The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

For anyone interested, you can quite easily make beta project emags fit/work by cutting down the release valve, removing the fake feed lips and shortening the release valve lock. :)

how about the GHK mags have you tried to modify it? That thing is cheaper here in Philippines and have better resistance to cooldown.

Soo, i am thinking about buying the VFC Hk416 GBB and some co2 mags and just shorten the gas pin, to make it fit. But do anyone know when the GHK ver2 Co2 mag will get released? is there anyone here from this forum, tried co2 catriges on co2magazine for the VFC?

How does other co2 guns opereate with co2? is that all steal internals?

Edited by Norsk22771

So, as someone who hasn't been into airsoft since six years ago and is completely new to gas blowback rifles, would it be more trouble than it's worth to buy one of these? I dismissed them when I saw the initial review with the awful trademarks, but it appears that the newer ones have 100% accurate ones, and now I'm really interested.

I'd be buying the gun as both a collector's piece and as an occasional indoor skirmisher.

If you got the new model with the latest V3 nozzle and reinforced bcg, you'd be good. But beware because some shop might still sell the pre-2012 version and it will run you some problems just like what I had.

Thanks. I'll try to do some more research on the gun and see if I can find a retailer selling the latest version with the new nozzle, BCG, and accurate trademarks. I guess the worst case scenario is I sell it and take a hundred buck loss if it still becomes too much of hassle, I can live with that.

Edited by DWells55

Thanks. I'll try to do some more research on the gun and see if I can find a retailer selling the latest version with the new nozzle, BCG, and accurate trademarks. I guess the worst case scenario is I sell it and take a hundred buck loss if it still becomes too much of hassle, I can live with that.

The pre-2012 and latest version(get te asia edition) has already the correct trademarks. Get also the BCG with steel insert(latest edition) and the latest V3 nozzle coz I belive thy the stock doesn't have this pre installed even the even the latest edition. Consider also the steel OEM FCG will cost you 22 bucks + shipping. Dont buy the steel azimuth hammer, it will not fully actuate the firing pin coz it has no notch as found on the OEM hammers. You'll be good with that set up.

360 for the gun

22 for the OEM steel hammer & disconnector

17 for the latest V3 nozzle

22 for the latest BCG

16 for the steel trigger(not sure with the price coz i still use the pot metal one)

Hope it helped you out dude. Cheers

Edited by biMMer25

You've been super helpful, thanks! Now I just need to find a retailer to ship this to the US.

EDIT: Has anyone tested FPS with the stock full barrel length and .25g? I see the OP got around 360FPS with a .25g and a hacksawed 10.5" barrel. In theory the full length barrel would be a bit lower, but I'm thinking I may have trouble with the local field's .25g/350FPS limit.

Edited by DWells55

You've been super helpful, thanks! Now I just need to find a retailer to ship this to the US.

EDIT: Has anyone tested FPS with the stock full barrel length and .25g? I see the OP got around 360FPS with a .25g and a hacksawed 10.5" barrel. In theory the full length barrel would be a bit lower, but I'm thinking I may have trouble with the local field's .25g/350FPS limit.

The longer the barrel in a GBBR, the higher the FPS - It gives the gas more time to expand behind the BB and thereby accelerate it. Anyhow, there are plenty of ways to lower the FPS - Look up NugentGL's channel on Youtube, or just search for 'Lowering FPS in VFC M4/HK416'. It's usually a case of adding a washer or two inside the body of the nozzle or thickening the flute valve or something similar. I'm not a VFC owner, but I've used mods designed for the VFC to lower the FPS on my WA system GBBR's and they're all pretty simple. Hopefully an owner will chime in with the specific mod that works best for VFC's system.

Here is the link to that. nugengl has plenty of videos for the VFC platform and is a great help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30g2_dxk1A

You can also purchase a Azimuth reduced flow valve bulb to reduce your FPS but if you want it cheaper with few mods, you should do what was n the video.

For your FPS question,iv'e chronoed mine ago in stock form at .2g BB green gas around 29 deg C clocks around 430-440 fps. When i changed the inner barrel to EdGI 6.00 it clocks around 490-510 fps WTF. I might grab a 10.5" barrel and remove the outer barrel extension to reduce the FPS and it looks sexier IMO.

Here is the link to that. nugengl has plenty of videos for the VFC platform and is a great help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30g2_dxk1A

You can also purchase a Azimuth reduced flow valve bulb to reduce your FPS but if you want it cheaper with few mods, you should do what was n the video.

For your FPS question,iv'e chronoed mine ago in stock form at .2g BB green gas around 29 deg C clocks around 430-440 fps. When i changed the inner barrel to EdGI 6.00 it clocks around 490-510 fps WTF. I might grab a 10.5" barrel and remove the outer barrel extension to reduce the FPS and it looks sexier IMO.

Yep. Mine is still 450fps with a 10"

Though the VFC's FPS is also very dependent on hop unit and hop rubber.  On the old style VFC M4 hop ups they like the madbull blue rubbers as they give high and consistent FPS (not with other rubbers though), but I am unsure about the newer hop units which rubbers they like best.

Yep. Mine is still 450fps with a 10"

Though the VFC's FPS is also very dependent on hop unit and hop rubber.  On the old style VFC M4 hop ups they like the madbull blue rubbers as they give high and consistent FPS (not with other rubbers though), but I am unsure about the newer hop units which rubbers they like best.

450 with 10" barrel? WTF. what is the temperature dude?

16-18*C w/madbull black python barrel.  Finding the right hop rubber will generate more consistent FPS and higher power output.

It also uses a AABB anti-bounce recoil buffer after I had the RS one installed.  The RS one was too heavy so it affected cold weather performance.  The gun works well between 8*C and 30*C

I have a magnifier set up on mine, its pretty good out to 60m, hits out to 80m to a few much surprised friends of mine on the receiving end.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Wow cool range dude. But 450fps still too high. Maybe you could try what nugengl did on his unit or install the azimuth reduced flow valve. But if 450fps not an issue in your game site, you should be fine. I didn't yet tested mine for the effective range since I have a limited field size but all I can say it can hit headshot within 40m-50m. I'm using the A+ rubber and EdGI inner barrel.

I usually run my own games on properties I have access to, so I define the game style, FPS, and ammunition used.  There is no need to drop the FPS on my M4.

If you have the right people around with the right attitude, you can skirmish at as high FPS as you want, and risk of injury can be very low.  However in a more conventional gaming setup, injuries and gripes about FPS are inevitable as there are always some one who will blind fire a hicapped AEG around a bush, or misinterprete a bang kill rule, etc etc.

Anyways, back to the M4, if you need to drop the FPS a short barrel may not be enough.  However a low flow flute valve may be the key. (don't use an NPAS as they are inconsistent).

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I usually run my own games on properties I have access to, so I define the game style, FPS, and ammunition used.  There is no need to drop the FPS on my M4.

If you have the right people around with the right attitude, you can skirmish at as high FPS as you want, and risk of injury can be very low.  However in a more conventional gaming setup, injuries and gripes about FPS are inevitable as there are always some one who will blind fire a hicapped AEG around a bush, or misinterprete a bang kill rule, etc etc.

Anyways, back to the M4, if you need to drop the FPS a short barrel may not be enough.  However a low flow flute valve may be the key. (don't use an NPAS as they are inconsistent).

Yup, as have been reported by others the NPAS sucks while the low flow flute valve was  consistent. I'm still awaiting for my local supplier to have the azimuth valve on-stock. But now, i'm still tinkering my rifle cause theres another annoying thing that came up with it.

this is the problem I am encountering now. I know that I still have the Old nozzle design but IMO, even when the latest nozzle installed, this issue will still occur.

image_zpsd7cbec92.jpg

Never had this issue before. The nozzle was stuck at the hop up chamber and need to give a force to retrack it with the bolt carrier. The problem is when the cooldown is around (about 20 shots fired) the rifle will not have sufficient power to pull back the nozzle to load the next BB. only the BCG will retrack back.

But without the magazine, the bolt and nozzle will run smooth. So i think it's a magazine problem. There's really a resistance when pulling the bolt.

Anyway, never had enough time to tinker with it yet as i'm very busy in my work.

With the stock barrel cut to 400mm and the stock BCG, my gun shot 460 FPS.  Managed to get it down to 400 FPS with the regular Azimuth aluminum flute valve and a KWA jet nozzle spring cut in half.  

Bimmer, check if the the nozzle slides freely out of the barrel extension.  I had to file my barrel extension a bit to get the nozzle to slide freely, after that the ROF increased by 1 or 2.

• Like 1

I dunno if this is relevant but I noticed the 1st Gen M4s were compatible with the 2nd Gen nozzles but not the 3rd gen nozzles.  There was a lower output with the 3rd gen nozzles and BCG and there was a tendency for the nozzle to get stuck.

I dunno how much this applies to the 416.