WE Sneak Peak

Lance Jackass

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends how discerning the market is, if you just have a bundle of folks across the globe thinking "I want one of them there blowback SA80s to add to my blowback rifles" rather than "I want an L85-A2 for an accurate british impression" then it mightn't matter much

though in saying that, if the vast majority of buyers dont give a monkeys one way or the other, then it might as well be an A2 to please the smaller segment that do

Aren't the differences mostly cosmetic? Couldn't they make both versions off one receiver design?

L85A1 looks ok

L85A2 looks awesome

L86A2 LSW looks fabulous

and to my previous thing, i emailed WETTI and said about the SA80 and they said there was no plans in the line and they said they would look into it.

Give me an L85A2. Snowcutter trigger +shielded mag release + unsnaggable socking handle = Not going to have a weapon that falls to pieces .

In saying that, its a good move on the Browning HP. But WETTI: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use aluminium on the slide and not pot metal (reason I don't own a WE handgun is purely because the slide is so heavy for colder climates here it never works more than half the magazine capacity, and the Luger shoots off and sights are not adjustable). If BELL can afford cheap aluminium slides on its M1911 so can WE.

Use Marui barrel/hop up unit, an aluminium slide and a marui negative pressure valve system for the Browning HP and you will have a winner.

A low-cost GBB Browning HP? Looks like I have to get back into airsofting just for that. I hope they'd release some other varients of the BHP, such as "Stainless Silver" replica. Judging by the pics they're going to do at least MkIII (grip panels).

Archived