Biggest 'I've forgotten the most important bit of kit' fail

magaz

In Country 7 last year.

Travelled the 100+ miles south on the friday afternoon, and only realised when going to bomb up on the saturday morning I'd forgotten my ammo tin with my AR mags in. Doh!

Checking mags - check. Putting mags in the tin - check. Leaving the tin in the hall with the rest of the gear - check. Putting the tin in the car... :blush:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after a few episodes of arriving on site without numerous bits i now have 2 boxes that contain everything and leave things deliberatly in the way for the morning.

Battery charger plugged in next to bedroom door, accessory boxes next to breakfast table, gunbag infront of front door, car keys in admin pouch, goggle in one boot gloves in other.

So it is a little evolutionary cycle from bed to the car, a bit like the cornflakes advert.

In Country 7 last year.

Travelled the 100+ miles south on the friday afternoon, and only realised when going to bomb up on the saturday morning I'd forgotten my ammo tin with my AR mags in. Doh!

Checking mags - check. Putting mags in the tin - check. Leaving the tin in the hall with the rest of the gear - check. Putting the tin in the car... :blush:

My latest and greatest way around this is that i pack everything into my belt/chestrig/what have you that can fit.

Mags + Extra BB Bag or Loader

Gloves

Headware(balaclava + hat)

Eyepro

Compass + Rite in Rain stuff

Canteen

As long as you can remember to put your battery in the gun the night before, and you can remember to bring yourself dressed out, the aeg, and the rig you pretty much have what you need to survive.

It's always batteries for me!

I take 4x 7.4v LiPo's for me and the missus to every game day or that's the plan atleast. I've gotten to the site and realized I left them all neatly stacked next to the charger about 3 times now :(

Never forget to charge them though, it's just the packing them in the bag bit that eludes me :P

this ^ pretty much.

I have my No.1 gear which is all set aside that I use the most.

If I had no.2 gear it would have to be the *suitcase* stuff in my gear area .... pun totally intended.

My latest and greatest way around this is that i pack everything into my belt/chestrig/what have you that can fit.

I do that every time, doesn't stop me from forgetting that my battery was in my gun bag and not my gun last Sunday.

"Everyone ready to go?"

"Yeah, lets go."

"Hey man, thanks for letting me use your battery charger this morning."

"Hey, no problem man, it's... WAIT!"

I also forgot both my sidearms that game, but then again, we were doing outdoors, so I didn't think we needed them.

I was once playing a CQB game at Phoenix CQB...there was a long walk from the safezone to the start point, we got there...and 'GAME ON'' so everyone runs off and Im stood there thinking ''I hope nobody notices I have left my MP5 in the safezone'' So i quickly walk off with my hand up, playing dead...

Luckily nobody noticed i walked half a mile..oblivious to the fact I left my ONLY weapon laying ontop of my rucksack in the safezone.

How I did walk all that way and not notice i had nothing in my hands....is beyond me

As the desi- driver (being the only one with a licence or a car), i tend to get the lads over my place the night before so i dont have to pratt around getting up early while they have a lay in.

loading up all the gear, i managed to only pack my M733 and M249...

thats no webbing, no mags, no batteries, no sidearms, no rounds, no gas, hell even NO WALLET. this displeased me as i had called for my mate to check if there was anything left in the hall. Some how he didnt noticed my kit bag...

that was a pretty major fail

last year chugging up the M4 (from south wales ) to the first game at the mall just aproaching last services before the severn bridge all having a great time in the car when we sudenly remember were supposed to pick a team mate up from the services , three services back ! :o manage to turn around just in time time to go back and get him :D

The night before a massive event, I managed to unknowingly twist the barrel on my only working AEG while changing flash hiders, tearing the hopup. I only discovered this after driving for hours, waiting in line for hours, riding to the front lines in an APC, and firing upon the advancing enemy.

Not to worry, back in the car was my semi-trusty WE PDW and a stack of mags, which would have easily passed chrono IF I had remembered to bring the tiny custom wrench to adjust the NPAS.

I also forgot to bring my sexy block II MK18 Mod 1 blaster, and took part in a "tactical gear show-off" competition with a cobbled together FrankenAEG with wires showing; I was tied for first place but I think the ghetto gun cost me the win when the judges took a closer look for the tiebreaker. The real bummer was the prize was a fancy new M4 that I could have used to get back into the games--I spent most of the day just wandering around waiting for my buddies to get bored.

So my forgetfulness cost me a whole day of milsim, a $40 admission fee and very likely a $400 AEG.

Archived