Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

My emags don't lock in or feed properly, it's either the hop or the mag catch.

huh.. interesting. Have you figured out whether it is the magcatch or the hop up yet? You can try removing the mag catch and popping the emag in to see whether the emag hole lines up with the mag catch hole.

Noveske, really nice AEG's especially the 416! Any more pictures of it (some nice large res ones if possible smile.gif) if I had the money spare thats exactly what I would consider putting together (mayb one day)

Here you go. Essentially I built the Magpul HK416 they feature on their website. The only differences are that I went with the EOTech 553 instead of the 552 w/ riser and also an MIAD grip over the MOE.

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

Here's the picture Magpul features on their website:

416.jpg

Edited by Noveske

huh.. interesting. Have you figured out whether it is the magcatch or the hop up yet? You can try removing the mag catch and popping the emag in to see whether the emag hole lines up with the mag catch hole.

Swapped out for a systema hop unit and a guarder mag catch. Neither makes a difference :(

forgive my stupidity but how would that help? It's not locking in as it is? :s

Noveske is suggesting that it's possible that the mag catch is too high to properly hook into the hole on the side of the magazine. Filling down the top face of the mag catch (the area that hooks into the magazine) may modify it so that the mag catch is low enough to properly function and lock into the recess on the magazine. I've seen this before on some guns. Sometimes it's the receiver out of spec, sometimes it's the magazine, sometimes the mag catch, and sometimes it's the hopUp unit sits too low or is out of alignment (typically because of the outer barrel being twisted). Any one of those things could be the contributing factor to why mags don't lock in place. You can also try taking the hopUp out of the gun and see if it's still doing it.

Cheers man, worked out the previous owner had for whatever reason attached some kind of epoxy under where the mag catch sits which was preventing it from locking right :) Thanks for the help novoeske and corps

Added eotech 551, AAC flashhider, ladder covers...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/ambiguousdave/DSCF2781.jpg

Hey bud,

In the first pics you posted, those TD covers looked annoyingly bright tan. In this picture, however, they look really nice. How do they appear in real life? I was looking to snag some for a Block II setup.

Thanks!