G&P Dual Laser Designator and Illuminator

Can you provide the height of the top of the unit down to the rail, while the unit is mounted; I would like to know how much the unit will block my fov while using a red dot/BUIS.

It's about 1 - 1/8" not counting the adjustment dials (those are off to the side)

I forgot to mention, when I mounted the dbal to my gun (it took the same real estate as the peq). the vfc tape switch did not fit the G&P dbal. the g&p jack is slightly longer and thicker, however i don't have any measurments. I don't have any other laser remote switches to test out however.

I just tried plugging in my headphones - and they fit! obviously they won't do anything, but i can say that the dbal will fit shure se210 <- whatever that size is.

Edited by user7

That makes sense. The G&P uses a 3.5mm mono (or stereo) jack, while the VFC uses a 2.5 mm mono jack. Someone can probably rewire the cables if need be. Not me though. I'm pretty horrible when it comes to wiring those particular cables. I've tried it in the past. Didn't go well. :mellow:

Just tested my out...

Laser is powerfull, but iluminator is superb!

You can focus it to iluminate more than 100m away, or defocus it enough for room clearing(kinda').

It is pretty heavy but seems sturdy enough for everyday use.

QD knob takes some force to clamp down on rail(KA MRF), so don't be afraid to use some muscle(alltho I don't see how it's "Quick" detach...)

As user7 mentioned, remote switch is "constant on" type, so I'll exchange it for a standard pressure switch ASAP.

Adjustment dials on both sides rattle alittle, but they seem sturdy enough not to fall off.

Great peace of kit, great job G&P!

Edited by Morbidus
  • 1 month later...

Got my G&P Dbal 1-2 weeks ago, didn´t had the chance to test the IR laser/illuminator yet

but overall impression and built quality is very good for a replica.

The main body seems very sturdy and the red laser is really powerfull in the "Hi-Power" mode.

Only thing that I found a bit odd is that there´s a small green LED at the back of the device

that glows when you activate a laser and/or the illuminator

...well, sure usefull to avoid accidental activation of the IR stuff

but it´s actually not very helpfull when a LED illuminates your face during some night action :blink:

However, I think I will cover the LED for the most part with some black color to make it less visible.

..some pics:

dscn4029.jpg

dscn4031q.jpg

dscn4032z.jpg

More here: http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3975&sid=0fd7cacd39037ef124b3c9a63810678f&p=43084#p42803

DOC

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the review User7!

You did a great job of covering all the important points and I'm definitely interested in picking up one of these units now. They've gotta be the best bang for your buck in terms of an combination visiable & IR laser set for airsoft use, and while a bit narrow in beam size the illuminator doesn't seem too bad either :)

The only thing I'm wondering at this point is if anyone has tried this unit with http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/flashlights/flashlight-accessories/g-p-flashight-switch-paq-4.html]G&P's standard tape switch that's made for the PAQ-IV / PEQ-II [/font]laser yet. It looks like it should have the same jack size, I'm just wondering if it will function properly with the DBAL or not. If it does work I'd definitely be down for buying a DBAL in the not too distant future ^_^

My device stopped working fine after just one shooting session :(

IR laser defocused, it seems that the lens broke for some reason(definitely not rough handling). I have NO idea how to fix that since G&P won't send me the replacement part.

Also, my remote switch stopped working pretty soon, I'll try the Element one from PEQ16 this week, and if that doesn't work, I'll make one from old ACM lamp pressure switch I have lying around.

All in all: not a bad product, but I'm not sure how good it would fare in normal field use :waggle:

Edited by Morbidus

I have pretty similar issues with mine...

The unit still works but only in the "constant on" mode when switched to it on the unit itself,

the cable switch and even the "on/off" switch on top of the unit stopped working without any reason :blink:

while it worked perfectly when I got it.

I have absolutely no clue what happened, I did not fielded or even dropped it,

it just layed arround mounted on a gun without using it.

I really did nothing to the unit that could have caused this!

...very strange and anoying for such an expensive replica :angry:

@Morbidus:

the Element remote switches does not work with the G&P due their different jack size

but you can allways try to re-solder the jacks though I don´t think it´s the switch that stopped working,

rather then a electrical problem with the unit itself..

DOC

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I'm wondering at this point is if anyone has tried this unit with http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/flashlights/flashlight-accessories/g-p-flashight-switch-paq-4.html]G&P's standard tape switch that's made for the PAQ-IV / PEQ-II [/font]laser yet. It looks like it should have the same jack size, I'm just wondering if it will function properly with the DBAL or not. If it does work I'd definitely be down for buying a DBAL in the not too distant future ^_^

On your hunch, I bought a g&p tape switch [for ehobby asia]

It does fit the jack, but it still is a constant on no matter which mode it is in. meaning if I squeeze and release the tape switch it is on and stays on until I press it again.

I think the lesson here is that as good as G&P may be when making airsoft weapons where they fail is when moving to accessories such as optics and illumination devices etc, or should i say it is very hit and miss with them as they seem to just rebrand some cheapsoft on occasion which although it may give them some short term profit it also means people are less likely to buy their own higher end stuff.

• 6 months later...