The HK 416 GBBR by VFC

hey ludey-dudey, if you dont have yet a bunch of magazine for your VFC 416, i'd recommend you to get the GHK G5 mag or the Gen2 GHK Stanag magazines and modify it. Much much better performance than the VFC mags, heavier though :P . 300gm vs 500gm.

yeah ive read preious posts about this mod...umm...wouldnt class myself as the "king of mods" tbh, give most things a try thou. i have 4 mags total at the min 1 of which is the one thats being a *badgeress* but the others are all good. i love the grey on black mags - look so cool :elvis:

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

received it today.   First things first:   Bolt carrier did need modification, luckily i used to be a fabricator and had my grinder and fabricating tools handy.   When i had measured the RA-TECH

RA-TECH bolt will be here sometime tomorrow after the £48 customs and parcelforce charge!   will let you guys know how it goes.    

I've owned the HK416A5 for a couple months now, so here are some thoughts if anyone actually reads this thread: The good: -External quality is great -Ambidextrous features are great- th

Posted Images

One of my Mag also is leaking on the mag release valve and there's no way I can stop the leaking. I'll pick up some azimuth mag valve then couple of GHK mag.

I'm just going to split my mag into bits for spares, it's leaking from the top valve, the back plate of the magazine, (take the shell of to see), one of the screws that's holding the back plate in place. And then when I discharge the gas to attempt to fix it, the rubber magazine fitting gets forced out of place, and half of it protrudes from the top of the mag..

When I got mine, my mag also has leak on the body, the back plate also. I fixed mine by putting some sort of sealant and the body doesn't leak now. The only leaking part and I cant seem to fix is the output valve or release valve. I think it's the o-ring but I cant find the right size on the market to replace the stock one.

When I got mine, my mag also has leak on the body, the back plate also. I fixed mine by putting some sort of sealant and the body doesn't leak now. The only leaking part and I cant seem to fix is the output valve or release valve. I think it's the o-ring but I cant find the right size on the market to replace the stock one.

that's an idea, would milliput work? I've got some lying around, if placed on the actual "joining" of the mag pieces and then sanded. 

in terms of the release valve etc, I'm sure I saw something on WGC last night while shopping around for mag parts. I'm not too sure.

that's an idea, would milliput work? I've got some lying around, if placed on the actual "joining" of the mag pieces and then sanded. 

in terms of the release valve etc, I'm sure I saw something on WGC last night while shopping around for mag parts. I'm not too sure.

I use a window sealant on mine coz that's only the available one  :lol:. I just applied it around the gasket, a nasty looking finish but gets the job done.

For the release valve, yeah that's the azimuth valve. Upon doing some research, i found out that my VFC mags are actually the pre 2012 version. The release valve is thinner than the new one, the gas port opening was also smaller and it leaks. Oh well, will be fixed soon by getting the new valve from azimuth

That's damned hop unit is out of stock everywhere I swear! I don't want to mess it up in my only hop unit..

I haven't had any issues with mags locking in so far :/

Order directly from VFC...they will sell you directly most replacement parts.  I have ordered many parts including the hop unit without issue.

• Like 1

Is it worth modifying the standard G&P PMAGs to work in the VFC 416 D ? ( I mean standard PMAG not the custom one ).

Has anyone done it yet?

If you have a WA type unit, it is better to shorten the firing pin of your VFC 416 so that you can still use your G&P PMAG on your WA type gun.

But to answer your question, yest you can mod it. Just shorten the mag valve and file some portion of the PMAG shell. See my previous post/photo regarding the modification of GHK G5 Mag, though not a Magpul PMAG but almost identical to a PMAG design

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

post-87604-0-68675000-1405337119_thumb.jpgpost-87604-0-08628600-1405337121_thumb.jpg

Externally, the 416 is done, got an Ra-tech NPAS Nozzle, miracle barrel and the hop up chamber on the way, all I need to source is a Maple Leaf Hop up tensioner and then this is done!

also, Bimmer, http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=VFC-HOP-M4G-02&search=searchItem&rs=VFC%20hk416%20hop%20up&catid=&cat=&view_choice=a there are in stock!

I wonder if the new hop unit in the 417 will work in the 416? I can't wait to get a 417 to test if it works in the 416...

possibly, we need someone with both to test! I'm not sure if I want to get the 417, I mean, it's going to be gorgeous, but, I'll only want to build a G28.. which will cost more money :(