Japan Hobby Show - Tokyo Marui Teaser Trailer

GingaNinga

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say that I admire your restraint chaps. I was rather expecting some good old-fashioned Marui bashing.

Why? From that slide show all that it's possible to garner is that there's some kind of M4, AK, Pistol and SCAR on the way, and that's not a lot of detail. They could be AEGs, EBBs, GBBs absolutely anything; I'm sure you'd agree that anyone bashing a company based on some highly shadowed pictures that give no detail what so ever is being pretty stupid.

Why? From that slide show all that it's possible to garner is that there's some kind of M4, AK, Pistol and SCAR on the way, and that's not a lot of detail. They could be AEGs, EBBs, GBBs absolutely anything; I'm sure you'd agree that anyone bashing a company based on some highly shadowed pictures that give no detail what so ever is being pretty stupid.

And yet it still happens.

And will continue happen until Marui literally set up shop next door to every airsofter in the world and start handing out guns for free.

And yet it still happens.

And will continue happen until Marui literally set up shop next door to every airsofter in the world and start handing out guns for free.

You're quite right, and it genuinely leaves me wondering why that is, Marui might not be the perfect purveyor of airsoft guns and equipment but they're pretty damn good overall. You buy a TM gun, be it an AEG or a gas pistol, and you know you're getting something solid and more reliable than basically anything else out there. They innovate, their prices are quite reasonable considering how much they sink in to R&D and even though there's a lot of 'here's a gun we did earlier in a different colour' they still come out with plenty of new things, the EBB line of AKs/M4s is the biggest step forward in AEGs since they did the first one all those years ago.

Somehow I get the feeling that if some company out there stuck a gearbox in to a PKM/RPD/Bizon shell they'd be hailed as gods of innovation, yet a company spending loads of money and time on putting a really good new mechanism with recoil, firing stop on empty mag, bolt lock etc in to an existing gun gets no credit.

That is because they don't care about the user outside of Japan...its not their market....

That being said, most of the TM pistol don't really have that much issue with green gas. The Glock is a bit iffy on a few parts, but a bit of DIY work its fine....

Yet they still aren't building products for anywhere but japan, only few of there pistols can actually handle green gas. If they would realize that they would make a ton more

Pretty small detractors really, if you had a company in Canada wouldn't you be designing your products and selling them with the Canadian market in mind? This whole 'they only focus on japan' thing really is tosh, what exactly is wrong with all these 'japan focused' guns they make? The FPS is too low for the US market? That's all I can think of, far as I'm concerned the FPS on their guns is just fine, if it is slightly on the low side then their awesome hop units make up for that and then some.

That and all their recent pistols take GG just fine.... 1911a1, G17, 5-7, and so far the G18c takes it well. You can also swap out the spring for something with more umph as for a long time TM mechboxes have been known to take higher power springs better than most other makes.

kinnerly, it's just the typical newbie "anit-TM" talk, that derives from a complete lack of experience.

Tokyo Marui is an awesome company if you live in Japan.

I have sent in items that have broken, and they have fixed them and sent them back.

I had a tracer unit I had used for a year. The sensor was damaged, and turning on and off. I sent it in for them to look at, expecting a bill when it came back. Came back free of charge.

I can order parts directly from them, or use many of the after market parts out there. 95% of the time the guns will work out of the box for years if they are used within the parameters of how they are intended to be used... under 1J with middle of the road batteries.

I agree that overseas players might have less luck, and might have higher expectations, but in my opinion, TM are the ones to beat in Japan.

I hope to get to the hobby show and see what they are working on. If I don't make it, I will find some video and post them.

I have never had an issue with a TM unless it was mis-used by the prior owner (or myself in the case of my first P90, cheap BB was cheap and fragmented, with size able portions entering the gear box and stripping the piston.) They make quality solid guns for a premium price, but most newer players think TMs are over priced version of the china clones (which they have no idea are clones.)

TM have always been the company that other's should aspire too regarding to QC.

They're often disregarded by cynical users for making too many versions of the same gun, but they have to make back their money somewhere! I should hope that I need not remind our fellow forum users of the numerous contributions that they've made to Airsoft over the last decade-ish:).

just remember guys you can re-hash any gun for peanuts which makes large profits which then leads to some cool new stuff. but on a side note that AK might not be EBB because so far they have only made EBB AK74's and that pic shows its got a an AK47 reciever and pistol grip so who knows :S

Hard evidence of TMs awesome contribution is the wide range of guns that they produce (directly contradicting alot of peoples main issue with TM)

For instance, how many pistols does Classic Army make?

And how many AEGs does Marushin make?

How many EBBs does Dboys make?

Now think about how many guns of all types (spring, EBB, NBB, GBB, AEG) that Marui has produced and try to compare. Marui has so many that they print 20 page booklets to show 'em all off.

Archived