VFC KAC Rail systems (URX Short, Mid)

IronWolf

As said above, will it come with the tool that's required? I know my G&P URX was impossible to install without it. I wanted to be a smartass and make the tool myself. After 2 tries, a broken homemade tool and painful fingers I had to order the G&P tool and wait another week.

As said above, will it come with the tool that's required? I know my G&P URX was impossible to install without it. I wanted to be a smartass and make the tool myself. After 2 tries, a broken homemade tool and painful fingers I had to order the G&P tool and wait another week.

i wouldnt say impossible. i managed to fit my SR25 URX front end to an M4 reciever without a tool but the problem now is that i cant remove it without using a hacksaw or a big hammer. kept it there tho.

I saw that. Wouldn't hold much hope of it being solid?

Surely if just turning the rail by hand holds it on them the same pressure in the reverse direction will just loosen it off again?

Loctite would let it go on easy, but make it hard to take off, without a tool or chemical.

I found this video quite useful for a too less installation for a URX

Surely if just turning the rail by hand holds it on them the same pressure in the reverse direction will just loosen it off again?

Very not secure. As BrooklynBorn pointed out, rockset or locktite should help keep it in place, but that method will still not be as secure as using some kind of tool.

Definitely a plus! URX rails are super pricey, would much rather put one of these on any airsoft piece.VFC stuff is usually much closer "touch and feel" to KAC than G&P.

I have a G&P URX, a VFC URX and a RS URX. The VFC SR15 upper is as close as it gets to my RS KAC SR15 upper. These VFC rails aren't cheap ... but the quality is superb. Buy once ... cry once. Personally, I would recommend getting the G&P XM110 Installation Tool for the midlength URX, as the regular G&P SR-25K URX Tool is too short for it.

I have a G&P URX, a VFC URX and a RS URX. The VFC SR15 upper is as close as it gets to my RS KAC SR15 upper. These VFC rails aren't cheap ... but the quality is superb. Buy once ... cry once. Personally, I would recommend getting the G&P XM110 Installation Tool for the midlength URX, as the regular G&P SR-25K URX Tool is too short for it.

No I agree, I was saying RS URX is very pricey, particularly the types with the integrated front sight. I purchased an older KAC URX II two years ago and the finish/markings on G&P tubes I own could not compare. I'm glad to know VFC does a better job.

I figured out how to effectively install my G&P URX II ( and by effectively I mean rock solid) without the means of the g&p tool. I also figured out how to remove the rock solid URX with just a pair of pliers.

Nonetheless, the VFC URX II looms awesome. I'm highly considering an SR16-E3 build....

The nice thing about the URX kit, is that since it's not pre-installed, you can take the URX nut to a hardware store and figure out the ideal steel pipe that will work as a tool. From there, all you have to do is mark on the pipe where to cut sections out of it in order to mate with the nut and you're good to go. Much easier than starting from a pre-installed rail.

Archived