The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

so a new V3 nozzle arrived today, haven't fitted it yet as I'm still pondering as to which BCG to get, the VFC "reinforced" or the Z-Parts? 

After having a closer look, the mags seem to be causing the nozzle to stick, as if the lips are to high? but I can't tighten the top of the mags any more, (I don't want to break them).. Same as you biMMer. On the plus side, i managed 2 shots before being empty, the bolt locked back successfully, yet the nozzle remained engaged, ish..

Incidentally, it's probably due to the previous owner, but why is it the base plates for my mags won't even reveal the fill valve?!  just remove them and get some magpuls.. the shells themselves looks worn.. 

Yep same as mine the mags sit to high. try to file some portion of the barrel extension, maybe it could fix the problem. I haven't tested that yet on mine since i'm very busy on work and have no gas.

As nugentgl suggested, if you get the z-parts you should also replace the buffer spring by about 150% to have a nice ROF.

Sitting high can be a good thing so long as the return to battery closes the bolt.

It ensures a good seal between blowback unit and the magazine.

I am having the opposite problem where the mag is sitting too low on a V1 M4 receiver and a V3 nozzle/bolt set.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Sounds odd.

There are two things which would push the bolt down. One is the piece of metal that pulls the bolt back during the firing cycle. The other is the feed ramp.

Can you take pictures of your bolt and BCG and push your bolt head upwards while taking a picture from the side of the gas port?

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Just an update. I just handled my 416 again, it was unused about a week or 2 since i'm busy at work.

For the mag height issue, I've fix mine, hopefuly the issue wont come back. What I did was file some part of atleast the three teeth (upper part) of the barrel extension as what suggested by nugentgl. It's because the nozzle was pushed upward a bit when the mag was inserted, then the nozzle hood will tightly touch the upper part of the barrel extension.

Also, its funny that my KJW P226 pistol is louder and has more snappy sound than my 416. I liked loud guns since it has an intimidation factor on field hehe

Ah that's good mate! Means I can sort mine out next week and install it's new parts!

You got any pictures of where you filed exactly? Anything specific used?

I have to say, in terms of a GBBR, this is pretty quiet. A friend of mine doesn't like my EBR as he's always nearby when I fire it, terrifies him ;D

Just buyed the VFC HK416 GBB from UNCompany, and buyed the lastest version 2013 loading nozzle and reinforced Bolt carrier. But i am wondering how the mags performence in 10degrea celcius is? do it last the full mag on full auto? I noticed at wgcshop, they had bundle price for VFC M4 GBB mags for 36.50 dollar (6 Magazines)

• Like 1

Just buyed the VFC HK416 GBB from UNCompany, and buyed the lastest version 2013 loading nozzle and reinforced Bolt carrier. But i am wondering how the mags performence in 10degrea celcius is? do it last the full mag on full auto? I noticed at wgcshop, they had bundle price for VFC M4 GBB mags for 36.50 dollar (6 Magazines)

It should perform just fine.

woah woah woah, 6 mags for $37?! 

That can't be correct about the magazines, they charge $42.50 for a single magazine at the moment!