Benelli M1014

Schaap

Oh okay, now I understand it. I was thinking that the extractor needed to hit the o-ring, but the way its actually working is that the o-ring is minimizing time and distance traveled before the shell hits the extractor, thus lowering the force during impact. Now I''m confident enough to start turning heads at the local CQB place.

Have you tried contacting the company about the steel yet? 2 weeks should allow enough time for delivery anywhere in the world unless customs got involved, which wouldn't make sense for steel.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in exciting news I got to skirmish my M1100 today, and it was phenomenal. 8 shots per shell is a bit much, but the spread is awesome and the fear factor is insane. Only 2 hit calling issues all day long, and those were very quickly resolved with a follow up shot. I cannot wait to get the folding M1014 stock on this system, since the length was the only thing that held me back, but its good as it is.

- It's coming -

I finally got the steel for the punch and die. Unfortunately, the magazine tubes still aren't done... Man, things would be so much easier if I had a lathe!

The following weeks are going to be very busy for me, but I'll try to mill the guiding blocks for the punch and die. Making a die isn't exactly something you want to rush, though!

Everything takes a lot of time, and I was kind of hoping the carrier wouldn't be all that difficult to make. Oh boy, how wrong was I! :D However, the more I read these "scattering carrier horror stories", the more I'm sure that this part deserves all the attention it gets.

As for the rest of the shotgun: there isn't that much left to do.

The magazine tube is basically what holds this shotgun together!

I hate to say this, but funding it all is one of the biggest challenges at the moment. Good tooling and fixtures is incredibly expensive.

I've been designing a few fixtures and making toolpaths for producing the shotgun in a more cost-effective way.

Most time goes into changing fixtures and tools (I have to do them by hand), so producing them in larger quantities (PMs welcome) would definitely make life easier for me.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate those comments!

For those of you who do not own a Double Eagle M1014 yet, a few stores seem to have it back in stock... great news!

Some brass bushings for the punch & die came in on friday, all that is left is receiving the proper cutters.. and some time to get started on the project! ETA end of June, early Juli.

I've ordered a pretty huge amount (enough for 10+ rails) of EGW picatinny rail extrusions. The rail is one of the things I've been looking forward to machining since the beginning (besides finishing the whole darn thing :P)

I still hope someone (uscmCorps, if you read this...) pops up with accurate measurements on the bolt spacing of the rail!

EDIT: Just read your post Bando.

The gas system is TBD. I've had a lot of questions regarding this. Some are willing to use an external rig. Benefits are easy installing, 'infinite shooting' and higher power.

An internal magazine would be at preference for most users, but while the interchangeable system as original M1100 is pretty good, the cartridges cannot be found easily and leak on propane/GG. It would also be one hell of a work to made the cartridges fit the grip. Plastic.. yuk!

A viable solution for those who would want an internal gas storage would be a full stock; I think!

• 4 weeks later...

Random question about the gas system: Is the stock tube large enough to fit a CO2 capsule? If it is wouldn't that offer a super easy to swap and easy to carry gas solution? Best of luck on those mag tubes by the way, it looks great so far!

Gee... It has almost been a week since you posted; sorry about that!

The stock tube cannot fit a CO2-capsule. It would indeed be an easy way (the M1100 is pretty gas efficient anyway) for sure. However, regulating the pressure to an acceptable limit would be a whole other issue...

I finally had some free time to work on the project again. I (almost) finished the holder/guidance plates for the punch and die. It was a lot to machine, but it came out pretty well. The whole punch & die thing should be finished by the end of july.. I hope you guys can still wait!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Almost two months since my last update... wooo :-/

There has been a lot of changes in my personal life (graduated, job,...)... but, things are settling now, and I'm ready to make some free time for this project again!

I made some plastic calipers to hold the picatinny rail in my vice, so I could cut it to length and mill out the grooves.

So making rails is now just a matter of clamping and pushing the "GO" button. Nice.

p1030963small.jpg

As far as the lifter/shell carrier goes, I will laser cut 10-20 carrier blanks out of 1.5mm thick aluminum. I'll keep you guys informed.

I think you can pretty much sign me up for 3 lifters if you'd like, and have you given any thought to improving the extractor? I don't have the tools to tap holes, (or the confidence to do so) so unless I can arrange with someone else, I'm not gonna have too much luck with a beautiful M1014 lasting very long.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone mind sharing what I'd need to run one of these off external air/CO2? I have no experience with external setups so I'm afraid I'm rather clueless, besides needing a tank, a line, and a regulator.

I'll keep working on the M1014/M1100 until it is flawless... It does take a lot of time and patience. For that, thank you those who still follow this project!

I drilled the holes in the rail, but more importantly and exciting... I found some time to make these:p1030970f.jpg

I can't wait to punch the first one into shape!

Archived