Measurments Needed

Fighting Maus

I am working on a custom AEG, and am currently modelling it up in Solid Works 2011 CAD software. I plan on using an A & K M249 gearbox and hopup assembly for the guts, but dont currently own said weapon system. I would like to ask any owners of an M249 (specifically the one by A & K) to pull their gearbox and post for me the following. I would prefer the measurements should be in inches please, but milimeters will do as well I can convert.

Length - I need the overall length of the gearbox shell, from the front to the rear of the motor mount. Do not include the air nozzle.

Width - Side to side at the thickest part. My guess is it will be 1.25" wide or so.

Height - Bottom of the shell to the top of the shell.

Currently I am using the gearbox dimensions of a M60 as a stand in for the M249, as they share a similar layout. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have an M249 shell with no gearbox, but I did take measurements of the said shell to make plans and dimensions of a CNC'd gearbox :) Will that do?

ETA: Reread post, and my input probably won't help but I am more than willing to provide if you want.

Actually, that may be a great deal of help as well. I will eventually need M249 receiver dimensions. That way when the 249 guts are removed they should "drop into" my project gun without any issues.

Feel free to PM or email me the info if you dont wish to post it here.

Thanks.

Archived