Me Vs the entire team

Sheffer1603

Hi guys,

Basically, im renting our local airsoft site out for me and 19 friends to celebrate my 18th birthday in March. Now they have challenged me, at the end of the day, to have a match where it's just me Vs the rest of them. What do you think the best tactic would be to assure the best chance of vicory?

I'm the most experienced of them, some of them have been once or twice but the rest are airsoft newbies tongue.gif there's a few girls going too, and they aren't exactly "combat able".

But yeah, what do you think is the best option for me?

Some info:

The area is hilly and bushy, with lots of places for ambush

I guns I will be taking will be my fully upgraded VSR-10, MP5 and M203 grenade launcher.

Hopefully you can help somehow, because it'l be epic if I win this!

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah, I have played this game many a time mate. We call it 'Hunt the Count' (remove the 'o').

The most I ever faced was 12 guys though. I once took out 6 in one go by being a total douchebag, as they left the point where they started I was hiding directly behind them. Unfortunately, that still left the 6 that went the other direction. In the end I got three more but then died.

Therefore, from my own experiences I can offer two pieces of advice:

1. If you can start real close to 'em where they won't expect it and where they are still bunched up then you can take out loads at once.

2. Resign yourself to the fact that you CANNOT take them all out, or even half. That way you may actually surprise yourself at how many you do actually kill.

Almost forgot - you could do the old SG-1 ambush trick - setup a defensive line* of claymores, and wait for the barstewards to come! When in range, blow the charges, then full-auto the survivors. Job done!

*Line can be replaced by square/circle/triangle, whatever best suits!

if your VSR is silent (well, REALLY quiet) then you can just pick them off 1 by 1. when they start coming towards your position, regress and take up a new position or try and get to a new position behind them. Rinse and repeat and eventually job will be done, very risky though :P

(if you are seen, dump the VSR and just lay down a lot of fire whilst moving quickly)

I still think in such a situation, weight of fire will be better and to leave the vsr out of it all together. A sparrow's fart will knock the bb off course given half the chance and significantly less bbs going down range will make it harder for you to take out as many as you can before they can rush you and make you pay.

Thanks for all the ideas! Some really good ones there biggrin.gif

I agree the VSR probably wont have a major role in this, but I like the stashing it then retrieving idea.

I think holding a bit of ground then flanking them might work, it's all about if they see me quick enough etc. The good thing about the VSR is that they're all s@#t scared of it.

If it's "open" woodland, and you can't naturally funnel their approach, go for defence in depth. IE try to keep them about 25-30 meters away, and pick them off quietly. When you get made, fall back and repeat.

Although not always the case, I tend to find that alot of time, this sort of group has a tendency to bunch together anyway. You don't often have to do any funneling yourself, they will do it for you.

• 1 month later...

I have taken 8 guys down in more than a few settings with no casualty, given the enemy skill level is low or medium, no/little command or leadership. 18 is a lot but isn't impossible. I would:

- Plan ahead: different firing positions, different exits etc

- Daisywheel your counter attacks (of course terrain dependent), that will help either pin down or box your enemies in.

- Know and use your terrain to every advantage possible.

- Don't attack front on, unless they are all lined up in a firelane.

- Initiate only when the enemies are visible in a small arc (ref last statement)

- Surprise, attack when least expected.

- Move and shoot to your different firing positions.

- Bite only what you can chew. Take 1-2 guys out at a time, and then withdraw, get to your next position.

- Keep a high volume of fire but only on your withdrawl, but only long enough to get out.

- Be wary of those guys who are natural fire support/DMR types, take them out first. I knew a guy who was a natural firesupport type (though he was totally ###### as a rifleman or pointman and had a survival rate of 0% at every engagement), who will hear incoming fire from 0-50m and instinctively get rounds down accurately on target (and this is semi-automatic fire). If only he took cover and actually survive each engagement.

One person CAN take out 6-8 guys in 1-2 minutes if you do it right, and will still have enough contingencies to keep the fight going.

• 1 month later...

Wow nothing like an impossible challenge eh.

The way I see it, there's no way you can take 19 people in a firefight, no matter how good you are and how good a position you're in (unless you're in a 200 ft high tower so their bb's can't reach you). I guess the best tactic is to do it guerilla style, so for starters, work out who the best people against you are. Then try and get them to split up - if it's a big site then this should happen more or less on it's own. I'd try and find them in groups of 2 or 3, and use the sniper to drop the best one of them. Hopefully the rest of the group will come after you, and if you've got a good ambush site you can drop 'em no problem. Or if the ambush tactic isn't the best, I guess just snipe one of them then move on. All in all a pretty impossible task, and only even remotely possible if you split them up, pick off the small groups, and keep moving so they don't bog you down.

Good luck!

use pyro and take them all out in one large group

Rather ambitious - I've had a few multi kills in my time but you'll never get 19 people with a grenade.

But this does raise a nice point - if there was a good ambush location they'd have to move into you could get some fast fuse wire and rig a few nades so you can blow 'em when the time is right. Or you could use timing fuse to set off distractions to help you move around - basically giving you the help of a second person w/o actually needing a second person.

1.Pray

2.Be ready to run like a scalded cat on meth amphetamine

3.Then get dug in like a good 'un- somewhere you'll see them first, with no route behind you....Make them come to you.

4.Set out your spare mags where it's easy to get at them...fumbling in a pouch is a no-no

5.Pray some more.

6.Resign yourself to a painful pwning and simply take as many of them with you as you can

OR

1. Shoot yourself in the foot 2 seconds after game on

2. Prudently adjourn to the pub.

:D

I found doing this worked quite well;

2guns.jpg

Admittedly, i was 'invincible' and could only be killed by a 203 shell, but in 40 minutes noone got close enough to land said 203 shell. Didn't bother counting the welts at the end of that...

*edit* - Just to clarify, the horses weren't on my team. Nor were they at any point in danger of being hit. They just live in a field near the site.

Archived