Me Vs the entire team

Sheffer1603

To try and make me go away i imagine... Still, i was wearing 3 layers so it wasn't that bad. The game organisers didn't count on me standing in an open field well out of range of any incoming 203 shots, which was where it all went wrong really.

But yeah, assuming you're not invincible, i'd say ambushing would be a good tactic. Maybe leave the 203 and Mp5 in pre-determined locations, start off with the VSR, pick a few off, run to the Mp5, then go for the 203 when you're about to be overwhelmed.

To try and make me go away i imagine... Still, i was wearing 3 layers so it wasn't that bad. The game organisers didn't count on me standing in an open field well out of range of any incoming 203 shots, which was where it all went wrong really.

But yeah, assuming you're not invincible, i'd say ambushing would be a good tactic. Maybe leave the 203 and Mp5 in pre-determined locations, start off with the VSR, pick a few off, run to the Mp5, then go for the 203 when you're about to be overwhelmed.

Good point... if it's just friends on site you can leave your weapons around, rather than having to lug them around with you. I've never been brave enough to do it at a skirmish but if you know everyone it's an option which might help a bit... just make sure you leave the guns where you can actually get to them later, and don't get cut off from them

• 2 weeks later...

Vaguely related, I was co-running a stag do on Saturday at my local site, and at the very end of the day, the marshal in charge says, 'Right Chris, you grab your pistols, the stag and his best mate get shorty M870s with one magazine each, and you have to get from the *albartroth* end of the field back to the safe zone, with the other 13 guys shooting at you with G36s. They're on one hit and dead, you three get unlimited lives. It's just a matter of how much pain you can take.'

So basically, we ran the gauntlet. All the guys on the stag do were complete novices, so I told the stag and his mate to stay behind me, take out as many targets as you can on the move, and don't get drawn into a firefight because we'll never make it back.

Started off pretty well. I had my TM Sig P226 and Desert Eagle, one mag each. The distance we had to cover was probably only around 300m, but in a thick pine forest, on ridiculously uneven ground, and up against 13 lads with assault rifles, it was a fair challenge. We got about 1/3 of the way without a hitch, but then the opfor started coming through. I had the advantage of knowing the layout of the field, so I took the path of least resistance, which eventually turned into the path of massive resistance. Obviously, we took plenty of hits, particularly the stag :D but I think the attackers 'forgot' their 'hit and dead' rule, and I took out 6 or 7 of them, only for them to recoil and start shooting again!

We made it through in the end, the stag and his mate did great at taking out their buddies under massive amounts of fire.

I also popped a few into the marshal for good measure, which was especially satisfying :)

The rules on this were a bit different to those of the OP, but fundamentally it was quite similar. Excellent fun though, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

A couple with a single pistol between them, and handcuffed to each other.

Well the wife did say 'i don't want to let you out of my sight'. Sounds like my ideal wedding.

Anyway, my answer is to do this (couldn't find a good video of it):

splintercellconviction2j.jpg

And just Mark and Execute.

Just be fast and have a very light loadout.

'FireKnife'

Spend some time finding 2 or 3 very defensible positions and just fall back to each one when you feel its right to do so, as said save the 203 shell till the bitter end and just hope that your final defense point can funnel them into a group, also try taking the higher ground so you get a slight range advantage over your opponents, plus its always easier shooting downhill than up. If they are afraid of your VSR it might be worth taking a shot as soon as you see the group as even if you miss and it hits a tree you'll find that often the sound of a 500fps round hitting a nearby object can be enough to put the shitters up many inexperienced airsofters :P

Archived