Benelli M1014

Schaap

I finally milled the trigger. It fits but it requires some minor modifications to the mechbox shell...

I'll redesign it a bit so it will fit easier!

By the way... It's milled out of a solid block of aluminum weighing 200gramms... The trigger is only 10gr :D

triggerq.jpg

triggercomp.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the prototype shell door. Not sure if I'll be able to test it yet, I'll likely have to wait until I have the free time of the weekend.... Looks pretty nifty, though I am dubious about how long the printed polymer prototype will hold up. Only time will tell (not that it really matters).

• 1 month later...

If you are serious about a kit or fully assembled product, I am 100% serious about buying one. I'm going to OP Pine Plains this June, and as its semi only in buildings and the MOUT site, a multishot semiautomatic shotgun is the best possible design. The only thing stopping me from an M1100 is that I can't find shells for it anywhere and its laundry list of problems. Your model seems to fix the later and bartering and searching should solve the first.

Tokyomodelcompany used to sell the shell for $12 / 5. They seem to be asking $20 now.. darn!

The shells are pretty commonly found second hand too.

I've been working more than 10 hours a day on my Masters-thesis, so it's very hard for me to work on the M1014 in the meanwhile.

The good thing is, I currently work for a company that sells laser technology. It gave me the chance to put some pretty nice trademarks on the receiver (deep engraved).

The shell carrier sheet metal design is finished and should get laser cut before the end of this month.

If you're willing to make reinforced internals for the M1100, you got me interested. Especially considering that I'm able to source a M1100 for half the money. If there's a solution for "internals made of butter" problem, I think I might have a new interesting replica.

If you're willing to make reinforced internals for the M1100, you got me interested. Especially considering that I'm able to source a M1100 for half the money. If there's a solution for "internals made of butter" problem, I think I might have a new interesting replica.

Other than the shell carrier and the extractor lip, the internals are surprisingly pretty reliable. If Schaap ever makes a shell carrier, you can modify the extractor on your own easily. The mod I have been doing has been running reliably for people without any problems while rigged to external Co2.

• 2 weeks later...

I had been following your thread with interest in the fact that it was some nice custom work, but now I am following this thread with interest in the shell followers since I just picked up two 1100's and an 870. One of the 1100's and the 870 have a broken shell follower so now I am really hoping your newly designed arms work well, as I would definitely buy a couple. These guns are just too much fun to have inoperable!

Seems to be a steady growing list, nice!

True, the M1100 is one enjoyable piece of kit. Honestly, the design of the shell carrier is no exact science (I wish!)

The original cast one is just completely different from anything you can stamp. However, the prototypes (3 versions) have brought me close enough to something that should work pretty reliable. Further testing with prototyping is impossible, because they have too much flex. So it is time to make a batch of metal ones!

I'm hoping to start milling on the die very very soon...

• 3 weeks later...

Certainly looking forward to your progress, I'm pretty much a coinflip away from getting a new M1100 off redwolf, and having actual replacement parts of quality sounds excellent. One question about tokyomodelcomany though, as excited as I am about the shells, the website feels a little sketchy since there's nowhere for me to put in my state or country (perhaps they already know thanks to the postal code?) and it says shipping is $0 for all options. Perhaps they're just generous though haha.

I figure if your modifications aren't ready in time for my June op, the gun should still be in fine order. Also, with redwolf they offer the Clarence Lai Upgrade, would this be worth the cost or should I keep it stock?

Best of luck on the project, the emptiness of my wallet depends on it!

Tokyomodelcompany uses the same system as UNCompany: checking out first, receive shipping quotation later.

About the state: I have no clue. If you have any questions, they are very helpful and quick in replying e-mails!

I remember reading something about the CL upgrade, IRC, it was not worth it... at all.

The output valve can be 'flowed' for extra output power if you'd need it.

The raw steel for the punch & die has been ordered; shouldn't take too long to get here.

I've also ordered 5 CNC machined magazine tubes. They are a bit expensive (for a tube), but I couldn't wait any longer.

They should be here by the end of the week.. I'll keep you guys up to date!

My M1100 and 20 shells are on their way and should arrive next week. So from what I've read what I should do immediately to make it green gas acceptable is to replace the stock's tubing, put o rings around the shells, and secure the charging handle, anything I missed? Also, what am I going to need to do to prepare it for your kit, I'm still new to gas guns so I want to give myself a lot of time to get ready.

Oh yeah, have you solved the question of how you're powering the M1014 yet? It looks like it might be possible to change the DE's stock to accommodate the M1100's gas tank, but I'm not sure how sturdy that is.

Just excuse my intrusion, have been following the project and some days ago in a forum a XXX tried to sell a marui spas12 METAL STOCK for 800€ saying that as the stock is no longer or will available it IS worth that much, as you seem to have the tools, time and knowledge, could I ask for the next project being this SPAS12 stock?? I googled and googled and even RS ones are impossible to find but I am sure would cost less than 800€ and would sell really well.

@notrabies: have fun! Did you order the shells from TMC?

The stock tubing is sufficient on the M1100 Revision/Defender ones, the problem was kinking of the tubing in full stock models.

Putting O-rings on the shells will indeed increase the lifetime of both the extractor and shells.

As for what preparation is necessary for the kit: currently, pieces of the magazine tube must be re-used and a small piece of the mechbox must be cut off... All of that might change in the future.

The power source:

It - might - be possible to use the original gas tanks, but it would require modifications to the plastic; I'm not sure how to tackle that, yet.

Secondly, the original gas tanks cannot be found anywhere.

Thirdly, the tanks tend to leak on propane.

Considering the above, I am seriously thinking of not to bother and go for a HPA/CO2 external rig.

I called the machine shop on wednesday to ask if they finished the magazine tubes yet... Even though they promised they would be done last friday, they seem to have forgotten about the whole thing... Very annoying!

shame I would need the mauruzen to do it but I would be tempted if I had the money *sighs* but if you were willing to sell triggers and maybe the door and maybe trademarked bits to fit the DE I could live with a pump only version that looked real lol. anyway I am working on a loadout that uses the M3 but I love the idea of the M104.

So I've just gotten my M1100 in, and I'm wondering how exactly I need to put the O-rings on the shells. Do I just slide them in front of the lip or do I need to cut a small groove in them so it rests right over the lip? I must say the build quality on this thing is great, its gonna be tough to butcher up for the M1014, but almost certainly worth it. And while I was at it, I ended up getting a used M870 pistol grip and another 24 shells, I'm gonna bring back the role of a shotgunner if it kills me.

If you get the right o-rings (specs are on AS Barracks I think, Jin15 had a great guide) you should be able to just slide them on over the shells. Also, if you are in need of a shellcatcher, check out: http://www.brasscatchers.com/store/brasscatcher.html#_136

the things I'd worry about are the shell door snapping (it WILL happen to you eventually, hence why this shell one will be such a blessing and godsend) and (if you don't do the o-ring thing) the extractor wearing down and causing FTEs (which are a right PITA to clear, especially with a shellcatcher on).

Also, I've heard (this hasn't happened to me yet) that the stock tubing is prone to swelling and bursting on GG.

I also recommend sealing the tubing to the related nozzles with either some silicone sealant or PTFE tape, and sealing the internal chamber thing (in the gun itself) with the same.

If you get the right o-rings (specs are on AS Barracks I think, Jin15 had a great guide) you should be able to just slide them on over the shells. Also, if you are in need of a shellcatcher, check out: http://www.brasscatchers.com/store/brasscatcher.html#_136

the things I'd worry about are the shell door snapping (it WILL happen to you eventually, hence why this shell one will be such a blessing and godsend) and (if you don't do the o-ring thing) the extractor wearing down and causing FTEs (which are a right PITA to clear, especially with a shellcatcher on).

Also, I've heard (this hasn't happened to me yet) that the stock tubing is prone to swelling and bursting on GG.

I also recommend sealing the tubing to the related nozzles with either some silicone sealant or PTFE tape, and sealing the internal chamber thing (in the gun itself) with the same.

I've been following that guide since before I got the gun just to see what I needed, here it is for everyone else: http://www.airsoft-barracks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14752

O-ring size is not mentioned, I'm using #35 (11/16" x 9/16" x 1/16") and there's not way I can slide them onto the rim. Is there a kind of o-ring I'm not aware of that has a groove manufactured in? All the one's I've seen are cylindrical all the way around.

As for removing the stock tubing, any advice? I've been trying to remove the nozzle from the hose just so I can trim it down to size and lessen kinks, and I've had no luck all day long. I don't want to just cut the hose immediately in case I can't remove the rest of the hose from the nozzle, but I'm low on options here. I'll look into getting a tougher hose eventually, but for now I'm just on the basics.

Shellcatchers are next on my list of upgrades, but I'm looking for a mesh or tough fabric design, as the rigid ones store very few shells and take up a lot of space. I might fashion my own out of a pair of running shorts if all else fails. EDIT: Just found this: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=855937 If I put a velcro strip on the other side of the ejection port, this will secure it around the port and be easily removable to fix jams. Hard to go wrong for $9.

Also, I did cave in today and fire 16 shells through it on green gas, and I was amazed. Perhaps the new M1100 are different than the older ones, because with 7-9 bbs I was getting maybe a 6 foot grouping and all shots going past 50 feet before I lost sight (it was dusk). My extractor, shell door, and gas line all look brand new, but I'd love to get the o-rings and gas line settled before I use it anymore. I can't believe people don't use these for CQB, surely the 30 minutes to an hour of work to get this thing to last is worth its performance. The only thing I noted is that when you run low on gas, shells stovepipe a lot until the action doesn't cycle and you just shoot low velocity pellets which isn't an issue because you just re-gas and you're good to go.

The O-ring does not have to slide over the the rim, it has to sit flush against it. I've seen pictures of it a while ago, but I can't seem to find them right now. My apologies for that.

I can't believe people don't use these for CQB

Yes, I've seen it only once on the field... The next day I decided to start working on the M1014 (more than a year ago; wow). A little indication of how epic I think the M1100 is :D

I'm getting quite depressed about the fact that the materials for the punch & die still hasn't arrived; as I wanted these to be finished a long time ago... The company that promised me to deliver the tool steel is seriously disappointing me!

I know a lot of you guys are waiting for this part...

Archived