading nozzle returing spring with a better and stronger one.  This beacause the weak original spring causes bad bb loading due to not enough retreat to the point of new bb in the mag.

P.S:  Pot metal BCG eventually will be teared down some day even though changing your loading habit, but today.  Get a new one, it is cheap regarding fancy, pricy aftermarket brands.

• 1 month later...

If you dry fire without a mag on a VFC M4, the firing pin will be hammered against the inside of the lower receiver (where it houses the firing pin), resulting in the lower receiver breaking and firing pin falling out.

The fix is to shorten the firing pin from the hammer end, by about 3mm.  The other solution is to dry fire only when you put you finger on the firing pin, preventing the firing pin to impact too hard against the lower receiver.

Unfortunately, over shortening will result in decrease in power and sporatic full auto performance.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

If you dry fire without a mag on a VFC M4, the firing pin will be hammered against the inside of the lower receiver (where it houses the firing pin), resulting in the lower receiver breaking and firing pin falling out.

The fix is to shorten the firing pin from the hammer end, by about 3mm.  The other solution is to dry fire only when you put you finger on the firing pin, preventing the firing pin to impact too hard against the lower receiver.

Unfortunately, over shortening will result in decrease in power and sporatic full auto performance.

Hmm, I will check the protrustion with and without a mag.

• 7 months later...