The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

From what I previously saw, the hop chamber & rubber of the v.2014 is the same with the 2012/2014 version. Actually I like the hop unit, it's effective except for the stock hop rubber which sucks. Need to be replaced with A+ rubber or do the VSR Mod.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

I'll do the VSR-mod on it, that will be the 3rd thing which I'll do. I was hoping that VFC has enough brain to change the hopup system to VSR-compatible.

They can do the HK417 with VSR-system...

Yesterday I ordered one 2014 model which is shipped today. I can't wait to arrive.  :nosleep:

Yeah I use a madbull AEG rubbers on the VFC M4s I work on.

- The old plastic hop units had 2 versions, one was better suited for standard AEG rubbers than the other

- The 2012 metal hop unit one seems fine, but still it works with some bolts and not the other.

--> Either case the hop up is still inconsistent, though less so than the VFC rubber.  Down side with AEG rubber is inability to work with heavy oils and heavy rain.  On a number of VFC M4s modded with standard  AEG rubber the hop up refuses to work after around 5 mags as the hop rubber gets oily from the lubricants in the gas. 

Hence, the VSR hop mod is currently the best option, only if the VSR mod is done right.  If you do a straight cut you need to glue in a retainer around the exposed/floating hop rubber otherwise there will be no seal and there will be a lot of hop up and fps inconsistencies.  If you do a bore out of the original muzzle end, then the original metal/plastic becomes the retainer and it will be fine.

I have yet to have hop or jamming issues without covering exposed bucking and I run my VFC's and Vipertech's hard.  However, it can't hurt to add a section of 10mm or .40S&W casing to reinforce the bucking...

Everything fitted this afternoon. Haven't checked the consistency of the NPAS yet as I'm waiting for a new chrono.

All I can say is, the nozzle is a pain to fit. The spring doesn't like to fit through the hole in the bolt to be fastened by the E-clip. There's a chunky o ring on it which I replaced with the stock nozzle's, it's still works and cycles, but the clip isnt exactly secure, ill go back to it in the morning and refit it if needed.

I think the nozzle itself is also causing the bolt to protrude ever so slightly into the buffer tube, so it prevents access to the fcg unless both take down pins are removed. But this could also be from the VSR mod itself, as I said. I need to go back and look in the morning.

I had the same problem with the e-clip...it is NOT easy to get clipped on.  IIRC, the main problem I had with the RAT NPAS as that the valve inside the nozzle kept turning sideways causing massive FPS issues.  I would fix it and it would have happen within 15 rounds, that was the last time I used a RAT part...

• 5 weeks later...

So I took my 416 out today, and it runs like a dream, hop is still bedding in but running .3s through it it has brilliant accuracy, distance/range wise I could hazard a guess as to how far, but enough for me to feel happy. think I must've put about 15-20 mags through, but honestly I've no idea..

In terms of FPS it was chronoing at 310 FPS on a .2, i have removed the NPAS nozzle and installed the Azimuth valve, NPAS lasted about a mag and a bit while zeroing my short dot.. otherwise, I LOVE IT

That's good. Mine shooting 330fps using the Azimuth valve. So the RA Tech broke just a few shots and there goes your money! holy , good thing i hold back getting those.

In terms of Accuracy, I still hadn't final fix it, sometimes it shoots left or right, sometimes overhop or underhop but can't complain more.

Installed a realsteel buffer and recoils like crazy, so much fun.

I screwed my latest bolt carrier, the nozzle guide screw was loose threaded due to over tightening. So I use my old stock BCG but it's nearing to break at the area where it has contact with the bolt catch.

Have you tried the GHK mag? so efficient and best resistant to cooldown. The stock mag is performing great though

Mine is the same with Azimuth valve. I started to test mine with powerup silencer to do a bit powerful gun to woodland. There is a lot problems with the nozzle guide. Just use a bit screw locker or locktite to fix it - just use a very few. Point is to be easy to break the glue when you want to disassembly your BCG.

I think RA-Tech valve's is really unstable and easy to break.

I made a shooting video with the stock magazine and GHK G5 to compare them - on my own language.

The VFC magazine was used on much better temperature but work much worst then GHK G5.

Edited by Batmause

Yup, bit of a waste really, but hey ho, gotta try it anyways.

Mine is the same as yours, I get the ocassional flyer, probably since it has bedded yet.

I haven't tried GHK mags yet, but i probably won't, i'm currently running 7 VFC mags, I got 4 for an absolute bargain, but I probably won't get anymore. But I had no issues at all with them, I crawled through nettles, brambles and thorns yesterday, cutting my arms a fair bit, got a teeny bit of blood on a mag yet it still fed, can't complain.. Needless to say it's clean now!

I have a GHK PDW too so I don't want to spend money to buy magazines again. When I made my decision to buy a VFC HK416 then I read really bad reviews about VFC's magazine. When I got my gun then I check my gun and magazine - it's not a good design I think. I read that it much better to buy G&P PMAGs if you won't modificate your gun to use WA-system magazines. One replacement fire pin is around 6-8 bucks so it's not to much for a short try.

Edited by Batmause

What about cooldown effect? I have bad experiences with the stock magazine compared to GHK's magazine. Anybody tried to compare them?

I saw a few video about G&P's PMag and it was really likable but more expensive than GHK's magazines.

The latest magazine seems to be good but it isn't released yet. :(

Edited by Batmause

GHK mag efficiency is better than VFC mags. Tested using semi 86 shots(GHK) vs 77 shots(VFC). though 9 shots difference, cooldown resistance for GHK is better than the VFC. Can mag dump a whole mag using FA without cooldown. For VFC using FA mag dump, cooldown occurs around 20 shots but can still lock back the BCG. Temperature is typical Philippine temp around 27 deg C.

What I like for the VFC mags compared with GHK was the weight around +/-300gm vs +-500gm