Magpul PTS ACR/Masada Magazine Compatibility

I realise this is a fairly old thread but I'd like to add my findings for those trying to decide on mags.

I recently returned from a full days play using a couple of King Arms 360rd Mags with my Masada, apart from the aformentioned issue with the mags not engaging the latch easily they fed faultlessly and I didn't have any issues throughout the day. I will most likely be modifying my mags to fit a little easier.

I also tried out an ICS 470rd mag, fits fairly snugly as previously mentioned and isn't a whole lot bigger than the King Arms mags; also had no feeding issues using that for a few hundred rounds. The winder on the ICS is a little easier to access compared to the King Arms but isn't a dealbreaker. I personally didn't think the King Arms mags gave fewer BB's per wind than many other mags I've used but without testing I couldn't be certain.

To enhance King Arms Hi-Cap PMAG fitment, all you need to do is file <1mm off of the top horizontal edge of the mag-catch hole on the mag body. An exacto knife/hobby knife should be able to do it; I used a Dremel with a sanding tool, which was probably overkill.

Edited by jaeger0416
  • 3 weeks later...

Have a few PMAGs I bought from someone on ASF. They are knock offs, possibly ACM. They fit in the magwell, but the mag catch will not grab unless I give it a good solid whack. I tried sanding the mag a bit near the edges and for the catch but still a no go. Wondering if anyone else has these and has been able to get them to fit:

DSCN2025.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

King Arms M16 120 rds Magazines (http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_56_427&products_id=28725). Fit properly. They have feed issues, when they are full and there's enough compression in the spring they'll feed flawlessly, once you have 15-20 rounds left the spring doesn't push as hard and there's lots of misfeeds, you'll get around 100 consistent rounds with these.

• 2 weeks later...

The Star green label Pmags fit and feed perfectly in mine.

G&G mids fit and feed fine.

G&G highcaps fit and feed fine.

KWA hicaps won't lock into place without a serious wack.

MAG 190rd metal midcaps fit fine, however as with most guns, they double and triple feed unless broken in a lubed properly.

• 2 months later...

Tried the following magazines

KWA 360 HICAP (does not fit)

AIM 360 HICAP (does not fit)

MAGPUL P-MAG 120 mid cap (Perfect Fit)

STAR MAGPUL 75 Rds (Fits)

MAG (Short VN style) 120 rds

S-Arm M4 160 rds (Works - just need to slide a little to the side)

LONEX M4 FLASH MAG (Actually Works - just need to slide a little to the side)

Tried the following magazines

KWA 360 HICAP (does not fit)

AIM 360 HICAP (does not fit)

MAGPUL P-MAG 120 mid cap (Perfect Fit)

STAR MAGPUL 75 Rds (Fits)

MAG (Short VN style) 120 rds

S-Arm M4 160 rds (Works - just need to slide a little to the side)

LONEX M4 FLASH MAG (Actually Works - just need to slide a little to the side)