G1098 Tactical Gear

Real Deal UK Tactical Manufacturer

Ok folks, here is a quick picture review of some pouches that I picked up recently for various loadouts.

Typically I use Warrior Assault Systems and Blackhawk pouches, but I feel somewhat restricted by the colours/availability and price of those brands. After a bit of research I found out about G1098 - a British company who make mil-spec gear as used by UK troops around the world, as such all their gear is hardwearing, well thoughtout and warrantied against defects.

G1098 make a wide range of pouches, plate carriers and chest rigs which are available in the following colours: OD/Tan/Black/DPM/DDPM/ACU/M81/Tri-Colour/Tiger Stripe/Multicam + a MTP type camo which matches the latest UK issue kit.

THIS is the G1098 website and some info about their products:

Dedicated to Quality and Design

All our equipment is fully field tested prior to production in all environments and only goes into production after positive feedback from our field testers.

When we design a new product we use are military back ground and take advice from serving service personal so that all kit is fully compatible and up to date with issued equipment.

All products are made to mil-spec using mil-spec materials and construction.

All areas of stress are reinforced and strengthened with double stitch and bar tacked.

Nylon fabrics used in manufacture are BS EN 1421:1998 compliant.

The Nylon fabrics that we use in all our products is 900D or 1000D Nylon and 1000D Cordura Nylon we will not use any lower grade fabric. 1000 Denier Nylon and Cordura Nylon are heavy weight nylon with a waterproof PU coating.

Excellent tear and rip strength very abrasion resistant, both Nylon and Cordura Nylon fabrics are amazingly tough versatile water-resistant.

We do not use polyester fabric with PVC backing on any of our products.

Failure is not an option

I picked up the following pouches from Dingodogs Airsoft and Tactical Shop who are a mainline G1098 supplier and have a huge stock of items in:

# Large General Utility Pouch (LUPG) (Multicam) - £18.00

# Medic/Utility Pouch (MEDP) (OD Green) - £20.00

# Double M4 Pouch (M4D) (Coyote Tan) - £20.00

# Admin Panel (ATD1) (OD Green) - £13.00

# Single Pistol Magazine Pouch (Multicam) - £10.00

g1098reviewpictures018.jpg

g1098reviewpictures003.jpg

g1098reviewpictures004.jpg

Edited by Scuffer

Large General Utility Pouch + Single Pistol Magazine Pouch (Multicam)

A large pouch which I plan on using as a bulk magazine carrier (can easily hold 6 M4 mags) or to dump all my extra bits and bobs in (size wise - it's pictured next to a PMAG).

The pouch like all the G1098 stuff is rugged and well made, it features a buckle and velcro closer flap meaning that everything remains secure inside even if you don't have time to do the buckle and sinch the strap down. On the rear it takes up 4 MOLLE columns - I found the actual MOLLE straps to be a better design than the likes of Warrior and the Blackhawk speedclip design due to them using a ridged strap on the main part with a more flexable upper, this combination means that the pouch stays on securely but is also easy to weave on and attach. To attach additonal pouches there are 2 columns of MOLLE on both sides of the pouch.

The single pistol pouch features an adjustable cover, making it useful if you are using it to hold a variety of pistol mags or accessories.

It's pictured next to a TM Sig 226 mag, multi-tool and Surefire Backup. I found the pouch perfect for carrying any of these as it could be tightened down or the cover placed on the inside allowing a open top/quicker draw.

g1098reviewpictures008.jpg

g1098reviewpictures007.jpg

g1098reviewpictures009.jpg

g1098reviewpictures010.jpg

g1098reviewpictures011.jpg

g1098reviewpictures012.jpg

g1098reviewpictures013.jpg

Medic/Utility Pouch + Admin Panel (OD Green)

I particularly like the design of the Medic/Utility pouch; once mount and unzipped it folds flat out, with the numerous internal straps and pocket providing lots of space/ability to hold kit down and access it easily. For me this pouch is going to be holding my BFG in the main compartment and the tools/reloads in the internal pocket. Externally it has a small mesh pocket which is fully sealed by velcro and an additional strap.

The admin panel has tons of velcro for all those 'neccessary' airsoft patches as well as 2 columns of MOLLE for small accessory pouches and an internal flat pouch.

g1098reviewpictures006.jpg

g1098reviewpictures005.jpg

g1098reviewpictures016.jpg

g1098reviewpictures017.jpg

Overall I'm very impressed with the build quality of the pouches and the thought that's gone into the design of some of them, small additions such as better quality poppers/buckles and MOLLE straps makes all the difference when it comes to pouches lasting, this combined with the 5 year operational guarrantee reassures me when spending on equipment.

Price, value for money and availability wise they blow Warrior Gear (limited colours/long waits between batches) and Blackhawk (prohibitive prices) out of the water and offer a wide range of pouches/rigs/bags to suit any need. I love the fact that nearly all of their products come in a range of different camos/colours meaning that they have the flexabilty to add to any loadout that you could think of. In addition to this there are great deals to be had on their fully loaded rigs.

I plan on buying a few more of their products so I'll update the thread as I go.

If anybody has any questions etc just post away and I'll try to answer them.

View @ G1098 Tactical

Buy @ Dingodogs Airsoft + Tactical Shop

Cheers

Tim