Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

TM552 and krylon, a bit light really compared to magpuls DE, im on the search for a better colour match, preferably in the UK if anyones got a link?

Magpul would make a killing if they released colour matched spray paints.

Begadi Dark Base http://begadishop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=183&products_id=3191 is very similar to MP's FDE.

NCS color chart - S 6010-Y10R - matched as close as I could this far.

Fast cell picture of the sample - I sprayed some styrene piece. It shows how little difference is. I think it's OK and personally I doubt if entirely DE gun would be looking good - bit boring I suppose.

Looking even closer in different lighting. PMAG texture is more flat so painted surface deflect more light.

DSC001291.jpg

Edited by MRF

Go to http://www.begadi.de/

Notice:

International version

English version of our shop. We ship to Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Italy, Sweden, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Malta, Monaco, Finland

My friend's A&K SR25

IMG_0482.jpg

We did the Magpul handguards more for weight savings than anything else, the rail system was surprisingly heavy. Much nicer now than when it was stock. It has an 11.1v 1300mah firefox LiPo inside the cheek rest, but it's starting to get old and needs replacing, it prevented the cheek rest from adjusting any lower anyway, and I found this Turnigy LiPo that should fit better.

Edited by DanHS

I think the XTM's really complete it.

Got an ASAP and MS2 on the way so i can get rid of the horrid QD attachments

I tried to find a replica QDSS NT4 but they're sold out....every...where (the good ones that don't cost $80)

Just wondering how you're planning to install the ASAP. Since the QD sockets on your KAC style receiver will get in the way, are you planning to shave your ASAP or your QD sockets?

Receivers done.

I used modeling enamels on bare aluminum body, so I don't expect any special durability from paint layer. But - bare metal is almost the same color as aluminum paint used for painting lower and at least I expect some nice weathering effects.DSC_0222-2.jpg

Edited by MRF

We'll see. Maybe it won't be that bad. Body's aluminum is covered with some protective layer - paint remover wasn't able to chip it off. Anyway this layer creates very rough surface, so I hope paint sticks to it better than completely bare metal.

But the good part of it all is that paint remover will deal with enamels in no time, if neccessary ;).

In fact it's temporary. I'm looking for someone who can anodize it for descent price, and I'm close to it :).

Edited by MRF