Tuning up A&K dragunov

Pryok poroh

Hi!

Im about to buy A&k dragunov soon, but i need to know more about the internals. I have watched video's about it, but none of em couldnt really tell what kind of spring and precision barrel u can replace there. The spring is AEG spring, but does it have to be the right manufacturer, whose spring will fit there. And about the barrel, Does 590mm PSG-1 barrel fit there with no problems and should work great? Those who have A&K dragunov or just know about the internals please help me.

Pryok poroh

You will be happy to know, AEG spring, AEG barrel, and AEG hop-up rubber, will all fit into the A&K SVD.

I have one myself, but I'm a "if its not broken, don't fix it" airsofter.

Only thing I added was padding to the cocking handle and to 1 finger of my gloves. :D

but our gun smith has up-down graded a few and let me know the above details.

And there's only minimal differences between AEG springs, from different manufactures. They should all fit.

Although unless you want to downgrade the power, I see no need to upgrade at the current version SVD spring power is plentiful.

a little more info. while it does take AEG springs, the stock springs it use are a little longer than regular AEG springs. they are more like PSG1 springs.

so, if you want a certain power, get a spring 1 or 2 steps stronger than the power its rated for. so, if you want 500 FPS, you'll have to get a m150 or m160 spring instead of an m140 spring.

you can use whatever weight you want. but with 500 FPS, you'll want the heaviest you feel comfortable using before you actually see it fire.

if the SHS spring was made for use in an AEG, it will (that's "will" if you think that could have been a typo) work in the A&K SVD.

have fun man. and you should also get a nice precision barrel.

Archived