G&G F2000/G2010 Review

I just got this gun it shoots as in full auto when it is set in semi. The gun is brand new. It seems that 90% of the time in semi, no matter how you pull the trigger in shoots in auto. I have tried several time moving the selector to make sure it is in semi but no change. Now and then it does shoot as in semi, but not often and then it goes right back to auto. It mostly shoots in semi when the mag is not installed. Very disappointing. Any suggestions would be great. Could this be related to the trigger lever issue mention in previous posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've modified my G2000 gear box by cutting off said offending lug, using a pillar drill to make a vertical hole at the front of the box and then tapping and putting a bolt and nut in. Works a treat.

Still waiting for the tac-torch front grip, and grenade launcher etc though. Could convert my current grip, but I like the option of plug and play accessories.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how the sight on the Hunter version is? Every review I've watched or read neglects to actually discuss it.

I have one fitted, its pretty much your standard cheap scope, nicely done xhairs and a plastic shroud, works good for the range they have and looks awesome. Good eye relief as well for what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

im wondering if using that screw to increase fps isn't putting extra stress on the parts

because what you are doing is basically the same as putting washers behind the spring so it has less room to compress

and i always thought that that is a bad thing, that you where better of with a stronger spring because limiting the space where a spring could compress would cause allot of stress on the parts

im wondering if using that screw to increase fps isn't putting extra stress on the parts

because what you are doing is basically the same as putting washers behind the spring so it has less room to compress

and i always thought that that is a bad thing, that you where better of with a stronger spring because limiting the space where a spring could compress would cause allot of stress on the parts

When the 'fps screw' is set to its highest fps, i.e. the screw is all the way in, the spring guide is pretty much in the position it would be on a normal gearbox. Essentially, whatever fps you make it, be it 350 or 400, the force required by either shortening the stroke or having a larger spring will generate the same amount of force, and in turn the same amount of stress on the components.

Love this, but mine struggles firing in semi auto without stopping.

But works fine in full auto both semi and full.

Any ideas?

This issue was fixed when we sharpened the cut off lever. I've used the F2000 and nothing else since August now (I couldn't tell you how much I've fired through it, I know it's a lot though) and it has had no problems at all with single shot. I mostly play on semi auto, especially as my local site is semi only.

When the 'fps screw' is set to its highest fps, i.e. the screw is all the way in, the spring guide is pretty much in the position it would be on a normal gearbox. Essentially, whatever fps you make it, be it 350 or 400, the force required by either shortening the stroke or having a larger spring will generate the same amount of force, and in turn the same amount of stress on the components.

This issue was fixed when we sharpened the cut off lever. I've used the F2000 and nothing else since August now (I couldn't tell you how much I've fired through it, I know it's a lot though) and it has had no problems at all with single shot. I mostly play on semi auto, especially as my local site is semi only.

I filed my down and it had no effect. Possibly I didn't remove enough material. Blazed99 0 If you do this let us know. I'm really curious if this works for you, or if there are just bad batches of guns.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The current F2000's out there, I'd reckon there's three versions available, talking only in the Cybergun-G&G aspect of things and not discussing if they're Hunter/Tactical versions:

- First batch of G2010's.

G&G markings(G2010, Airsoft Gun, blah blah), original G&G box and manual. Individual serial numbers. No FN markings.

Original cut-off lever; notorious screw in the magazine well.

- Second batch of G2010's, arguably left-overs from the first batch rebranded for Cybergun.

I say most likely left-overs, as mine is one of these and the new markings were most likely simply inserted onto the earlier production models; Same G&G markings, but has a laser-etched "Licensed by FN-Herstal" and FN symbol in white in the original FN marking position. Cybergun-boxing and manual (very, very poor compared to G&G's original manual) New serial numbers most likely, as mine is A001XX, and I've seen non-Cybergun'd weapons with higher numbers.

Same cut-off lever and the same screw, no changes.

- Third (or second?) batch of G2010's, now F/FS2000's;

Original FN F/FS2000 markings; correctly etched FN symbol, not in white; Cybergun boxing and manual. No idea on serial numbers.

No idea about the cut-off lever and/or the said screw.

Essencially, as far as I can tell, if you get one of the first two "generations", you will have the same issues that have been discussed here, no idea about these "third" batches. I have to say however that mine has had a few thousand rounds put through it so far and I haven't had any issues aside from having to modify magazines. Put a weaker spring in it, other than that, it's entirely stock. Everything works fine; dual-stage trigger, semi-auto fire, haven't had a lock-up or jam.

I did notice that the barrel gets dirty ridiculously easy, so it's a good thing I clean it between games.

I also do wish they hurry the hell up and launch addons for it, I'm itching to get my hands on a frontal RIS nd the damned Hunter uppers have been out of stock everywhere. :P

The screw can be checked easily -- just look inside the magazine well and check for a protruding screw. It basically blocks any magazine that has a longer plastic protrusion on top, behind the feeder release-spring, if you can see what I mean.

Grab any hi-cap STANAG and compare it to most real/low/midcaps and you'll see what I mean. Personally it didn't bother me as STANAG mags are dirt-cheap and the modification just takes about five-ten minutes per magazine with an x-acto knife or something that you can cut plastic with.

The cut-off lever, you can only check by removing the entire gearbox. Fortunately, much like the P90, it's absurdly easy to remove:

- Remove the rubber buttstock.

- Remove the two Phillips head screws that are covering the gearbox on the backside and the plastic cover.

- Remove the two-allen screws centered in the side of the body, closest to the rubber pad. These two hold the actual gearbox in place.

- Just slightly loosen the allen screw located highest on the F2000, closest to the rubber pad. This one just keeps the two body halves together, so it helps when removing the gearbox.

- Pull the gearbox out, voilá.

To see if it's changed, just compare it to the picture in the first page of this topic which shows how to modify it. Personally, I haven't touched mine as it's been working like clockwork. Why fix what's not broken? ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, here is a quick update on the F2000 direct from G&G that may also help some of you that have had problems:

'Regarding to the F2000 selector issue, we are making the new version of trigger relay set now, but since the new design requires the new tooling and molding, so it will take some time.

However, we did hand crafted couple new trigger relays for next batch to Cybergun.

For those who is having trigger relay issues, please email our customer support department support@guay2.com for record, and we will inform them for any updates.'

• 1 month later...

So, it's been a while, can anyone comment on a longer-run experience with the gun? How has it been holding up? Any new problems sprout up?

I'm kind of interested in getting one (since VFC AK-105 is nowhere to be found) and it would be nice to know what kind of issues I might end up with.