LA Police Gear Tactical Operator Pants

LA Police Gear Tactical Operator’s pants (Elastic Waistband)

In the search for something different, I found myself looking at many brands of “Tactical Pants”. Woah was there a lot to choose from. Seeing how this was a new style that I wanted to only wear on occasion, I opted for the cheapest of the brands. The LA Police Gear Tactical Operator’s pants run just under $20 from their website ($19.95 actually). For $20 I figured, even if they were ###### and they ripped apart in a week, it wouldn’t be that big of a loss.

Pockets:

These pants boast a plethora of pockets. There are 10 symmetrical pockets. (That’s 5 on each side for you slower ones.) The two hip pockets are extremely deep and will hold anything you want without the risk of falling out. Also to note is that there is a reinforced patch on the ends of both pockets which looks like was meant for a knife. Two pockets are located in the front which seem to fit a phone perfectly, or any other smaller sized item for that matter. The cargo pockets are rather large and are at an angle. The flap has two velcro closers similar to the ACU style pocket. In the center of this flap, there is a slit. I believe that this is to accommodate for large items such as a flashlight. Inside the pockets there is one D-ring as well as an organizational pocket. (Yes, a pocket within a pocket..) If you are like me, you will probably end up using these pockets as an on the go dump pouch. The velcro closure is easy to open, and really closes on it’s on. Lastly (For the front) are two calf pockets. These calf pockets house an m4 sized magazine perfectly, now as to why you would be keeping a magazine down there I don’t know. However, the pocket is there to use for your imagination. Finally, the two “wallet” pockets on the back aren’t anything fancy. Two button flap closure, perfect size for a wallet, checkbook, or whatever you normally keep on top of your *albatross*.

Also, there is a knee pad “pocket” located on the inside of the pants to insert foam knee pads.

Reinforcements:

As mentioned in the pockets section, there is a bit of reinforcement for a knife on the two hip pockets. There are also double reinforced knees, and a double reinforcement on the rear. That is very encouraging, because while playing I often find myself on my knees. (Go ahead, insert your innuendo.)

Material:

The pants are made of 40% Polyester and 60% cotton ripstop.

Things of concern:

The zipper is all plastic construction, which I have had trouble with on day one. All the D-rings are also made of what seems to be very cheap plastic. I’m not sure I would want anything too important hanging from them. Only time will tell how durable the pants as a whole are, but I feel that I will be getting my $30 out of them. (See below)

Overview:

You get what you pay for, $20 is what is listed on the site, which as cheap as it sounds, and they rape you with shipping. It was just under $10 shipped, so I ended up paying $30, which is slightly a bummer. If you plan on picking up these pants plan on ordering more than one, or get a group order with some friends so you save on the ridiculous shipping.

Pictures taken feature Sierra colored pants

Pictures:

DSCN0620.jpg

Hip Pocket, notice the reinforced area around the knife

DSCN0625.jpg

Calf pocket, shown is a standard m4 style magazine

DSCN0626.jpg

Front pockets, holding a cell phone

DSCN0627.jpg

Cargo pocket, shown utilizing the slip for larger items

DSCN0628.jpg

Cargo pocket, showing velcro closures