Benelli M1014

Schaap

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

already have an upgraded spring in mine if you want a someone to test it? would love to have the honour. :)

just a quick one, what are the correct names for the peices which can get damaged. i am pretty sure its the lifter, carrier and extractor. i can get the extractor done, but the lifter and carrier i stand no chance. if anyone can find or take some photo's of the internals of a non damaged extractor i could try and help design a replaceable peice or somthing if it helps?

Lifter and carrier are the same thing, and we've been using both terms in the PM's.

Also, I'll be getting some real steel parts over to Schaap some time soon in exchange for more prototype parts and testing, and I'll be sure to let everyone know how wonderful they are.

are you hopeing to make new magazine tube latches with this?

and are the shell lifters comming out WITH the kit, or before?

so many questions so little time ;) looks stunning, would love a few more photo's though, and im sure people would put money in as a deposite to speed it up if thats a current issue :)

EDIT: http://classicairsoft.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-5860.html found that on the classics forums, might not be so hard to use real steel furniture. . .

Currently, I have no plans to recreate the shell latches. They do not deform that quick and can easily be filed into shape again. Besides that, you can still buy the original ones at a reasonable price.

The shell lifters are coming out soon. The first batch I've made is nearly given/sold out.

Once all reviews are in, I'll be able to decide if it is good enough to sale or if it need further modifcation. It is a painstakingly slow process, but hopefully one with the best possible end result.

looks stunning, would love a few more photo's though, and im sure people would put money in as a deposite to speed it up if thats a current issue :)

I'm actually doing a lot "behind the scenes". I've got the machining program for the "closing piece" done, put my HPA rig together and got me some (very) expensive milling equipment. Furthermore, I got a lot of work on the mill itself.

I'll get some more pictures for you soon! ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well Schaap has not posted an update but I have a small update to add.

I purchased two of his shell carriers for the two broken 1100's I had and after getting them installed and the extractors modified I must say these guns are near perfect.

I only have one complaint with mine, and it is a minor one. It is much more difficult to load the gun now because the lifted centers of the carriers hit the blowback mechanism sooner than on the original one. This means that the shell lip scrapes the carrier as it is inserted, and one of the guns I have to pull the bolt back about half an inch to load, the other is just tight. Still, the performance these pieces provide is fantastic.

Bottom line, if you have an M1100, you need these lifters. period.

Schaap, you make an excellent product sir!

On another note, if your bolt is getting stuck back, you can fix it by filing down the wedge on the Schaap's loader. While he may have redesigned them since I got mine, 5 minutes of filing made my action super smooth.

You can also do a little bit of filing on the front of the loader to make loading shells easier.

I have not had any problem with the bolt getting stuck back, although I did do a bit of filing when fitting the carrier so I may have already addressed the issue and not realized it.

I just wish I had an indoor field to play at, I have nowhere to use mine so I have put them up for sale. These are probably the coolest airsoft guns on the market.

I have not had any problem with the bolt getting stuck back, although I did do a bit of filing when fitting the carrier so I may have already addressed the issue and not realized it.

I just wish I had an indoor field to play at, I have nowhere to use mine so I have put them up for sale. These are probably the coolest airsoft guns on the market.

Ooh, mind pming the sale thread to me? I might be interested.

Yes, the loading issue has already been adressed. It's something I missed in the design phase as the plastic ones bended easily enough to load the shells.

If you want to improve this, you can simple cut off (with heavy pliers or a saw) or sand down (it's stainless steel, it will take a while) the piece marked in the image:

modifications.jpgsmallmod.jpg

Thanks for the great comment, sad to hear you are selling the M1100s... you should keep at least one!

Anyway, as I've said to some followers through PM: I'm currently going through some big changes in my personal life. That's why I haven't made any updates recently.

• 1 month later...

Hi Schaap fantastic work with the mod. Just stumbled accross these posts in my search for a replacement shell lifter for my broken M1100 revision which I'm going to be converting into a shell ejecting SPAS12 following the untimely death of my Marui SPAS. I'd love to order a pair of the shell lifters if you have any.

Well, I've had a bit of free time this afternoon to turn the last blanks into carriers.

I've already reserved 2 of them to another Arnies member, but I have another 2 left. If you want them, PM me. Please note it can take another week or so before they are ready, as I have to hand-check every single carrier to make sure they are OK.

I can't believe I've stumbled upon this thread, I've been doing research on M1100 custom parts for like a week now :) And I must say, Schaap, I admire your work and willpower :D

I have a question to those of you who have owned both the old full stock M1100 and The Revision. How are the internals different? Is the shell extractor different in anyway? I'm asking, because I've heard that The Revision has no problem running on green gas, while mine full stock version stovepipes every single shot... Works fine on 134a/144a though... Would replacing the shell extractor for The Revision version help?

About the custom shell extractor door/whatever you call that part, I understand your concept of having a rubber/polymer cushion on the triangle thingy. Have you thought out a way to attach this cushion to the metal part?

I can't believe I've stumbled upon this thread, I've been doing research on M1100 custom parts for like a week now :) And I must say, Schaap, I admire your work and willpower :D

I have a question to those of you who have owned both the old full stock M1100 and The Revision. How are the internals different? Is the shell extractor different in anyway? I'm asking, because I've heard that The Revision has no problem running on green gas, while mine full stock version stovepipes every single shot... Works fine on 134a/144a though... Would replacing the shell extractor for The Revision version help?

About the custom shell extractor door/whatever you call that part, I understand your concept of having a rubber/polymer cushion on the triangle thingy. Have you thought out a way to attach this cushion to the metal part?

All M1100's are identical on the insides. The revision is just a name, with no internal changes.

So what can be the issue with my M1100 not working with green gas? The extractor nub seems still almost intact, the most extended edge of it is slightly rounded up.

@EDIT: Did anyone try 3D scanning the shell ejector?

The small rounding of the extractor is the reason its not working. It barely will survive any wear before failing, because when the bolt recoils faster with green gas, the extractor is more likely to slip off of the shell or miss it entirely.

:( Oki... Now I truly see the need to recreate the part in some tougher metal. I've mailed a couple companies about the cost of such operation. One of them replied: 18-25 Euros per hour of scanning (0.5 sqm scanned per hour), 15 Euros per hour of CNC milling. While I'm rather certain it wont take more then 10 minutes to scan the part, I've no clue about the time it might take to mill it... Or maybe just scanning would do, then some adjustments in the shape of the nub to make it stronger, and Schaap would be happy to produce and try it out himself. I don't know, I'd like to hear about it from him :)

15 EUR / hour sounds a little low for CNC milling. It is normally around 50 - 250 EUR / hour depending on the required tooling, machine and production volume. Please keep me informed if you get more offers!

@EDIT: Did anyone try 3D scanning the shell ejector?

No, I just measured everything by hand. I've attached a STEP-file of the shell door.

I can't guarantee the exact dimensions, but it should be close.

...some adjustments in the shape of the nub to make it stronger

Yes, certainly possible, but I haven't figured it out yet. The Maruzen system doesn't allow the shape, thickness or length of the "triangle" or "nub" to be changed much without causing jammings or stovepipes.

faux-bolt-door.zip

Yeah, I figured it won't be cheap to duplicate the part in a commercial company. I looked over your model, looks almost exact. Did you change the shape of the nub in any way or is it still original? Did you try rapid-prototyping it? Like Shapeways.com? Because I think I'll give it a shot.

Another company sent me their offer, this time for scanning and processing the model. Well, 100Euro for scan and 50Euro to process it to a usable computer model. Thats a bit steep, considering I got my M1100 for 170 Euros :P

Another company sent me their offer, this time for scanning and processing the model. Well, 100Euro for scan and 50Euro to process it to a usable computer model. Thats a bit steep, considering I got my M1100 for 170 Euros :P

Your M1100 is mass produced, you're asking them to do a single one off job, it's always going to cost a noticable amount of money for something like that ;)

Well, true :) Still not convinced to pay that amount of cash for a part I'm not sure of :) Schaap, I've ordered a rapid prototype of your dimensions with a small modification to the nub and to the charging handle zone, so I can test it properly (with a screw instead of the handle). So when it comes in, I'll report on the correctness of your dimensions and design.

Archived