The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

I've got an opportunity to pick one of these up with 3-4 mags for around £200.. now before I do, there's some things I need clearing up, firstly, I'm gunna ask for pictures of the BCG to see if its developed the infamous cracks,  reading this thread solutions to this are to get to get the prime BCG and mod to fit, I don't have access to machinery so that's not a helpful aid, secondly, quoted from the ad "3 or 4 mags use the bolt locks back past the actual lock back catch and i dont now why . But by pressing down on the bolt it goes forward again" and by message "the buffer pin it might be sticking out to much and that is what causes the bolt to jam back", now, I know its a smashing deal since it's a GBBR plus mags n' all, but it's still money wasted if the BCG is naff.. any advice guys?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

For the price, it's a good deal man. For the BCG, you can always pick a re-inforced bolt carrier about 35USD. But if you want a steel bcg, go with the z-part designed for the VFC HK416 gbbr no need for modification like the prime BCG. Also if you purchase the z-part, make sure you also purchase the loading nozzle guide.

Mine bought 2nd hand. But it ain't working now since december 2013. I just recently noticed that it was the old design maybe early 2011 version (the firing pin has sharp edges on the front end and the cut was not straight). The firing pin is eating the ledge of the lower receiver about 1-2mm has been scraped out causing the firing pin hitting the lower receiver ledge not the mag output valve.

I replaced the hammer with the Azimuth, bought new firing pin and still wont work. Damn it! A lower receiver replacement maybe the solution.

I also planned to sell this but it's a damn nice looking piece of *suitcase* so I just decided to fix it when have the $$$.

Another sad thing here in Philippines was the cost of airsoft gun, replacement part and accessories. Like the VFC firing pin it just cost 10.5USD but here in PH its about 20USD wtf. :angry22:

For the external quality of WE compared to VFC, VFC is way way ahead.

I hope that yours will run perfectly like nugengl has. :)

Ouch. That's just harsh!

Well this WE one looked nice, felt nice, but the chap who owes it used it for a game and the nozzle ate itself. Not sure how old it is, but it was a shame. Aha I can't wait! Thank you, I'll see if it's functioning once i have it, and keep you posted as to whether it'll need tinkering/BCG replaced.

So my 416 arrived today, all I can say is, it's gorgeous. No signs of cracks on the BCG, not sure if its steel as I haven't attacked it with a magnet yet, but it also had spare parts such as a steel trigger, disconnecter and firing pin locker. it's issue which I think the previous owner was attempting to describe is the nozzle. it's really stiff, once pulled out (wahey) it doesn't retract, when i fired it, the bolt locked back but the nozzle remain engaged as if to fire again, not sure what's causing it, or as to whether or not you guys know how to solve it? I'll upload some pictures later when I fondle it again. 

So my 416 arrived today, all I can say is, it's gorgeous. No signs of cracks on the BCG, not sure if its steel as I haven't attacked it with a magnet yet, but it also had spare parts such as a steel trigger, disconnecter and firing pin locker. it's issue which I think the previous owner was attempting to describe is the nozzle. it's really stiff, once pulled out (wahey) it doesn't retract, when i fired it, the bolt locked back but the nozzle remain engaged as if to fire again, not sure what's causing it, or as to whether or not you guys know how to solve it? I'll upload some pictures later when I fondle it again. 

Does the carrier have the reinforced steel insert where the bolt catch engages the carrier?  Look on the top of the nozzle, does it say Ver3?  Unfortunately, if it does say Ver3 it could be Ver3 or Ver3.5.  Ver3 nozzle tip is about the same length as the fake lugs (hood), Ver3.5 is about half the length...you WANT Ver3.5.  If you don't have the steel reinforced carrier or the ver3.5 nozzle...STOP troubleshooting and buy the latest from WGC...trust me, it isn't worth your time trying to fix...

The latest v3 nozzle will fix your problem man. As what L2E said, check your nozzle tip, if it is half way the length of the mock hood, your nozzle is the latest v3. But I doubt since you still encountered a problem. For your bolt carrier, dont be sad coz it will still take a while before it breaks on you.

Well the current nozzle is V3.. At least that's what's engraved on it.. Well I'm planning on getting the Z Part Steel BCG when pay day comes around, I've got several parts such as; firing pin retainer, firing pin locker, (previous owner was convinced this is way it was having faults), and disconnector. Once I've got the steel BCG I'll fit them all and see if any other problems persist. So am I going to need a new nozzle too?

bolt locked back past the bolt catch, on a full mag after two shots!.. with the nozzle partially retracted, sorted by pulling the upper and lower apart, it's a major pain, plus, 2 mags are leaking, the fill valve o-rings suck even after drenching in silicon oil.. this Z Parts BCG better fix this! 

What you mean was the bolt lock back even the mags are not empty? Well I also encountered that coz the firing pin valve locker was catching the loading nozzle at the gas route. I filed the part of the nozzle and doesnt have the problem anymore. Hope this help

bolt nozzle.jpg

this is what I mean

I think i'm experiencing the same with you now. I have change my lower receiver and niw this thing occur.the mag lip(where the gas comes out) is a little bit higher than it should be making it very tight for the nozzle to slide on. Its not a smooth pull right and seems like there was a resistance?