Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

I'd say it's maybe about 200grams heavier than the PTS polymer handguard.

Really? Don't suppose you've actual put it on some scales per chance? That surprises me a lot, I'd imagined it to weigh a fair amount more; though we don't know what PTS's version will be like yet admittedly, they might make it out of lead for all we know right now.

Also, for the 1-2 other people out there apart from me, I e-mailed PTS today:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your support in our products.

Please be advised that we don’t have plan to make Masada ACR in OD at the moment. We release Black, FDE and FG only.

Duracoat it is for me then...

I like that a lot. I wish there were ACM SR47's out there, because I would've picked one up long ago...

I have a full kit for sale if you're interested. LMK.

though we don't know what PTS's version will be like yet admittedly

I'll weigh my production samples and compare them.

Really? Don't suppose you've actual put it on some scales per chance? That surprises me a lot, I'd imagined it to weigh a fair amount more; though we don't know what PTS's version will be like yet admittedly, they might make it out of lead for all we know right now.

No, sorry, I don't have a scale that fine (and those who do, I'm pretty sure it isn't for baking!). So I'm merely judging between a juggle of my left and right hand, which I know is fairly inaccurate. What would be a fair amount of weight more in your opinion?

I'll weigh my production samples and compare them.

Would be much appreciated, cheers.

No, sorry, I don't have a scale that fine (and those who do, I'm pretty sure it isn't for baking!). So I'm merely judging between a juggle of my left and right hand, which I know is fairly inaccurate. What would be a fair amount of weight more in your opinion?

Not to worry, just thought I'd take a shot in case, thanks for the info anyway. Not sure exactly what I'd classify as 'a fair amount' to be honest, I just have a strong preference for plastic handguards over free float rails when it comes to my practical skirmishing guns. On that note, if anyone knows whether there's an airsoft outer barrel out there that's the right dimensions for the mid-length MOE handguards that'd be awesome.

Not to worry, just thought I'd take a shot in case, thanks for the info anyway. Not sure exactly what I'd classify as 'a fair amount' to be honest, I just have a strong preference for plastic handguards over free float rails when it comes to my practical skirmishing guns. On that note, if anyone knows whether there's an airsoft outer barrel out there that's the right dimensions for the mid-length MOE handguards that'd be awesome.

Well TBH, I think the ACR does look pretty cool with the polymer handguard, although I prefer the RIS in terms of furniture-practicality. I'm also not a fan on the bolt on rails for the polymer handguard, especially on the PTS version which is fatter than the RS handguard (I'm guessing so one can fit a larger battery in there). I don't know if anyone else has noticed this detail, but it does make the PTS version look more clumsy. Here's a pic of the differences (above is PTS, below is RS):

IMG_4740.jpg

So the RS rails will fit on the PTS ACR, and will it fit a lipo inside? If so, I know what I'm buying myself for christmas...

Yes it will. Only thing is that the takedown pin size is different. The RS is a bit thicker, so you will have to bore the hole on the receiver a bit larger to accomodate this. The RIS has room for a lipo but the polymer is a bit tight. You will have to remove the heat shield. That said, I"ve only tried the 7.4V lipos, I'm not sure about the 11.1V. Will try it later.

I really wish PTS made their ACR in CB rather than FDE. I'm really liking the color of that RIS Noveske. Both of your ACR's are looking great.

-OGGY

I was a bit iffy at first about the CB RIS on the FDE ACR, but the more I look at it, the more I kind of like the dual tone. It's definately starting to grow on me. One of Remington's early versions of the ACR had the upper receiver and RIS in CB with the lower and stock in FDE which I thought looked pretty cool. I might go down this road. Anyone want to find me some CB duracoat?

Reference Pic:

acr1b.jpg