Benelli M1014

Schaap

Any progress on the lifters yet? My M1100 revision's just snapped. Its not of very high priority since its extractor is nonexistent at this point, but I would love to get it back in shape.

Also, not to derail, but if anyone would be willing to perform the extractor mod on one of my M1100's I'd be eternally grateful, as mine are both too chewed up to use anymore. Luckily, my M870 is a barrel of fun at the moment.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I figured it was time to do my part to help out the project. I just emailed redwolf airsoft to see if they'd be interesting in getting in more shell doors from maruzen, or in creating a custom airsoft surgeon piece made out of better material. I figure its a pretty marketable pitch since they'll be able to sell the M1100 as an actually fixable/reliable replica, but I imagine it'll get shot down. But hey, asking a shop that custom machines tons of parts all the time seems like a pretty reasonable idea to me. If they get back to me, I might make a new thread to show support for the idea. Wish me luck!

Well I hate to double post, but I just made an exciting breakthrough! By placing and securing a piece of duct tape over the extractor, it seems to solve the stovepiping. While I imagine it will fall off eventually, it actually works better then when I first got mine in due to the grippy texture on the tape. Even if it doesn't last, placing another piece of duct tape only takes a few minutes, and eventually I bet I can find an excellent manner of securing it on there.

or in creating a custom airsoft surgeon piece made out of better material. I figure its a pretty marketable pitch since they'll be able to sell the M1100 as an actually fixable/reliable replica, but I imagine it'll get shot down

Wait... What? I've put days of work into the project so far. Besides time, I've already spent a nice amount of $$'s on 2 or 3 rapid prototype models, the raw material, necessary tooling and such to finish the dies. I'd feel pretty upset if this would all render up useless.

I'll be abroad in december, so I've set the deadline for the lifters on mid-november. I'm currently waiting on a final deliver of new mills that I can't buy at local shops.

By placing and securing a piece of duct tape over the extractor, it seems to solve the stovepiping. While I imagine it will fall off eventually, it actually works better then when I first got mine in due to the grippy texture on the tape. Even if it doesn't last, placing another piece of duct tape only takes a few minutes, and eventually I bet I can find an excellent manner of securing it on there.

Are you still using O-rings around the shells?

The stovepiping is indeed a problem of its own... a moving / replaceable extractor like the real one would be so cool...

Wait... What? I've put days of work into the project so far. Besides time, I've already spent a nice amount of $$'s on 2 or 3 rapid prototype models, the raw material, necessary tooling and such to finish the dies. I'd feel pretty upset if this would all render up useless.

I'll be abroad in december, so I've set the deadline for the lifters on mid-november. I'm currently waiting on a final deliver of new mills that I can't buy at local shops.

Are you still using O-rings around the shells?

The stovepiping is indeed a problem of its own... a moving / replaceable extractor like the real one would be so cool...

Well in good news for your project, I have yet to receive a response. The only reason I bothered trying to speak to them was because I didn't want to overtax you, as you are just one individual with limits like the rest of us. Also, since they've lately released a video review of the M1100 and gotten restocks on their M870s I figured they could solve the problem if you were unwilling or unable to. And I've still got the o-rings around my shells, and in a test, they're still invaluable when compared to the standard shells, but when you add on some tape its starting to solve the problem from both sides, the shells and the extractor. And let me know if you have any prototype ideas or pieces you'd like to test out on a standard M1100, both of mine are good to modify and I've gotten myself rather hands-on with the internals over the past few months.

For creating a removable extractor, would it be possible to create a slot in the standard shell door (or create a whole new door) and then have an extractor piece that slides into the slot and and screws in place?

Sorry for another double post, but here's an update after I got an email:

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

We understand that the extractor being worn is a very common issue for Maruzen M1100 owners. We very much appreciate your notice and we will look into the possibility of offering such replacement part in future- however at this point we can offer no promises yet.

The only real option currently is a special order of the Maruzen M1100 shell extractors from the manufacturer. However, this is totally dependent on whether or not they do have this part in stock.

We can order parts for your gun.

Please look in the manual for you gun and find the exact part number you want to order. Then I will request our purchasing department to order it for you.

Unfortunately due to the number of requests for parts, we cannot email everyone individually when the parts come in. So kindly just check our website about 2-3 weeks after your request to see if the part has been uploaded to our site.

So essentially, if I wanted, I could place an order and they could in theory get a small batch inbound. This would work as a bandaid for many of the other users out there, and if you wanted some samples with which to test. If you're interested I'll go ahead and email them in a few days. You can still count me in for a few of your extractors when you end up churning them out, I like permanent solutions to problems.

You can still count me in for a few of your extractors when you end up churning them out, I like permanent solutions to problems.

Likewise. That is why buying replacement pot-metal shell lifters would be a bad idea.

I'd imagine if you want a new Maruzen-factory shell extractor, you'd have to buy a the entire half of the mechbox-shell. Anyway; it will probably be expensive!

If Redwolf would be willing to stock SOMETHING from Maruzen, they better start stocking shells for the 'new' shotgun they are selling!

For creating a removable extractor, would it be possible to create a slot in the standard shell door (or create a whole new door) and then have an extractor piece that slides into the slot and and screws in place?

I'm sure that could be done. Perhaps a plastic, yet cheap and easy replacable, piece would be a good idea. We'll get there eventually!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The part isn't done yet. I'll try to complete the next part of the punch tomorrow (did most of the work today). However, I have to mill another small punch & die (2 days work) before I can make the final carrier.

Currently, it does fit and moves up and down smoohtly. The shells feed into the magazine tube like you would expect.

Fingers crossed all other functions will work perfectly too...

I'll keep you guys posted!

• 1 month later...

Well until Schaap has time to make a detailed post, I'll give you guys some insight from our conversation.

From what I've gathered, he's currently working on a full redesign of the extractor, but he's got limited time since his job is taking him abroad for days at a time. He also has currently got his prototype shell lifter in working or almost working condition, it needs some more tests. Here's the design picture he sent me back in October for the extractor piece, and with any luck he's made some real progress by now.

renderfauxcarrier.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Like a reversed Houdini: I'm back!

I'm have kept working on the shell carrier / lifter to get a working one.

I've had to make a few small design changes to the blank to get everything working smoothly. Because I've had to recut the blanks anyway, I descided to make the new ones out of stainless steel instead of aluminum. The punch and die have a hard time bending it, but the resulting part is absolutely top notch.

I've put it through some testing and it functions pretty much as one would expect. I'll ship a couple of samples out to get some other people their opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're looking for M870 stuff, check here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/200549-maruzen-m870-shell-ejector-thread/

Grindstone is working with a local shop to get some custom made parts out there and if his work our he'll be putting the contact info for the shop out.

Also, Schaap sent me one of his shell lifter prototypes, and when it gets here I'll be sure to let everyone know how it works for me. To better perform testing, I managed to source two unused shell extractors, so I should have a very reliable setup once I get Schaap's prototype part. (Unfortunately it wont last long until we create a new extractor!)

Him and I are also hard at work brainstorming ideas on how to create a better extractor. Its a tricky situation since it can't be too hard or it will destroy the shells, and it can't be too soft or it will wear down like it does now. We've got a few ideas we're working with, and with this last part we'll solve all of the original M1100's internal issues, and be just one part away from the finished kit.

Archived