Emdom-MM Battle Suspender vs HSGI high Speed Suspender

danielsilva

Like the title says, which one to choose ... Emdom-MM Battle Suspenders or the HSGI high Speed Suspenders ?

My duty belt is getting a bit heavy ( the 4 WE M14 mags alone weight a ton ) so i decided to get some suspenders. I know and tried the suspenders from HSGI but i wanted something more "comfortable", like with padding.

I came across with the Emdom-MilitaryMorons Battle Suspenders and looks exactly what i wanted but i'm not very familiar with products made by Emdom.

Has anyone tried these suspenders or can give some first hand info about the quality of the products made by Emdom ?

The Emdom suspenders are well made, high quality and will fit a large number of belts but the padding is stiffer/thicker than just regular webbing like on the HSGI suspenders. If you have things like slings that go over your shoulder the suspenders can get in the way if you try to take the sling off in a hurry, for most people that's not a problem, but it's just something worth mentioning.

MilitaryMoron has a review of them up on his website as it is his product, and my general consensus is if he uses it consistently it's a good product.

http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/firstline.html#emsus

Another option is the Crye Suspenders, I've been using both and I find the EMDOM suspenders can get a little uncomfortable under a PC, but the Crye suspenders can dig in a little under very heavy loads, do remember I mean heavy they were designed to support a fully loaded blast belt.

Another thing to consider is moving from a duty belt to a "battle" belt, or padded molle belt. I highly recommend the ATS warbelt and the diamondback tactical battle belt.

Just as a side note I ordered teh EMDOM/MM duty belt to go in my ATS warbelt, it has not arrived yet, but it seems like they are out of stock on a lot of other items. If they don't have what you are looking for try www.SKDtac.com

I actually switched to a duty belt from a padded molle belt, i found the padded molle belt to be a bit bulky for my tastes. I prefer the extra rigidity and "lightness" my WAS Duty Belt provides.

I change the pouches depending on what gun i'll use ( m4/pdw or m14 ) and using a larger belt like the padded molle belt i had interfered with the RICAS, specially when crouching etc

I won't be using this setup with a PC ( when using the m14 ), most times i won't use anything else other than a camelback or/and at most the Eagle Low Vis armor, so that's really not a problem for me. This is why i was looking for some suspenders with padding cause although i didn't found the HSGI suspenders uncomfortable per se, after a few hours carrying such heavy loads the straps began to sink a bit on the shoulders and it got a bit uncomfortable to wear them while running around.

I was just wary because i never handled/tried products made by Emdom and i didn't want to spend quite a few € in something i didn't had much info ;)

I actually switched to a duty belt from a padded molle belt, i found the padded molle belt to be a bit bulky for my tastes. I prefer the extra rigidity and "lightness" my WAS Duty Belt provides.

I change the pouches depending on what gun i'll use ( m4/pdw or m14 ) and using a larger belt like the padded molle belt i had interfered with the RICAS, specially when crouching etc

Keeping this in mind you may actually like the ATS war belt, it's a "low profile" sleeve for a duty belt, so it would go over the belt you already have. I use mine with an eagle duty belt and like it quite a bit more than my other thicker belts. here is an image to give you an idea, again just a suggestion,

DSC01204.jpg

I was just wary because i never handled/tried products made by Emdom and i didn't want to spend quite a few € in something i didn't had much info ;)

EMDOM is a boutique gear shop that mostly caters to HSLD types or gear whores, they produce things in small volume with very high QC, but this also drive the price up. For example the EMDOM/MM duty belt is essentially made to order, including the buckle. Their stuff is very nice, but as with any piece of gear, just because it's well made and nice dosen't mean you'll like how it fits/looks/works, that's all individual taste.

MilitaryMoron has reviewed just about all of their products, so spend some time on his site and see what you can learn

www.militarymorons.com

Not had any problem ordering from SKD to the UK. Well, besides the inevitable customs and "handling" charges inflicted at this end. SKD are prompt and the online stock is accurate. The only frustration from an international perspective is where things aren't in in the colour/size you want and you have to decide if you want to go ahead with an order for a couple of items or wait for everything to be in at once...

The MM/Emdom belt is on my list now as well, simple, but exactly what I'm looking for. It's just the long wait that's the problem.

Just made the order and not only do they ship internationally, they didn't asked for absurd shipping charges ( *wink* Blackhawk store *wink* ). Payed 38USD/27EUR for EMS which is in line with European charges for the same service.

Now i just need to buy some more TT pouches and im set. Thanks for teh info.

The MM/Emdom belt is on my list now as well, simple, but exactly what I'm looking for. It's just the long wait that's the problem.

25 days is a bit of a wait, but it's because they have to wait for ITW to make the buckles, they basically put an order into ITW when they get enough belt orders to make a run of buckles.

Good to know about SKD shipping internationally.

Archived