Japan Hobby Show - Tokyo Marui Teaser Trailer

GingaNinga

I'd be happy to show people around and even organise a game while you were here :)

I think it has been mentioned on the forums many times in various places, but it is illegal (or at the least a very shady grey area) to have metal pistols in Japan. Some sources have said that 50% or more is illegal, and I have had one field not allow a team mate to use his TM MEU after he put a metal slide on it...yet ironically stores can sell them here. Why? Because it isn't illegal to sell them, but it's illegal to install them? Or some case by case nonsense. It really depends on who you talk to and the mood officials are in.

TM really don't want to risk a run in with the law like Tanaka did over their Cassiopeia series. With the 1J laws, TM doesn't need to build for anything other than HFC. It is also a great opportunity for other companies as they can make upgrade parts and kits that cater to those that need or want them.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy to show people around and even organise a game while you were here smile.gif

I think it has been mentioned on the forums many times in various places, but it is illegal (or at the least a very shady grey area) to have metal pistols in Japan. Some sources have said that 50% or more is illegal, and I have had one field not allow a team mate to use his TM MEU after he put a metal slide on it...yet ironically stores can sell them here. Why? Because it isn't illegal to sell them, but it's illegal to install them? Or some case by case nonsense. It really depends on who you talk to and the mood officials are in.

TM really don't want to risk a run in with the law like Tanaka did over their Cassiopeia series. With the 1J laws, TM doesn't need to build for anything other than HFC. It is also a great opportunity for other companies as they can make upgrade parts and kits that cater to those that need or want them.

Out of interest and in a bid to secure my sanity, I could distincly remember that there were TM Airsoft Weapons sold at Yodobashi Camera (Akihabara branch) when I was in Tokyo for business in 2007. When I was there again in 2009, I searched the whole store and I could not find them, did they stop selling these? or was I completely off my head in the first place?rolleyes.gif

Good to see firearms laws the world over are thick... over here it used to be (might even still be) legal to own casings, bullets, propellant the tools to assemble those all into live ammo, yet illegal to manufacture it ;)

I am with frogfish on this, yes we are breaking TM GBBs on propane, but thats not what is designed for. Its no more warranting to complain about the car company when you are blowing your car's engine when you add nitrous oxide. The same reason why you would do extra work on your car when you try to use that, you should be doing extra work to reinforce your GBB if you want to run higher pressure gas. TM is already pretty good with being able to run propane on stock mag without it leaking, which is more than it could be said for a lot of other Japanese domestic brand. If you don't want to worry about the GBB breaking stick with the recommended diet of r134a, and live with that.

Why is it whenever i see people go on about TM breakages its more often than not someones "Friend of a friend" or "Guy at my local site.." or "Some dude at a game.."

For every factual personal experience i've seen of a TM breaking, i see five examples of TM guns being the dogs *badger*s, the bees knees, absolutely fantastic.

Hell i bought a TM 1911, all plastic, punches through a full mag, time after time, without fail. No damage to slide, nothing.

Well take a look at the 5-7 thread, that's an aftermarket slide BTW.... I've never seen or heard of anything like that on another TM GBB pistol, it may be due to the fact that the guarder slides are not good, or it could just be that the BBU is just that powerful.

Why is it whenever i see people go on about TM breakages its more often than not someones "Friend of a friend" or "Guy at my local site.." or "Some dude at a game.."

For every factual personal experience i've seen of a TM breaking, i see five examples of TM guns being the dogs *badger*s, the bees knees, absolutely fantastic.

Hell i bought a TM 1911, all plastic, punches through a full mag, time after time, without fail. No damage to slide, nothing.

only 5? It's gotta be at least a 40:1 ratio here excluding hideous abuse (dropping your pistol into a river, onto a rock and treading on it doesn't count as a TM breakage ;) ) In fact, one of the only problems I've ever seen with Stock TM pistols running Abbey Ultra or GG is a brand new TM P226 Mag popped its hammer valve and that happened to me ¬¬ and since I replaced that with a spare stock one, its been faultless.

The only thing that TMs are known to break, is the nozzle on Hi-Capa/1911(broke 3 on propane), and the front screw post on the Glock 17/18 frame(broke 3 on propane). Like I said, people need to recognize that when you are using propane, you are already out of its design parameter. Just because TM plays nicer(much nicer, mind you) with propane than a lot of the Japanese gun, does not mean it is propane proof. And if you know what you are doing, there are always work around.

I've had a TM M14 die, dunno what the hell happened to that as my mate was using it but probably just the bearings had gone or something I dunno.

Same guy killed my TM M3 shorty because he got a bit excitable cocking it. Wouldn't load correctly. Finally sort of bodged it into working but that required alot of force to load to fire and eventually ripped off the pistol grip.

I've also gone *albartroth* over tit running at full pelt and landed on a TM Thompson and smashed the motor cage into pieces.

Saying all that though, I do love my TMs. The M14 was the most accurate AEG at extreme range I have ever owned and the Thompson, the smoothest and mostly lovely (especially with the CAW woodkit) and all my pistols have been going fine for a long while now with continuous use on green gas. Apart from the Desert Eagle I dropped down the stairs, of course.

Doesn't the safety act as the decocker on the Px4?

Belive so. When the hammer is cocked and you pull down the safety it decocks and puts on the safety. when you then take the safety off it`s in DA.

Correct me if I`m wrong.

Wasn`t the show supposed to start this weekend?

lack of HK45 is dissapoint

Indeed, Ive been looking forward to that since the early clay models (or whatever thay are) that they showed in one of the other shows. Saying that, im sure theyll have something there to represent it, whether its a nearly working version or still a clay mock up we will see.

Well take a look at the 5-7 thread, that's an aftermarket slide BTW.... I've never seen or heard of anything like that on another TM GBB pistol, it may be due to the fact that the guarder slides are not good, or it could just be that the BBU is just that powerful.

Could you direct me to that thread? I thought the 57s had a plastic slide with some sort of metal inner reinforcement. And when i say plastic slide i mean even the after market ones are plastic arent they (or some polymer)?

Belive so. When the hammer is cocked and you pull down the safety it decocks and puts on the safety. when you then take the safety off it`s in DA.

Correct me if I`m wrong.

Wasn`t the show supposed to start this weekend?

Someone in the first page said it runs from the 14th-17th

Could you direct me to that thread?

Yep

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=171694&st=400

I thought the 57s had a plastic slide with some sort of metal inner reinforcement.

Creation made a metal inner slide that seems to be eating the innards, but otherwise everything except a few key parts are plastic.

And when i say plastic slide i mean even the after market ones are plastic arent they (or some polymer)?

Yes they are supposedly a stronger polymer. This isn't a problem aesthetically as even the real 5-7 uses a polymer slide.

:( There is NO news about the 1911 extended mag? I want 4, and the wait (its been months and months now, for a fairly simple and quick selling mag no less) is killing me. Also, I haven't seen it resurface in any other pics except from that one trade show (don't remember the name).

Dude thats from MAY!!!!! Wait til tomorrow, thats when this current fair hobby thing starts!

Archived