Conservapedia

chas

America! *fruitcage* yeah!

Being one who's been in an un-conventional relationship in the past I have to ask what's wrong with this?

Inaction > action in some cases.

There's a big difference in the flamers you see marching in San-Fran screaming for "equal rights" and your typical LGBT person you know.

Most of us don't fit the sterotype, a lot of us are embarrassed by the actions of the militant wing, the majority of us just want to be left alone, and as it stands we are for the most part left alone by both parties save for the brainwashed militants on both sides who play tug of war with petty issues.

I don't see anyone being lynched, or thrown into the asylum for it anymore, so what exactly are we fighting for now?

Marriage? Hah, ever been married? It ain't what it's cut out to be regardless of orientation.

You don't need a piece of paper from the government to prove your love to another if the fire really is there.

YMMV

Yes it is the polarization of political parties, terrible business

Nah, just lets people like me know that we're not really on anyone's side when we see fire raining down upon us from both sides. ;)

Inaction > action in some cases.

With politics or religion inaction is always better (unless there is violence involved, then you should defend yourself). When people start tossing beliefe or faith out there there is no way to convince them they are wrong, logic does not exist.

Most of us don't fit the sterotype, a lot of us are embarrassed by the actions of the militant wing, the majority of us just want to be left alone, and as it stands we are for the most part left alone by both parties save for the brainwashed militants on both sides who play tug of war with petty issues.

This can be used as a generic statement for just about anything, Muslims, Christians, Democrats, Republicans, Neo-Nazis, Communists....

I don't see anyone being lynched,

You live up north don't you, I can't remember, but down in the south, it happens, you just don't hear about it.

Marriage? Hah, ever been married? It ain't what it's cut out to be regardless of orientation.

I never understood the LG/marriage issue for that reason, in states that have it the divorce rate seems to be just as high as straight couples.

You don't need a piece of paper from the government to prove your love to another if the fire really is there.

I told my current wife that for 6 years, she still dosen't believe me.

If you don't want to get married that's fine, then don't, but if someone does want to then why should they not be able to? My comment was more about the general trend of voter apathy in America

If they want to who cares let them. We've got several states in the union who will cater to them.

All they have to do is take an extended trip to do it, in some states that really aren't that half bad looking.

Fly off + Get drunk + party in beautiful locations + I do + ??? = Profit!

We ain't got it so bad. ;)

As far as voter apathy is concerned..

Do you really want every average American motivated to pick a side and vote? Think about that for a while.

You live up north don't you, I can't remember, but down in the south, it happens, you just don't hear about it.

I grew up in the deep south, I never felt threatened there. People were generally nicer to me there than they are here in the so called.. progressive west.

Maybe I got off easy because I fell into the "B" section, who knows?

I never understood the LG/marriage issue for that reason, in states that have it the divorce rate seems to be just as high as straight couples.

Tell someone they can't do it, and they'll do it just to spite you.

I think that's what 99% of it is about.

I told my current wife that for 6 years, she still dosen't believe me.

I feel for you there.

I'll go back to sitting on my fence now and let you guys continue tearing the right wing apart. Have fun with that!

As far as voter apathy is concerned..

Do you really want every average American motivated to pick a side and vote? Think about that for a while.

I don't generally like to sound like the liberal-republican (yeah I know, I agree with some things think they are all idiots for a ton of others) I am but......

IF everyone voted you'd get another Obama..... "I promise to change everything, and bring Hope to the future" 3 years later, what did you change? and I why do I feel like things are getting worse, lastly, please for christ's sake GAG YOUR *fruitcage* WIFE SHE'S AN IDIOT.

I grew up in the deep south, I never felt threatened there. People were generally nicer to me there than they are here in the so called.. progressive west.

The west is only progressive in a very small area, otherwise it's just the poor white trash who thought they could go west and get rich only to find that they are still poor white trash, just now, they have a more westerly geographical orientation, the rest are either stoned hippies (or their offspring) or first generation americans (I can say this as I am the spawn of a Californian that fits into both of those prior categories). I think the other thing is that people in the south are very good at showing one face to the world, and another to family or friends. I've got a news paper clipping in my hands of the beating of a gay black man, who say's "they tried to lynch me". I don't know if he knows what that means, or if something interrupted the process.

Tell someone they can't do it, and they'll do it just to spite you.

I think that's what 99% of it is about.

Makes sense, but I've never been against it or for it, I just don't care.

I feel for you there.

I'm happy, but if I have to do it again, if they say Catholic (or generally christian) while describing themselves I'm running the other way.

Are you also pro-food? :P

Ergh, I've seen more veggie burgers in the past month than I thought were ever made. Go trendy William and Mary students, continue being the sheeple you are!

As a very conservative yet remarkably well educated friend says

If you are that concerned with the ecosystem, the impact from you being alive is more significant that it would be if you were dead, so please save the environment by removing yourself from it....

What? Yes, yes I do, that is what we wax on and on about, democracy and all that *suitcase*. You can't talk about it and then be elitist when it actually comes to voting. No, Im not saying I wish everyone would just go and vote without knowing anything, obviously this would require candidates and the media to start doing their jobs properly, but if you think elections aren't already popularity contests then you really need to take a step back.

I'll go back to sitting on my fence now and let you guys continue tearing the right wing apart. Have fun with that!

Oh assumptions...

The west is only progressive in a very small area, otherwise it's just the poor white trash who thought they could go west and get rich only to find that they are still poor white trash, just now, they have a more westerly geographical orientation, the rest are either stoned hippies (or their offspring) or first generation americans

Entschuldigen? Thats like saying only a small percentage of Southerners don't *fruitcage* their own cowboy boots when they go home after work. Having lived in both places, religion, sexual orientation, race, etc are almost never mentioned on a personal level in California, and certainly never as a consideration for how to treat someone, but when I came to Texas voting differently in an election than someone else is a great to end your friendship. If acceptance of other peoples is what you call progressive, then the west coast is far more progressive than the south.

If you are that concerned with the ecosystem, the impact from you being alive is more significant that it would be if you were dead, so please save the environment by removing yourself from it....

I hate veggieburgers as much as anyone, but is there no middle ground for helping the environment?

P.S. This is only angry in the terms of the debate. Internet srs bsns and all that

Entschuldigen? Thats like saying only a small percentage of Southerners don't *fruitcage* their own cowboy boots when they go home after work. Having lived in both places, religion, sexual orientation, race, etc are almost never mentioned on a personal level in California, and certainly never as a consideration for how to treat someone, but when I came to Texas voting differently in an election than someone else is a great to end your friendship. If acceptance of other peoples is what you call progressive, then the west coast is far more progressive than the south.

Don't know what part of Texas your in, but this has never been an issue for anyone I know, and I know the full gambit from uber conservative to uber liberal. Also you must never have been away from the major cities in Cali, it's a whole different world (not to mention most of that was a joke about the cali stereotypes).

I hate veggieburgers as much as anyone, but is there no middle ground for helping the environment?

Being a vegetarian, won't help the environment (especially because very few other people will become vegetarian, if we all stopped eating meat it'd be another story but it won't happen), there are other much more effective ways to help the environment. It's just like the people who will picket at the state capital with "Save the trees" yet won't donne a nomex fire suit and go fight forest fires to save them. That was my friends quote too, I don't necessarily agree with it, but usually the people who are very "pro environment" pick the absolute dumbest ways to help it, prime example is the Prius craze (get it because gas is cheaper sure, don't get it because it's 'green' because it sure as hell ain't).

P.S. This is only angry in the terms of the debate. Internet srs bsns and all that

Understood, same here.

Don't know what part of Texas your in, but this has never been an issue for anyone I know, and I know the full gambit from uber conservative to uber liberal. Also you must never have been away from the major cities in Cali, it's a whole different world (not to mention most of that was a joke about the cali stereotypes).

I'm from the A&M pert remember ;) so I suppose thats its own area. But I do know plenty of people who willingly say that they hate *angry word for black people* or *angry word for homosexuals* or whatever. As for California, Ive never lived in the cities, all the 18 years I spent there were in a normal sized town well outside urban areas.

Being a vegetarian, won't help the environment (especially because very few other people will become vegetarian, if we all stopped eating meat it'd be another story but it won't happen), there are other much more effective ways to help the environment. It's just like the people who will picket at the state capital with "Save the trees" yet won't donne a nomex fire suit and go fight forest fires to save them. That was my friends quote too, I don't necessarily agree with it, but usually the people who are very "pro environment" pick the absolute dumbest ways to help it, prime example is the Prius craze (get it because gas is cheaper sure, don't get it because it's 'green' because it sure as hell ain't).

That's true. Im a vegetarian, but I Im fully aware my actions have no effect upon the industry or the environment. The percentage of people who don't eat meat will never be large enough to change that. I thought your quote was about environmentally friendly efforts in general. Like recycling, it has this stigma sometimes of being this hippy thing, but its really easy and very beneficial. On your comment about forest fires though, the difference is that forest fires are a natural occurrence, while clear cutting isn't. At least in California we have a number of types of trees whos seeds are only activated by fire. Obviously someone throwing a cigarette butt on the ground and starting a fire isnt a natural occurrence, but forest fires are necessary for the survival of the system.

I'm from the A&M pert remember ;) so I suppose thats its own area. But I do know plenty of people who willingly say that they hate *angry word for black people* or *angry word for homosexuals* or whatever. As for California, Ive never lived in the cities, all the 18 years I spent there were in a normal sized town well outside urban areas.

I know what you mean but these same people would never act on their comments and typically are quite hypocritical. As for Cali you and I must have had two different experiences, were you in the north or the south?

That's true. Im a vegetarian, but I Im fully aware my actions have no effect upon the industry or the environment. The percentage of people who don't eat meat will never be large enough to change that. I thought your quote was about environmentally friendly efforts in general. Like recycling, it has this stigma sometimes of being this hippy thing, but its really easy and very beneficial. On your comment about forest fires though, the difference is that forest fires are a natural occurrence, while clear cutting isn't. At least in California we have a number of types of trees whos seeds are only activated by fire. Obviously someone throwing a cigarette butt on the ground and starting a fire isnt a natural occurrence, but forest fires are necessary for the survival of the system.

I ave no issues with vegetarianism weather it be from dietary needs or simply a dislike of meat, but to do it for "environmental concerns" is laughable, and it seems you agree.

What you say about some species of trees is true, but most people who will shout "save the trees" on capitol hill, don't know that. However, the 'natural' wildfires and what we have in cali every summer are two different things, clearing the underbrush and creating situations for light controlled burning as what naturally occurs is fine, but we don't do squat to help control fires until after they've started, and they burn hotter and longer than most tree species have evolved to survive, entirely destroying the environment.

I was just pointing out the humor in someone explaining their political beliefs by saying that they don't want to kill gay people.

It seems to be the thought of some, I was simply explaining this isnt so. I've gotten it before and it was mentioned briefly in the begining of the thread, whether in the begining of the thread it was serious or not I dont know.

Glad to see you guys are having fun. Ill just leave this here:

Obama Linked To Gay Murders In Chicago

http://www.examiner.com/tea-party-in-dallas/obama-linked-to-gay-murders-chicago

Whoah, haha, didnt see that coming.

Thats kinda crazy. What other presidents have had so much *suitcase* come from their backround?

As a very conservative yet remarkably well educated friend says

I, too, shall leave a little something here. Warning: Video contains graphic content.

http://www.breitbart.tv/disgusting-global-warming-advocates-joke-about-slaughtering-skeptics-including-children/

-Vic

Yeah, Vic... in Spain we have a saying that goes: "Qué tiene que ver la velocidad con el tocino?" - "What does velocity have to do with bacon?".

I think this 10:10 thing is a scam anyway: they are selling 10:10 window stickers for 50£ a piece.

I, too, shall leave a little something here. Warning: Video contains graphic content.

http://www.breitbart.tv/disgusting-global-warming-advocates-joke-about-slaughtering-skeptics-including-children/

-Vic

Hmm... thats a somwhat rediculous advertisement in my opinion. I fail to see the humor. Seems a tad bit over the top. I understand its supposed to be a joke, but still.

I think this 10:10 thing is a scam anyway: they are selling 10:10 window stickers for 50£ a piece.

Hm, un grande scam.

Es Espana loco para la conservacion de el medio ambiente?

Archived