The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

Just finished filing some part of the GHK mag to fit into the 416 receiver and now I got a prob. I just realized that I dont have a valve remover tool and cant find a stock on my local shops. Damn it coz i'm too excited to make this work. Also I dont have a machine to use to shorten the mag output valve, i only have sand paper and will also take years to sand the steel output valve to the desired length hehehe.

Anyway, i'll update you guys on the progress.

Just finished filing some part of the GHK mag to fit into the 416 receiver and now I got a prob. I just realized that I dont have a valve remover tool and cant find a stock on my local shops. Damn it coz i'm too excited to make this work. Also I dont have a machine to use to shorten the mag output valve, i only have sand paper and will also take years to sand the steel output valve to the desired length hehehe.

Anyway, i'll update you guys on the progress.

Do you have a drill? if you have i have a idea: If you have anything you can stick the sand paper too, like a big screw and some round wood, you can stick the sand paper to the wood. Example here: http://www.desiredcreations.com/howTo_TLDremelMod.htm

Edited by Norsk22771

Just an initial update with my mod guys. Done with fitting the GHK G5 mag onto the HK416 receiver. I'm still unable to shorten the mag output valve coz I dont have yet a valve remover tool. Anyway, here are photos of my on-going G5 mag mod.

Need to file the portion on the box for it to lock into the 416 receiver.

GHKMAG1_zps7fe15059.jpg

As you can see.

GHKMAG2_zps8bad1513.jpg

And here is a proof that it does fit after the mod. Nevermind the lack of trigger guard :D . I cant remove the stock TG on my old 416 lower receiver.

IMG_1919_zps3d7866e8.jpg

The G5 mag also actuates the bolt catch when mag is empty. I'm pretty sure that this mod will work after I shortened the output valve to the desired length. The only downside for the G5 mag is that it was pain in the butt to load it with BBs. At 15 more or less BBs loaded, you need to have an extra tumb and point finger, spring is really stiff much stiffer than the VFC OEM mags.

So that's it for now guys. I'll be updating you again for any progress. I'll also upload shooting video when done.

so I've got the reinforced BCG on the way, and I'm replacing some internal parts with some steel parts I'm not sure if the stock internals are steel or not but I figure they came with the gun when I bought I might as well fit em before I skirmish it. 

externally wise, I just need tan optic and a tan stock and its done, now, it's already got a black 553 eotech clone, but i don't like it, much prefer dots, I'm edging towards a T1 mini, but not sure if I fancy an ACOG or Spectre, we'll see, I'd prefer to leave the irons on the gun too, looks better IMO. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, first sorry for the very late update on my magazine mod.

To tell you, it does work! Defenitely worth it. Excelent cooldown resistance.

Other items i have is the azimuth reduce flow valve.i dont have the values yet coz i dont have a chrono.

So cheers guys.

biMMer25 - shorten the firing pin instead of the valve as that way you can still use your mags with a G5 or GHK M4 or WA spec gun.  Plus, the firing pin is much cheaper to buy than valves for IF you file too much off...

Hello guys, first sorry for the very late update on my magazine mod.

To tell you, it does work! Defenitely worth it. Excelent cooldown resistance.

Other items i have is the azimuth reduce flow valve.i dont have the values yet coz i dont have a chrono.

So cheers guys.

nice to know bud, have you upgraded to the Z-Parts BCG yet?

biMMer25 - shorten the firing pin instead of the valve as that way you can still use your mags with a G5 or GHK M4 or WA spec gun.  Plus, the firing pin is much cheaper to buy than valves for IF you file too much off...

Well i decided that the release valve of g5 mag will be shortened coz I dont have a G5 :D  and so that I can still use my OEM VFC mags.

But shortening the firing pin instead should be more ideal if only I have WA/GHK guns lying around.

• Like 1

nice to know bud, have you upgraded to the Z-Parts BCG yet?

nope coz I dont have budget yet :(. plus the OEM BCG still alive and kicking. I have 2 of them.

but i plan that the money i'll save from getting the z-parts bcg will be use to fund an MP5 or WE M4 or G36  :D

nearly finished my 416 externally, just want to change the stock and I think thats it. going to change the hop and inner barrel, any recommendations?

attachicon.gifMoar HK416.jpgattachicon.gifHK416.jpg

Try the VSR Mod on the hop-unit :) .

It's good that you post a photo of your unit and now I have an idea how to mount that PEQ with switch when using an AFG  :D

Magpul CTR Stock looks good on 416, i'm also thinking to change mine.

For the optic, I sold my T1 Micro and will try an ACOG with Doctor sight.

Edited by biMMer25

I just notice that my OLD Bolt carrier (without the steel insert where the bolt catch will engage and without nozzle installed) is noticeably heavier than my new OEM bolt carrier complete with nozzle. My old BCG recoils harder due to weight but I dont know yet the efficiency of the lighter one. This is not an issue but hmmm worth mentioning  :D .

When I also installed the steel hammer by VFC, the selector switch now wont go to safe when the hammer not cocked same with standard M4s. Not realistic in terms of 416's, not a big deal tough but worth mentioning again IMO  :D

And here's a maybe big deal. Everytime I install the firing pin locker, the Firing pin wont hit the mag valve but instead will hit the ledge of the lower receiver where the firing pin moves back & fort. This is my issue since I acquired my unit (mine is second hand). But when I removed the firing pin locker, it works just fine. Can't figure out how to fix it. IMO, without the firing pin locker, when firing the mag valve opens longer since there is no mechanism to lock back the firing pin, thus gas efficiency is affected. I could be right with my theory or maybe i'm just hallucinating  :P . Well at least my unit is skirmish worthy :D

I'd imagine efficiency would be better with the newer bolt, but you never know :P

With the firing pin locker I'd have a gander through the net, I haven't encountered that problem yet, but I think I replaced mine, I can't remember :P gas efficiency could in theory be affected like you say, but then maybe you are hallucinating :P

So I just skirmish mine today. It clocks around 370-380 fps using the azimuth glow valve.

What surprises me is that all my mags run pretty amazing even the OEM, almost no noticeable cooldown but the GHK Mag is just a hell of a mag, very efficient and can empty a 40rnd with ease.

But after 2 games, unit start to Jam. A realy annoying jam which makes my 416 useless under firefight. I tried to use different BB's but still jams as hell. Maybe i'll reinstall my stock barrel and maybe the hop rubber need to be replaced.

afternoon gents...just got my first HK416 GBB today & i'm a little deflated  :(

first of all my mag that came with it wont lock in, i have 3 other VFC grey ones and they work fine so its pretty strange.

Secondly the internals seem pretty cheap overall (i kind of expected to do some upgrades at some point but not this quick). 

also the fire selector switch is really cheap plastic and its not smooth one bit, almost difficult to switch between safe n semi but almost falls to auto by itself. i looked on WGC for metal ones but they don't list them. 

any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

cheers

Lexx

afternoon gents...just got my first HK416 GBB today & i'm a little deflated  :(

first of all my mag that came with it wont lock in, i have 3 other VFC grey ones and they work fine so its pretty strange.

Secondly the internals seem pretty cheap overall (i kind of expected to do some upgrades at some point but not this quick). 

also the fire selector switch is really cheap plastic and its not smooth one bit, almost difficult to switch between safe n semi but almost falls to auto by itself. i looked on WGC for metal ones but they don't list them. 

any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

cheers

Lexx

I think WGC do list VFC fire selectors for one side of receiver, but I'm not sure about the ambidextrous ones, in terms of your mags, I'm not sure, I've had a problem with a leaky one which doesn't want to plug at all and pretty pants base plates, but all lock in fine.

Edit: Crusader Ambidextrous Selector :) though it's currently out of stock. http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=CR-VF21-0001&search=category&rs=GBB%20-%20Selector&catid=80&cat=542&view_choice=a

Edited by ProfHappyCat