http://www.airsoftworld.net/ Bad experience.

This is about my old M60.

On the 13th of April i brought the A&K M60 for £280 (All good woo woo)

All was great when i had it even came with a battery and charger i was not expecting.

So its first skirmish day 19th of April , It broke sounded like grinding gears.

So i sent it back to be repaired on the 20th of April, All good collected on the same day wooo.

Got it back and it seamed that the motor height adjustment had slipped so back in its box it goes,Until the 24th of May where it breaks again (First game).

So i send it back to be repaired AGAIN on the 25th of May.

I had asked them to refund my money for store credit as i was not impressed with this gun what so ever, They ignored my request and repaired it and sent it straight back to me with out a email saying its been "repaired" or that has been dispatched.

Once i got it back and checked that it was all working well i put it up for a sale as i wasted 15k BB's in one day with it -.-.

So it had been up for sale for about 4week's i think and finally i sold it (Whooopie) so before sending it off i gave it a full check over to see if its all working fine.

Well it broke again at this point i snapped and knew something was up and took the gun apart (The buyer knew all about this and was very patient whilst i got this problem fixed).

Taking it apart was fine, From the previous problem i checked the motor height adjustment (It was fully on) so couldn't be that.

At this point i cacked my self thinking the gears had broken.

When i finally had the gear box in half the problem was very obvious and it had be causing all the problems from the very beginning.

The motor in A&K's M60 are all grey , This motor was JG motor with the pinion gear half way down the shaft.

I gave the motor a check over and it looked as if it had been cut down from a long type to a short (I was fuming at this point) the end of the axel was all rugged and not rounded off or flat as it should.

So i gave AW a ring and asked them to send me a new motor as this one is broken.

When i told them what the problem was they knew exactly what was done (New gun? *badger*s was it) I was told immediately that the motor had been dremled from a long type to a short type (Bodged).

1) Meaning the gun was never new

2) They lied to me about the original problem (Both times it was the motor height adjustment.....)

3) If they had a reason to replacing the motor they never told me.

4) It was not a correct repair / Replacement which is a bodge job if i ever saw one.

I got my new motor and installed and all was well.

People expect to have a BRAND new gun when buying from "Respected" retailers and not to be lied to.

Now i dont know what happened to this gun previously and i don't want to know because i will end up raging at them even more.

Over all experience with airsoft world ? 0/10 "Airsoft world selling broken guns one at a time".

I just thought i would let you guys know about this as it has brewing in side me for quite a while now and whilst i was defraging my PC i decided to do it.

If any one else has had sour problems with this certain company please post your story.

I dont want this turned into a flame war i just want people comments on this subject etc.

John

Edited by gijohn2

They're a toy shop selling mostly two tones in all my experience - I don't consider them a serious airsoft retailer by any measure. The website is poor, product descriptions are littered with childish comments, and of the two orders i've made with them, both ended badly. I purchased a JLS SCAR just before the VCRB came into effect - After 500 rounds it ate it's own gearbox - AW informed me it was chinese and not covered by a guarantee, despite this not being at all clear on their website when purchasing. Second time a year or so later i ordered a few tins of green gas on a Monday, and didn't receive them until the following Monday, which is an awfully long time compared to any other retailer i've used. To be fair to them, they were fairly friendly and apologetic on the phone, but i wasn't happy with my experiences at all.

I'm pretty sure most of their market is kids getting their parents to buy them two tone LPEG's, but i've never even thought to check their store when i've been looking for anything online.

any minute now Tinkerbell will be along to tell his epic tale of airsoftworld/scotland and the tin of krylon ;) lol

personally Ive not brought anything from them in years, hate the website and to be honest they deal with the cheaper end of airsoft which is just not my thing. shame really as 4 or 5 years ago they where pretty damm good.

They're a toy shop selling mostly two tones in all my experience - I don't consider them a serious airsoft retailer by any measure. The website is poor, product descriptions are littered with childish comments.

Pretty much sums up what I think about them, it does seem since they started importing huge amounts of Chinese guns they've gone massivly downhill, their website is perhaps a bit better than the old one but it is still very untidy imo.

I've not ordered anything from them for some years now, the last order I did they charged me 3% for using PayPal which I didn't notice until later on (fairly low value order), when I did notice I went and looked at who their card processor was and checked their rates and found that they charged 4% + a monthly fee to retailers who used them which is actually more than PayPal charge as their highest rate, since then I've avoided buying from them at all costs and hope to continue to do so.

Also their 'Enviromental' policy is a joke, a friend got a bulk order of cans of green gas from them when they had started banging on about thir new policy, when they turned up every can had been wrapped in its own Parcel Force mailing bag (24+ cans iirc) which to me hardly seems in keeping with such a policy. Then you also have the fact that they seem to pride themselves on selling 125,000rnd sacks of ammo for a silly low price, if you want to be a little enviromental surely you'd encourage people to use less ammo rather than more?

I have never bought anything from them, and never will - all down to repeated stories of shoddy service. I put them in the same retailer service bracket as the now defunct Airsoft Dynamics.

I have to admit though, I am partial to Recon Rag - especially if it's a redhead model ;)

Ben.

@ hwagen you summed them very well your self smile.gif

Off topic a bit... But it never ceases to amaze me how everyone spells my username 'Hwagen' when it's spelled right above my picture :P

Back on topic, I had the same green gas cans in individual PF bags when i made that order - I didn't check the environmental policy first, but it did seem a hell of a waste. As for Airsoft Dynamics, they were actually awesome... Until the last few months when they buggered off with everyone's money... Luckily i never got caught up in that, but i don't see why they didn't just keep the business going, if they'd stuck with their original levels of service and decent pricing they'd probably be bigger than Zero One by now, and probably making a crapload more money.

i can't read the thread just get a error message :(

Here's the short version then

Tinkerbell ordered a can of Krylon, paid for it, was told it's not in stock and after many phone calls and e mails had to wait about 6 months for a refund

• 2 weeks later...