Well MP7 AEP

renegadecow

A good sign that the ACM market is still alive, a new product just popped up at RSOV. Not really the most favored of brands out there, but at least it's something. But why, oh why did they have to make it out of full metal considering the real thing is mostly polymer? And I thought the ACM FAMAS was horrendous with its metal grip.

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=12590

Ah the OEM from Umarex had some leftovers to sell without the markings. I couldn't understand who needs a "fullmetal" MP7 from UMAREX and i can not understand who needs it from the chinese manufacturer, because even the real one isn't made from metal.

Lance

It is strange that they would make a plastic mp7 using metal, and then with the mp5 that they make use plastic when the real counterparts are the other way round? (And before anyone flames me for calling them plastic, I know that the real thing is a polywhatsit composite whatever) Still, at $80 I might get a couple just to use as spares. My TM MP7 which performs really well for an aep, recently suffered from a fracture on the gearbox housing, and getting a replacement was one of the hardest parts I have had to find, and I dont know where the part finally came from as someone else managed to find one for me. I would have happily got a cheapo gun and butchered it just for the part, only they are hard to find too recently! Not to mention that this also comes with a battery, which I have just ordered a couple of extra for, which is handy as I will get through all of mine in a morning easily. So, if the gun is rubbish, the spares such as the sights, battery, and gear parts are 'Well' <_< worth the asking price.

(And before anyone flames me for calling them plastic, I know that the real thing is a polywhatsit composite whatever)

"plastic" is not a substance :P. "Plastic" is a substances nature.

There are three ways that a solid reacts to deformation(bending or similar), "elastic" "plastic" and "britle"

Elastic deforms and then returns to its origonal shape

Plastic deforms perminantly, changeing shape.

Britle just breakes.

In truth this means that most metals are plastic, and most "plastics" are in truth britle, though many are plastic in nature.

But that's all irrelevant to the thread:

I had an MP7, i think it was a well, and the quality of the plastic was terrible, it kept breaking. Every time i fixed it it broke somewhere else, i used glues, resins and even "welded" it with a soldering iron. Having it made from metal now is deffinatly a good idea.

this would seem to be a new batch then as the body is metal

Evike: METAL PARTS :

• Folding Front & Rear sight
  • Trigger
  • Stock Tube
  • R.I.S. System
  • Scope Rail
  • Selector Switch
  • Flashhider
  • Body pins
  • Barrel
  • Gear Box

RSOV

Metal parts: Main Body and Grip, Outer barrel, Flash Hider,

Handguard, Rail

Generally RSOV's descriptions tend to be fairly accurate.

While the old plastic WELL MP7 did suck balls, I got one (butchered rather) to use the gearbox and hop for my Ghost in the Shell gun. With some fine tuning on the hop chamber seal and a Nineball upgrade spring it was doing a decent 265fps on .20g bbs. It still works up until now, some 2 years later although I don't really use it very much.

edit:

If I stuck in a tightbore I'm sure it would have squeezed in some 15~20fps more. And the "fine tuning" consisted of a teflon tape wrap, cutting 0.5~1.0mm off the rear of the chamber to seat it against the nozzle better, replacement of the hop chamber spring with a stiffer one, and thorough cleaning from the factory grease.

well made 2 versions, a plastic version for around 70 or 80 and a metal version for around 100. i would like one, because metal is better than WELL's crappy ABS body, but if i cant find a marui motor, i may pass it up.

but these AEPs are capable of great things.

Or wait for Galaxy to make their MP7 again, wich was shooting 260 out of the box, wwith an excellent hop up. Contrary to the Well, you dont need to upgrade it, and if you do, you might squeeze up to 300-310 FPS out of it. It also doesnt break, the markings are sharp, etc, etc,... oh, but the lemon rate was quite high, although fixable.

Now why won't they make the VZ61 in full metal? Would love to have one of those.

so you have to buy the R2C version here:

http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php?cPath=86&products_id=378

WELL Full Metal Vz61 Scorpion AEP w/ strip & drum magazine (R2C)

•Manufacturer: Well

Diecast Full Metal Receiver

•Adjustable hop-up

•Steel Plate Trigger Guard

•Clearly marking on the adjustable rear sight

•Steel Wire Folding Stock

•Compatible with Tokyo-Marui Hop-up & Gear parts

Lance

Archived