Airsoft Mortar

Marlowe

well regardless of what they are made from(im sure ive seen ones made from mirored glass) the diference is a face full of glass or a face full of metal. to be honest I wouldnt be checking to see which it is, Id be screaming obsenitys :P

Even safer version for a mortar would be this:

So you've mentioned the spring mechanism for it, that would work really well but you've already got a spring :P .. clay pigeon launcher. springs on that are somewhere, between i think 50 and 200 joules to sling a clay pigeon, if you get one of those then you would really need something to tense the spring.

As for the shell, paper machie or simple balsa wood and paper sheel will work wonders, 3 1/4 inch balsa, work on it till you get the shell and then load the head up with about 2,000 bb's ;) .. then get a kidde's firecracker and gently, insert it into the back of the shell, once fired the fuse is lit and on the way down when it's a few inches above the ground firecracker explodes shooting bb's everywhere.

Sorry for the long post.

Night_raven

Custom pyros aren't a topic that can be covered safely in the forums as the ideas posted (like some that I have just removed from this thread) would most likely verge on criminal behaviour if carried out in the UK. This topic is heading off in that direction pretty quickly.

Simply, if something has a barrel through which you project anything, and if when fired upon a person at near point blank range it has the capacity to either cause injury or worse, then it would most likely be considered a firearm in the UK.

Devising ways on here to project pyros themselves is a BIG no no.

Heavy warheads with foam tips are not safe either, as they tumble in the air and would crush someone's skull should they fall from the sky.

Large home-brew chemical reactions that seem simple and possibly safe on the outset, can again be highly dangerous.

Anything that produces pressure in a pipe to project a projectile is at risk of structural failure and becoming a lethal "pipe-bomb" should the projectile become galled or otherwise stuck in the pipe.

The simplest way to think of things such as this is through overall energy. If something has to physically do a lot (like lobbing a heavy payload), it most likely has to be organised by licensed professionals with practical experience in such a field. Anything that explodes or simulates an explosion is to be operated and conducted under legal circumstances by bonefied professionals only, most likely someone with appropriate pyrotechnic licenses.

The list goes on I'm afraid; so thread closed.

Archived