Japan Hobby Show - Tokyo Marui Teaser Trailer

GingaNinga

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it comes down in price then it will make a perfect loaner gun for someone like myself. I have loads of mates that want to come into the sport but I dont trust them with some guns for two reasons. Firstly, there is a tendency to break long guns by sitting/falling on them or whacking them on trees (solved by the rock solid front end system of the AK and overall compact size). Secondly, they throw massive burst of fire and I worry about the stress on my V2 based guns (solved because TM V3 is one of most reliable platforms).

Another advantage is the high ROF which is in keeping with my current loaning process whereby I often give away my best perfoming guns because otherwise I have a massive advantage over a newb and its too easy for me. Also if you give a newb a gun like this then they will instantly be drawn into the sport, all newbs love high ROF and the chance of actually hitting somebody at their first game - give 'em a *suitcase* gun and they will just get shot out of every game before they can experience the best part of the airsoft, WINNING. Ofcourse there is also the sexy looks, which are sure to captivate a newbie and drag them into the darkest depths of this expensive sport.

It still isn't ticking many boxes for realism and TBH it wouldn't look good in any themed game. However, it just goes to show that if a quality manufacturer like TM take on a design they can massively increase the sexiness. The chinese tactical AKs have all been very tacky and paintball markerish but TMs offering is just plain sweet - do want.

Local retailer Echigoya has started taking pre-orders.

Recce is 45,000 yen

Scar is 40,000 yen

AK is 23,000 yen

Foliage Warrior is 13,000 yen

Px4 price hasn't been released

Strong yen might make these prohibitive, but at least the prices are cheaper than what was advertised at the show.

It seems a bit odd for Marui to use such different systems. The Ak's, G36 and now SCAR using main body based recoil and the sopmod/socom with it's stock tube. I would have almost thought they could have used the same sort of system on the sopmod and then keep it the same for the whole range. Who knows.

If they go for the 416 I wonder if they'll use SCAR recoil or sopmod. Could do it either way really.

Still, more choice is a good thing. If I liked SCAR's I'd probably be delighted.

The same packaging constraint of the RS applies here. AR with its bore-chamber-buffer in one axis design kinda necessitate the moving mass to be in the buffer. While AK/G36/SCAR in real life all uses the over the barrel piston action, which means the receiver will have more space above the bore axis in this case for the recoiling mass....which otherwise is unused in AEG.

The same packaging constraint of the RS applies here. AR with its bore-chamber-buffer in one axis design kinda necessitate the moving mass to be in the buffer. While AK/G36/SCAR in real life all uses the over the barrel piston action, which means the receiver will have more space above the bore axis in this case for the recoiling mass....which otherwise is unused in AEG.

lol... well that and the AK/g36/scar have FOLDING STOCKS. Nowhere to put your fancy recoil buffer tube.

It seems a bit odd for Marui to use such different systems.

Hm...they invented version 1, version 2, version 2b, version 3 with minor modifications for all available models, version 4, version 5, version 6 in two different setups, version 7, version 8 and now version 2 EBB and version 3 AK EBB and G36 EBB. Where´s the beef? Guess they will handle this ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived